Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did I do a good Fluttershy?

SteelSpark

(edited)

I like it. Something about the nose looks a little bit off, but that's not too important. It looks nice.  :kindness:

Thanks! :pinkie:    its my first attempt.

Edited by SteelSpark

Not really, no.

Unless you're going for your own unique style (in which case I don't understand it at all), there's a lot you need to heavily improve upon.

Namely the very careless line work and improper spacing and placing of said lines, assuming you're going for a drawing faithful to the show's style. Even in the case that you want to develop your own artistic style, these are things you should definitely consider and improve upon.

the lack of actually critical comments in this thread is almost painful

The nose is awkwardly bent and doesn't line up perfectly with the eye, which, if you look at in-show pictures of characters from this angle, the bridge of the nose (almost) always lines up perfectly with the line for the eye. Example:

2c692f883e.jpg

Proportions are a bit off; the mane is a little too large and the ear is a bit too small. Also, your line-work could be improved. It looks like you were applying too much pressure in an attempt to get thick and straight lines, and ultimately they came out as the antithesis of what you wanted. Try to build up your lines with light and smooth strokes rather than pressing down hard with the pencil. If you do that, your lines will be less jittery and any errors can easily be erased and subsequently fixed. Once your light strokes are exactly how you want them, then you can apply some extra pressure to get a more distinguished line.

That said, it's still a pretty decent picture. :) Keep practicing and you will improve!

Edited by Makazi