Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Fierceness of Frost

The Pixelated Pony

" hey thanks now just stick it down into the crack and look for something that could be making it expand " Sparkle opened up the box and when she did she screamed and said "m...Mist I don't think the mayor will be coming back to town anytime soon " she handed him the box it contained one note (written in blood), a picture of the basement and a picture of the mayor... Dead

Mist dropped the box and took a step back, "No, No no no, she can't be dead. W-who could have done this? And don't tell me it was the monster, because monsters can't take pictures, hide boxes or write." Mist paced back and forth not believing what he had seen. He suddenly stopped when a scary thought entered his head. He turned to Sparkle. "Sparkle? You said you were sent a letter that told you to come and kill this monster, right? Well I just have a question. Was that letter sent before or after the mayor died? And follow up question. If that letter was sent after she died, then who sent the letter?"

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mist dropped the box and took a step back, "No, No no no, she can't be dead. W-who could have done this? And don't tell me it was the monster, because monsters can't take pictures, hide boxes or write." Mist paced back and forth not believing what he had seen. He suddenly stopped when a scary thought entered his head. He turned to Sparkle. "Sparkle? You said you were sent a letter that told you to come and kill this monster, right? Well I just have a question. Was that letter sent before or after the mayor died? And follow up question. If that letter was sent after she died, then who sent the letter?"

" m...mabye it was I don't like saying this but mabye it was... Suicide or maybe her husband killed her. We should check the basement to see if she's still down there" Sparkle said as the crack opened up even more enough for a pony off around Sparkle's size to fit through it and underneath was a deep tunnel part of the old abandoned mines that ran under the town

"Well I was going to mention something but after the whole blanket thing I think it's better if I don't...I do like my wings attached to my body after all.." Lily said while looking at the ground. "I've never fought any demon before or really ran into one besides you. Pretty sure I could manage to not die though"

Steel sighed "I'm not going to hurt you lily and that incident was a little uncalled for yes but I'm so used to ponies trying to kill me and my daughter that even when I sleep I'm tense plus I was kinda worried about another pony last night" steel said with a slight blush

Lily was still too busy staring at the ground to really notice Steel's blush. "I'd say it was a little more than uncalled for when I was just trying to help." She said while looking at Steel with a hurt look on her face. "Besides who else could you be worried about anyway?" 

Steel looked at the ground "I was worried about you" he whispered "and I felt something touch me I didn't know what it was" he said" I failed to keep watch through the night and somepony could have gotten hurt because of me" he kept walking looking down blushing more

Lily stared at him for a moment. "Really? You were worried about me? Nobody's ever really worried about me...I'm just kind of there." She said managing a small smile to try to help him feel better. "It's ok, nothing got in and ate us at least that I know of" She softly nuzzled Steel's neck. "Not that it matters much, I know you can take care of yourself, but I worry about you too." 

Steel nodded "I was worried about you" steel said when she nuzzled him he blushed slightly and enjoyed it "most ponies just fear me and run off the only pony to truly worry about me is Astrid" steel said he opened a wing and out it around her effectively hugging her for a moment before refolding his wing away

Lily nuzzles into Steel again when he hugged her, trying to make it last a few more seconds. "Well it's not just her, I worry about you too." She kissed him lightly on the cheek and started heading deeper into the mine to hide her blush. She looked at some of the few remaining stones on the walls. Most of them wern't going to be worth too much but they might make a nice gift for herself or Angel she thought to herself, if she wouldn't have to explain it away when she got back. 

Steel smiled and blushed as she kissed his cheek it made him falter and he didn't recover as gracefully as he had last time he just hoped she wouldn't say anything about it he wasn't sure what was going on between them but he didn't want it to stop -maybe I can have this- he thought

Lily looked back at Steel and giggled a little as she watched him but she decided not to comment further on it. "Come on Lily, for once in your life do not mess this up." She thought to herself. She wasn't sure what any of that meant or where it was going but she enjoyed it and he seemed to like her too which was really a first for her. She walked back beside him and kept her side pressed against his. 

Steel smiled at her as they walked he glanced around and seem nothing of interest "something doesn't add up if there's a beast that was awoken and is sleeping in the mines the town should have blocked it off to keep ponies out and why would the mayor and the family leave while the other ponies stayed and why would you kiss a stallion like me" steel said he had been thinking out loud and didn't even realize it

Lily stopped dead in her tracks and took a couples steps back away from him. "Oh, I'm sorry...you didn't like it..? I was just trying to show that I cared about you.." She said while staring down at the ground now, unable to make eye contact or think about anything else that he had said. Even if there were more questions than answers. 

Steel stopped he hadn't realized he'd been speaking "no lily I did like it I'm just confused you're a nice mare and you're beautiful and well I'm a demon a hell spawn naturally evil why would you kiss somepony like that" steel said he was rambling and didn't care he didn't mean to offend her

Lily kept staring at the ground. "Well you just think I'm nice because you just met me, and I kissed you because you're pretty much the only stallion that cares if I'm monster chow...or hasn't tried to feed me to one...and I kissed you because I liked it...and I messed up already." She turned around like she was going to go back to the mansion. 

Steel moved to stop her "you didn't mess up anything lily" steel said standing in her path he wasn't sure what to say he had messed up bad and didn't know what to do so he leaned in and kissed her on the lips he was blushing a lot his face more red them grey at this point

Lily looked up into his eyes. "What do you mean I didn.." She was cut off when Steel leaned in and kissed her. She definitely wasn't expecting it but as soon as the initial shock wore off she started kissing him back. She was blushing too when she pulled back and stared at him without saying anything. 

" m...mabye it was I don't like saying this but mabye it was... Suicide or maybe her husband killed her. We should check the basement to see if she's still down there" Sparkle said as the crack opened up even more enough for a pony off around Sparkle's size to fit through it and underneath was a deep tunnel part of the old abandoned mines that ran under the town

Mist cringed at the thought of finding a dead body but if the mayor was down there he felt he should take it to her family so they could pay their respects, "Okay then let's check the basement." said Mist following Sparkle through the crack. But then another thought entered his head, "Sparkle? What if it wasn't suicide. That means there's a high probability that there's a killer on the loose. A killer neither Steel nor Lily knows about."

Mist cringed at the thought of finding a dead body but if the mayor was down there he felt he should take it to her family so they could pay their respects, "Okay then let's check the basement." said Mist following Sparkle through the crack. But then another thought entered his head, "Sparkle? What if it wasn't suicide. That means there's a high probability that there's a killer on the loose. A killer neither Steel nor Lily knows about."

" If there is a killer Steel seems capable of dealing with them well I say seems because I've never actually seen him kill anything before..." Sparkle said before falling the last couple of feet and landing on her hind hooves "mind that last step Mist it's a big one " She said laughing

" If there is a killer Steel seems capable of dealing with them well I say seems because I've never actually seen him kill anything before..." Sparkle said before falling the last couple of feet and landing on her hind hooves "mind that last step Mist it's a big one " She said laughing

"You're probably right," said Mist as he leapt over the last step, "I'm sure they'll both be fine." He turned on his torch and looked around the room. Mist looked at the walls which had clearly been mined of all mineral deposits. (Well this place definitely looks abandoned,) Mist thought to himself. He turned to Sparkle, "you see anything out of the ordinary?" he asked.

Steel looked at her and whispered "that's what I mean" he was still blushing he gave a slight cough and looked around "we umm should get back to looking around" he said not sure what to say or do he shifted his weight to the other side looking at her he felt nervous

"You're probably right," said Mist as he leapt over the last step, "I'm sure they'll both be fine." He turned on his torch and looked around the room. Mist looked at the walls which had clearly been mined of all mineral deposits. (Well this place definitely looks abandoned,) Mist thought to himself. He turned to Sparkle, "you see anything out of the ordinary?" he asked.

"Define ordinary " Sparkle said "but now you mention it there is some strange scratching on this section of the wall, I don't know if it's from the miners or the monster but it's... Different alright alot different from any other wall in here..." She looked down the tunnel to see it had caved in bringing in some of the cold from the outside

Lily kept staring at Steel still at a loss for too many words. "Oh..um..yeah, just one more thing first." Without any warning Lily leaned in and gave him a longer kiss. "Ok, now we cam get back to looking around. Maybe we can find a clue as to where the mayor went and why the town isn't worried about it."

Steel blushed and began walking again deep in thought trying to figure out what just happened and what it alll meant he walked but didn't really pay attention not even to then questions about the town or the monster alll of his focus was on llily

Lily walked along beside Steel with her side against his. She had a slight blush when she thought that iw wasn't just for the warmth, though it was nice to be out of the wind at least for a little while anyway. As she walked along she saw some unopened crates here and there but she figured that there wouldn't be anything good in there anyway since nopony in their right mind would leave behind anything expensive.