open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

@J.R.

The rabbit bounced slowly over to Ice Blizzard, giving him a sniff.

"Countess Coluratura?" Sunset Shimmer couldn't see Ice Blizzard, but she still shot him a quizzical look behind the bushes.

"An Equestrian famous popstar."Twilight paused from concentrating to look over to where Sunset Shimmer was. Or where she thought she was. "She was in Ponyville a long time ago. A friend of Applejack's, and a really good singer. Ice Blizzard's right; if she's coming here, then there's going to be a lot of excitement in Bangcolt, and soon."

The rabbit bounded over towards Trixie, and began to sniff her as well.

"That just gives us more reason to find the culprit now. It's not just Cadence depending on us, but Bangcolt, and the whole of Equestria."

-------

@The Down Trotten@Unicorncob

"Actually, Celestia is in, though as its nighttime, she's currently scheduled for undisturbed rest. Is there an issue of great importance you need to discuss with her urgently? If so, i'm sure she'd be more than willing to talk to you. If not, however, then I will kindly ask you to wait until morning." Sunny Days gave a small smile to the both of them, though she didn't move from her position.

Cloud blushed slightly at Lightning's praise, feeling rather proud of her combat knowledge. "Hehe, thanks!"

She grinned at his wondering where he could go for food.

"I was actually about to find someplace to eat myself," she explained, "Wanna come?"

Lightning reacted the same way he always reacted to thought of food.

"What are we waiting for?! Let's go!" he shouted with excitement. This has been a pretty good day so far, Lighting thought to himself as he put his stuff back in his saddlebag and got ready to take off.

• Brohoof 1

@@Fractured,

Ice was confused as to why a rabbit would find them so interesting, and even stopped to stare at it for a bit, "Hm. Cute," and went back to looking out towards the clearing, "Yup. Think of the lives, the foals, and the music. Nothing is gonna keep this thief safe while I'm around. It's ass-bustin time when I find them. Whether it leads to a fight or not."

He looked out to the clearing with ice binoculars, "Better be ready. No one must know they exist. We can't let the masses know of this, or else it'll sweep the cities in panic. We need to stay on alert. Especially near Hearth's Warming Eve. What's a peaceful winter holiday like with mass hysteria, and panic? Pssh. No way, am I letting that happen. Hah, I've saved up too much money over this past year to but all of my friends gifts just to have it be for nothing."

He chuckled again, "I'm sure many of you feel the same way. This holiday is too sacred for losses as it's mostly a time of love and happiness. I'll be damned if I let some thief ruin it," he said, still looking out to the clearing.

Starlight tilted her head, raising an eyebrow at the stallion. "I'm not egging you on at all, Rhetoric. I was just trying to make a little joke.

Rhetoric blushed  "I apologize... I was getting a bit parionad... Looking for things that simply were not there. It seems my sense of humor has suffered from my long periods of isolation. Especially the more sophisticated sort. I'm going to have to get used to not being the smartest in the room" trying to recover from his odd acquisition he dabbled in self deprecating humor 

@@J.R.,

Chrysalis reared back "Evil?... I've never been evil in my life! Who made a pony the collector of souls? As ridiculous as a claim as that is"  she had calmed down a bit, but her emotions shifted to a new topic 

Contrary to the Prince's growing impatience, Indus politely dipped his head at the mare in greeting. "Professor Indus Moonquill, of Celestia's School of Magic. A pleasure to meet you, Sunny Days."
@@Fractured,

Sunny Days didn't quite word it properly, if she had wanted rest she should have simply said that Celestia was tired... "Urgent? Of course its Urgent! I'm her nephew and the sun was in the sky for far to long, what the Discord is going on here, and is my Aunt alright?" his voice filled with annoyance, indignation, and somehow under neath it all worry 

• Brohoof 1

@J.R.

"You're right, Ice Blizzard. Also..." Twilight shivered. "Its cold out here, and I really want to get back inside." Twilight gave a small laugh, while Trixie gave a small nod in response and Sunset Shimmer smiled. The rabbit finally finished its course, finally bounding over to Sunset Shimmer and sniffing her as well. She knelt down slightly, and grinned.

"Aren't you adorable? You remind me of the rabbits Fluttershy has back over at Canterlot High." Sunset Shimmer reached down to pet the rabbit, but before she could, it gave a soft squeak of protest, before bolting off into the woods in the direction it came. Sunset Shimmer jumped slightly, then tilted her head a little in the aftermath.

"Well, that was weird."

@@The Down Trotten,

Axton chuckled, "The way your changelings almost took over Canterlot was worthy of evil. But I figured you'd respond that way. For you see, I was appointed Soulhunter for Tartarus via a cursed accident because of a deal I made. I now travel Equestria to hunt down it's evil/and or escaped souls. I knew you weren't evil. That question was merely a test."

He grew somewhat sympathetic, and asked her, "This is what I find odd; your subjects. Why are they not with you as they normally are?"

-----------

@@Fractured,

Ice was confused by the rabbit's behavior, "Odd. usually it reacts that way to being provoked or ugly looking things. But you weren't either of those things, Sunny. Strange...keep your eyes open, everypony."

He smirked at Twilight, "What you don't like the cold? Ha. You're looking at an Ice Clan pony; one of the few left in existence. Somepony who's trained in hail, sleet, snow, swam under several hundred meters below sea level, and hasn't ever gotten a cold. Ha. Up north it gets 5 times as cold as this, and I don't shiver. But it may be because I was born and raised up there. Meh, who knows," he looked back out to the clearing.

@J.R.

"The Ice Clan? Can't say i've ever heard of them. They sound absolutely fascinating, if not a little... extreme." Twilight gave a small grin from her position. "And you say you're one of the last? What happened?" Twilight's voice dropped a little; considering the context, she hoped she wasn't being insensitive. Meanwhile, Trixie continued to stare at the spot where the rabbit had left...

Lightning reacted the same way he always reacted to thought of food.

"What are we waiting for?! Let's go!" he shouted with excitement. This has been a pretty good day so far, Lighting thought to himself as he put his stuff back in his saddlebag and got ready to take off.

Cloud Chaser grinned and gave her wings another ruffle, before spreading them and taking off after Lightning.

"So," She began, grinning, "What kind of food do you like?"

Rhetoric blushed  "I apologize... I was getting a bit parionad... Looking for things that simply were not there. It seems my sense of humor has suffered from my long periods of isolation. Especially the more sophisticated sort. I'm going to have to get used to not being the smartest in the room" trying to recover from his odd acquisition he dabbled in self deprecating humor 

Starlight chuckled softly, though not meaning any harm. "I understand, I'm used to getting...untrusted." She admitted, smiling a crooked grin.

"Actually, Celestia is in, though as its nighttime, she's currently scheduled for undisturbed rest. Is there an issue of great importance you need to discuss with her urgently? If so, i'm sure she'd be more than willing to talk to you. If not, however, then I will kindly ask you to wait until morning." Sunny Days gave a small smile to the both of them, though she didn't move from her position.

Sunny Days didn't quite word it properly, if she had wanted rest she should have simply said that Celestia was tired... "Urgent? Of course its Urgent! I'm her nephew and the sun was in the sky for far to long, what the Discord is going on here, and is my Aunt alright?" his voice filled with annoyance, indignation, and somehow under neath it all worry 

"Prince, if I may," Indus spoke up, keeping as calm and cool as ever, "Calm yourself. Whatever has happened to the sun, I am sure Celestia has a good explanation."

He turned his attention to Sunny Days. "When can we expect to hear from her?"

@The Down Trotten@Unicorncob

"By morning, I assure you. To my knowledge, Princess Celestia has never been one to let ponies down. Though as long as i've known her, even she makes mistakes occasionally..." Sunny Days looked up to the moon for a moment. She turned back towards Indus suddenly, as if she had been daydreaming.

"I apologize for the inconvenience. Will that be all from you two tonight?"

@@Fractured,

Ice gave a sad sigh. It always hurt to retell this story, but he didn't wanna disappoint. He cleared his throat and began, "No wonder you haven't heard of us. We've been extinct for hundreds of years." He opened his grandfather's book to the very beginning which showed his ancestors, "My clan ancestors, or how as I put it, my clancestors, settled in the north over 1000 years ago. 6 unicorns, 3 stallions, three mares. The stallions were Glaciem, my probably 1000x great grandfather, was the peace loving noble leader. Gelidus, Glaciem's brother, was quiet and smart. Duratus was the...not so smart, yet craft stallion, making every weapon my family ever used. Then the mares were Frigus, my 1000x great grandmother, who was Glaciem's loving wife, and medical magic extraordinaire. Frigore, who was always ready to get herself dirty in a fight, and has a close personality to mine. And Nix who was shy, and quiet. All she ever really did was focus on magic magic magic, and the study of magic. She was also the youngest, too."

Ice continued on, turning the pages to that of a war ridden wasteland, "They were the original founders of the clan, which lasted a very long time. The Ice Clan was known as one of the most peaceful, and loving clans in Equestrian history. Unfortunately, one day, the rivaling Fire Clan went to war with us because they thought we killed their leader's brother, when in reality they killed out leader's brother. Suffice it to say, my family lost, and got wiped out pretty damn quickly, forcing the rest of those who survived to go into hiding all over Equestria. Unfortunately most of them, were hunted down and taken out."

He turned the pages to what looked like present day, showing a shack in the north, "Which brings us to recent time. My great-grandparents made their home in the north to stay hidden, as they believed by that time, the Fire Clan had spread too far and wide to expect any of us to live there anymore. From there, my grandparents lived there, and gave birth to my mom, who then gave birth to me. And once my father left me and my mother for thinking I would be nothing because I am an earth pony, and could not control ice at birth."

After a long, deep sigh, Ice spoke, "So, yeah. The history of my family is long, sad, and tragic. But, there is a light of hope. I will tell you my own personal history: As I said before, I could not control ice at birth, so how can I control ice you may ask? Well, that's the thing. One night, I stumbled upon my clan's power reservoir. A spell was cast upon each and every clan member for their ice magic to be stored in a crystal automatically upon death. This kept ponies from harvesting our power from our deceased. Power which could only be accessible by the touch of a clan member. Enter: Me. When I stumbled upon this thing, I was a confuzzled little colt, and abosorbed the power from it. My clancestor's spirits came to me, and told me about the power blah blah blah. I only had access to 80% of the full power at any given time, due to it's instability, and nopony should have access to the full power. When I first started out, I had no good control over them, and had to earn them. So, the spirits had me read books on how to control the powers I was given properly without a horn. It was tedious, but after a few years, I finally proved I was worthy, earned my powers, and became who I am, earned my cutie mark, blah blah blah. Now I'm one of the last few Ice Clan members in Equestria. The only other one I know of is my mom, and grandfather who gave me this book when I was young. He was a general in Celestia's army by the way, and the one who trained me to fight, though he's been missing for 10 years, so he may be alive or gone. Who knows."

He coughed after having talked so much, "So....yeah. That's pretty much all there is to it. Anything else you want to know just ask. But if you're not interested, I understand, since the clan itself has become a forgotten memory by now," he said as he closed his book, and turned around with a sad sigh before he fixed his focus onto the clearing again.

• Brohoof 1

@J.R.

"Oh, i'm so sorry..." Twilight deflated slightly on hearing the news; she hadn't expected an ending so tragic. "But, it raises so many questions." She put her hoof to her chin, drawing off into thought. "Like, what are these spirits? Are they magic, or are they souls? And where are the fire clan now, and how come nopony stopped them? And how was none of this ever recorded-

"Twilight, get down!" Twilight, mid rant, suddenly felt her body jerked visibly toward the ground by telekinesis. Moments later she understood why;, a solid rectangular block of earth streaked by over, inches from her skull. It continued to move forward, until it struck a nearby tree, pulverizing it into splinters. Twilight, now released from the telekinesis, teleported off to the side, while Sunset Shimmer and Trixie both dashed out of their hiding places next to her, horns sparking as they looked into the darkness for their attacker.

@@Fractured,

Ice was taken aback by the sudden chunk of earth that had suddenly flew towards them. He knew that by then it was practically too late, and they had been discovered. Nothing to do from here except jump out as the others did, "Looks like no time for pleasantries!"

He jumped out of cover, and looked around for the attacker as he got into his fighting stance, "Stay alert....that could've come from anywhere!" he looked ready to fill the attacker up with ice.

@J.R.

Twilight, Trixie, and Sunset Shimmer all braced themselves, eyes darting around frantically as they looked for the assailant.

"How did they know we were here?"

"Maybe they overheard us?"

"Or...I did feel weird magical traces on that rabbit while it was here..." Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer both stopped briefly to stare at Trixie.

"And you didn't think to tell us this before-"

"Duck!" Trixie shouted, before phyiscally pulling Twilight and Sunset Shimmer down to the ground again. Moments later, an earthen pillar roughly the same size as the first went flying over them from a different direction. Twilight spat out a small amount of dirt, and coughed as she looked up.

"We're in trouble."

@@Fractured,

Ice was frantic for a moment, but then calmed himself, "No we're not. We got this." He turned his head to Twilight, "Twilight, you can fly. When don't you get high in the air to see where those things are coming from. When we see another one coming, someone put a shield around us, and we should try an listen for where the attacker is. Because it's so dark, we can't very well try to run through this forest without being blindsided. So if Twilight flies into the air, and can either pinpoint where these are coming from, OR distract them, so that we can run after them, we can get the jump on them."

He turned to Trixie and Sunset, "Also, if either of you could do a light spell so we can see out here, that'd be a good idea, too."

@J.R.

"They know exactly where we are, but we're camouflaged." As Twilight talked, her horn sparked, and her coat changed black to match the rest of the groups. "If we change our position, we should be able to fool them." Her horn's glow changed intensity, and a violet shield solidified, moments before another pillar slammed into it, cracking it slightly. Twilight winced.

"I'm going up now. I'll try to track her position using magic." Twilight silently lifted up and took to the sky, leaving Trixie, Sunset Shimmer, and Ice Blizzard alone. Sunset Shimmer, still looking out into the blackness of the forest, decided to take a gambit.

"Why are you doing this?" She shouted loudly into the forest. "Why fight us? Why attack alicorns?" Almost immediately, the rustling around them stopped, and the forest fell silent.

"...I wanted... to be remembered..." A soft feminine voice called out from particular area in the forest, and Sunset Shimmer stopped briefly as well.

"Remembered...?"

@@Fractured,

Ice heard the voice, and got an idea. He whispered into Sunset's ear, "Hey, hey hey hey. Keep her talking. I'll try and see if I can get close enough to see who it is." And he began sneaking around, low to the ground like a warrior would. He began stalking around, listening for the voice again.

• Brohoof 1

@J.R.

"No... Not remembered. At first, I wanted to discover who I truly was, just like everypony else. Then, I just wanted to know why. Why did I have to live like this?"

"Live like what? I don't understand." Sunset Shimmer continued to call into the forest, while Twilight soared overhead, searching for a particular magical aura...

"It's always the same. I live out centuries, and everything changes around me. Except them. They did this to me!" The whole forest seemed to tremble slightly as she spoke, and Sunset Shimmer shivered at the intensity.

"They? You mean... the alicorns? What did they do?"

Edited by Fractured

@@Fractured,

Ice stalked around, getting closer and closer as the voice kept talking. His plan was working twofold, as he knew Twilight was overhead, and thought, "That's right, Sunny. Keep her talking. We'll find out who she is, why she did this, and exactly where she is soon enough...."

@J.R.

"They left me stranded on this world for millenia. Stuck here while everything changes around me. I hate it!" It hadn't taken her a while, but Twilight had finally managed to track down the magical signal. She readied the teleportation spell...

"They think because they have all of this power, they can do whatever they want, but they can't. Its time to see how they like it."

@@Fractured,

Ice by now had gotten close enough. If he walked about 10 paces forward, he would now see who it really was that had been doing this. Hopefully it wasn't some guy named Austin, "Alright. Whoever this is, is right up there....time to reveal who this is once and for all, and reveal their motives."

Ice simply walked slowly, and quietly forward to find out who it was.

@J.R.

"You know you don't have to do this. You can stop, give up the Horn, and this can all be over. We don't have to fight, and no one has to get hurt." Sunset Shimmer continue to talk, hoping to at least drive some sense into the pony, but an almost growl of derision told her otherwise.

"And just leave them here? With the power to-"

The voice cut out suddenly, as it suddenly had to contend with Twilight landing on top of its owner as she dropped out of a teleport. The brown unicorn with leafy green mane and tail hit the ground hard as she was knocked downward, and glared up hatefully at the princess, who was pressing her weight into her insistently.

"Its over."

"Get.Off of me!"

@@Fractured,

Ice jumped over the bushes to the scene of Twilight holding the thief down. He smirked as he felt they had won, but it all happened a bit too fast. Oh well. He went over, and asked the thief, "Who are you? Why are you doing this? If you can explain, we can help you, but only if you calm down."

Yuki was amazed at the fact that there was another clan that was peaceful, unlike the Clan of Fire, "That's very amazing. From when I was young, I only remember few clans who were as peaceful, and benevolent as yours. Once again, I am honored."

She decided to ask a question that had been ringing in the back of her head for a while, "Tell me, exactly ho many left of your family  is there today?"

zenru smiled, and yrel beamed. "thank you. likewise, its an honor to have met a few members of the ice clan. and, to answer your question...we are few. only a few other families, besides me."

yrel ventured close to yuki, looking up at her. "do YOU have ice powers, too??" 

@@P-Jay,

Yuki shook her head, "I'm afraid not. I'm an earth pony. And my son is the one who earned the sole right to use our clan's power. All I have is a set of nunchakus that were given to me, but that's pretty much it."

She looked into her now empty box of sweets, "Oh dear. It seems I have to make more."

@J.R.

"What Ice Blizzard said; explain to us exactly who you are. And considering the fact that the alicorn you drained was my sister-in-law and one of my best friends? I'd do it quickly." Twilight left the threat to hang in the air, though she had no intention of harming her. But the unicorn looked up at her slowly, and something in her dismissed the thought anyway. This mare looked almost crazed. And a little bit sad...

"My name is Terra..." As she spoke the name, the whole forest seemed to tense again, and Twilight tensed along with it. "I speak to the trees..."

As she spoke, the ground underneath Ice Blizzard suddenly softened into the consistency of tar, attempting to trap him. At the same time, thick vines began to rip themselves out of the ground next to him, suddenly pinning Twilight by her two back legs and dragging her off Terra. The mare stepped away, and began to shuffle around in her saddlebag using magic.

"I can't let any one of you get away with this. I'm sorry..."