Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Echoes in the Summer Sun

dusk shade

Summer sat down opposite her she was about to just stuff the thing down her neck, like what most ponies did she opened her mouth but stopped and pulled back up, She slapped on hoof with the other, "you're in Canterlot missy manners." she looked over to Deja, "so how would you eat this?" pointing to her tart.

Deja smiled and pointed to a small knife on her plate. "You cut it a bit and eat the smaller pieces..there are also napkins to wipe your muzzle of crumbs if any are leftover. Is that really so uncommon in Ponyville", she asked with genuine curiosity and laughed a bit.

"um yeah it is we have one restaurant like that there but otherwise everypony just well eats their food so yeah, and I'm not a unicorn cutlery are for unicorns, um... oh I know." Summer extended her wings and used her largest feathers as big fingers to wrap them around the knife and fork, she tried but it was tedious and rather funny to watch her struggling cutting and using the fork to put small pieces in her mouth, she then dabbed it with the napkin. "am I doing it right?"  

Edited by Emerald Bolt

She had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing at the spectacle that the made eating was. "Yes, you have successfully eaten like a civilized Canterlot unicorn, nor an elite, but tolerable in their eyes, I think", she promised as she used her magic to cut her muffin and ate it a bit slower, using her napkin after any and all bites.

"this is silly I feel silly and I know I look silly, i'm surprised you did not laugh at me." Summer finished her tart after a few more minutes of looking foolish, "I'm not doing that again, next time I'm just gonna sneak it when no pony is looking, how the hell do earth ponies eat around here?"

She releases her tongue and let out a steady breath. "Believe me, I almost did laugh..I will not judge you for eating your food tour way, and as for earth ponies...I think they eat with help...and a lot if ediquite classes", she says and stands from her seat. "So, you are a tourist, where would you like to go"!

"Oh the CASTLE please, please." Summer was like filly in her attitude towards it. "Oh I only want to see that castle I have for years can we go inside maybe I can tell the guards the Emerald is my cousin and they let us look around the inside. That would be awesome!"

"Um...why would her being your cousin grant you access..I probably have more access than you do...no offense, I'm just going by the fact that I have been performing the gala for years so I likely have some lee-way", she started leading her away from the bakery as she spoke, not realizing she was rambling.

"aw oh well maybe you do honestly I just want to see it, I have never seen the castle or the royal sisters so one is fine that will make my week, no that is not fair to you no it is you made my month." Summer scoots over a bit and brushes Deja with her wing, "yeah you have made my month."

Edited by Emerald Bolt

Deja Vu wasn't quite sure what to make of her words and actions and instead lost her train of thought as they walked through the crowded streets. "Um..right...well..I'm glad I could make you happy... I don't think I've ever made anypony's week before", she finished with a proud smile, glad she had made the made happy. As they approached the castle gate a royal guard stopped them due to the time of year, the castle was busy with preparations for the gala. "No worries, I will take you to the castle soon".

Summer had stopped some meters away and just sat there staring at the castle it was the most jaw dropping sight she had ever seen, she was entranced by the castle's architecture and shape, her jaw was agape and she was simply stunned by what she had wanted to see for half of her life.

"Seems to me just the outside has you slobbering... Just wait until you see the inside", she smiled and led her back down the street to the train station. "Nothing note to do in Canterlot, sadly, it can be pretty boring here sometimes", she admitted as she bought the tickets.

As they boarded the train and sat down again for the return journey, "I can't thankyou enough for showing me the castle it was better than I had dreamed and today was great, apart from the house call but that pales to the rest of the day. But how are we gonna work I mean when is Echo coming back and when will I see you again?"

(edited)

She nestled into her seat by the window and thought for a moment. "Well, I know when he hit Ponyville he will be back. As for when I come back, well that really depended on the situation..we normally switch when there us something important going on.like a purchase for my gallery a party he absolutely has to go to...and you are welcome, glad to make you happy".

Edited by dusk shade

"dose that mean I won't see you for a while then? aw." Summer lent over to her and cuddled up wrapping her wing around Deja. "well I'm not moving from this if this the last I'll see of you for a while, you're making me sad," She looked up to her. "can I have another kiss?"

Deja looked at the mare and Nuzzled her back affectionately before answering her question with a gentle kiss on her cheek and smiled before pecking her lips lightly. "Considering the situation we will likely switch more than normal...we always do when a relationship arises"

"well that is nice to see, I'd bet my left hoof you'd love to stay at my house, you'd have to cast a cloudwalking spell on yourself but I think you'd love it for the architecture as much as out else." Summer snuggled in more she was quite warm compared to her being dead and all. "If this works out as a more long term thing, would you like to become one of my kind there are benefits like immortality for one. But think on the last part there is more time in the world for that part, really I'm just thinking out loud."

Deja nodded at the thought of standing on a cloud. "Well I'm not very good at that spell but I will practice it until I can stand on a cloud without feeling through it, I assure you", she said though she did not comment on the vampire question knowing that was a choice both her and Echo would need to agree to.

"well I have a spell book at my house with a really easy version that allow perfect cloudwalking for two whole days a foal could cast it and I'm not joking either I took it to the school and Sweetie Bell was over the moon as to where the others when they could sit on clouds for the rest of the day, she cast in on the entire class."

"That sounds great, may I borrow the book when we get back into Ponyvil.. Oh, right..Ponyville, just..give it to Echo yell him I need it, don't tell him why, unless you feel like you need to, like if he presses then you cab tell him if you want", she said and leaned on her marefriend's side.

"Well I see no reason why he can't visit either he is my friend you know so I will tell him, that is ok yes?" She knew time was drawing to a close and that Echo would be coming back but she sat there enjoying the closeness all the same today had been unreally good.

Deja Vu nodded in agreement to her reasoning and smiled. "I meant don't tell him about us unless you want to, I won't force you not to if you want to let your friend know", she said as Ponyville Station came into view and with it came Echo who had completely forgotten that he and Deja had spent the day with Sumner so seeing her next to him on the train was surprising. "Hey, um. How was Canterlot"?

Summer had quickly moved back from them as Echo came to, "hey Echo Canterlot was amazing, Deja was really nice to me and we had lot's of fun, and she was ok with the vampirism thing to which was cool, the castle was amazing I have to say an I have a book for you and her to read."

"Um. Okay. Cool. What's the book", he asked as the train came to a stop. "Um, yeah, I'm glad you had a good time today, gave me a chance to sleep which I definitely needed", he said cracking a smile. "So, everyone likes the vampire, great..well, by likes I mean we're cool with it", he stammered at his blunder.

"What does that mean, cool with it?" As they departed the train and walked into town, "you'll like the book it's about cloud walking so you and Deja can visit my house, since you know pegaus and all living in a cloud house so yeah, I guess I'll let you go it had been a long day and some rest and sleep are in order."