Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Dusk Labs: Project Coepi Ignis RP

DarkHaert

Redwood finished loading the Appleoosa Buster and took one of the radios from Watch Eye, setting it to channel two like she had said. She checked her vest to make sure it was on right and if she had her medical supplies, ammo, and various other essentials. Redwood slung the Appleoosa Buster over her shoulder and took a last gulp from her flask before putting back in one of the pockets of her vest.

"Ah'm ready to go when y'all are," she said.

The makeshift door over the hole that was the original rumbled open. A long dark hallway lays before Redwood, Second Sight, and Plaguebearer. Then Watch Eye tossed some flashlights and ducktape. "These might be useful. Good luck bounty hunters." Watch Eye was also heard over the radio, "And those work. You're all set boys."

Redwood flicked on her flashlight and taped it to her vest as she began to walk down the hallway. She kept on the lookout for any signs or other indicators of where the power generators might be, keeping watch for any hostiles. Redwood couldn't help but feel like something was off.

Edited by crispy fries

Second Sight took the tape and stored it in his pouch. He took the torch in his mouth and trotted into the tunnel, inspecting the architecture.

'This place was meant to last' he mused.

He stomped a hoof, the sound echoing back and fourth the ends of the hall.

"The hall's around 80 meters long. This can't all be reinforcement. There should be doors on the sides."

A crackle over the radio, and then Watch Eye came over the radio, "It's just the way it was built. Dusk Laboratories never made sense. Now power on the generator so you can get to the next floor. And keep an eye out for anything off. This was said to be more of a efficient development facility than storage."

"Well, let's fan out and search th' floor, but we gotta be sure to keep in contact with each other though. Ah'll check one side out, Plaguebearer, Second Sight, y'all oughta take the other. Remember to radio back if y'all find anythin'," Redwood looked towards the left side of the hall and began to search for a door.

Edited by crispy fries

Part of the wall opens as Redwood started to search, and reveals a chemistry lab. Moss covers the floor, and the computer terminals lined across the far wall appear to be... shredded? Panels and screens from unicorn computers lay about, covered in the green moss.

Foulbearer saw the room and quietly commented, "Interesting, there is a minute artificial ecosystem in here... How did that happen?"

Over where Second Sight was, a section of the wall slides open as well. Inside lays computers, and a stack of notebooks is laid across a desk.

Redwood readied the Appleoosa Buster and slowly entered the lab. She shone her flashlight around in search of anything salvageable and walked over to the computers to get a better look at what happened to them.

On the way, she scraped up a patch of moss and asked Foulbearer, "Yer a scientist, do you know if is this th' kinda thing we should be holdin' on to?"

The computers had long gashes in them... almost as if they were attacked... And recently too.

Foulbearer scraped up some of the moss. "It appears to be just common moss, nothing special." Foulbearer looked about, and headed out to the hall. "This is rather interesting if I do say."

Second Sight walked into the room, checking corners for hostiles. Revolver ready for QuickDraw, he examined the computer.

'I've never seen this specific model before. This won't be something you would find in a shop.' He mused.

He gave the computer's power button an experimental push. Surprisingly enough, it booted up. Within a matter of seconds, too.

Too bad it was password protected.

'Typical...'

A small cable popped out the side of his claw. He plugged it in to a port at the side of the computer. The computer went into overdrive as it's security was pushed to the limit and disabled. The password completed itself, and Second Sight was granted access into the computer.

'Yes!' He celebrated. Flipping through the files and logs in the computer, he talked on the radio.

"Watch eye, bounty hunters. I think I've got a map of the first and second floor of the facility as well as a couple of diary logs. You might want to take a look."

The gashes in the computers didn't help the uneasy feeling Redwood had. She tossed the moss to the side and went back into the hallway to continue looking for the generator. Redwood kept her weapon a little closer to her hoof than before, and headed over to Second Sight.

Edited by crispy fries

Foulbearer walked over, "What do the logs say? Anything interesting?"

Then a electrical sound is heard down the hallway. And then apparently the backup generators for the room Second was in kicked on. A pearly luminescence filled the two labs, briefly blindly everypony. One light sparks in the chemistry lab, killing the lights in there.

Redwood whipped around at the sound of the light going out.

"Listen, somethin's not right. It looked like th' computers over in that lab were cut like somethin' attacked it, and ah got a hunch that whatever did it is still here. That technician said we gotta watch for hostiles, and ah ain't no stranger to combat, but ah got a real bad feelin' about this," she said.

Edited by crispy fries
  • Brohoof 1

Foulbearer looked at Redwood, "If this truly is a genetics lab, then no doubt that whatever did that" Foulbearer pointed at the slashed computers,"Is not the only thing we might encounter." Foulbearer looked down the hall and cocked his head. "I think there is another room... I can hear humming."

"Alright, let's check it out, but we move slow and keep quiet," said Redwood as she readied the Appleoosa Buster again.

She slowly crept down the hallway and hugged the wall a few feet from the door. She extended her hoof and pushed open the door, craning her neck to look inside the room.

Second Sight glanced upwards at the lights.

'I didn't do that... Must've been one of the others. I wonder how they got the lights on...'

He flipped through the existing logs on the computer.

"Log 1... The scientist is stressed. Nothing out of the ordinary."

"Log 2... Gene manipulation? Fascinating... I wonder what the hell they created. Were they successful?"

"Log 3... Well, looks like they fucked up. I think I'll download some of their research for my use."

"Log 4..." Second Sight frowned, and clicked again. "It's corrupt." He tried to repair it, to no avail. "I'm not recovering this anytime soon".

Second Sight downloaded the files into a drive in his claw, and started exploring the computer's functions. It seemed to have controls over the generator's door and an... elevator? Shrugging, he activated both of them. He spoke over the radio.

"I'm opening the door to the generator. The elevator's online, too. Just follow the sound of opening doors: it should lead you there."

He unplugged the cable from the terminal and crossed over to the other lab, joining Redwood and Foulbearer. Noticing their tension, he prepared his own revolver.

Edited by Guest

The open door reveals an inert generator, ready to be turned on. A lonely screwdriver lays next to the generator. A single light shines in the relatively dark room.

Foulbearer observed the scene, "Looks like some pony wanted to sabotage it, but didn't get... to..."

That when he noticed the big bloody streak on the floor leading to the elevator across the room, in fact, the elevator looked like it was supposed to be hidden behind a wall, but it lays open now.

"Foulbearer, get that generator turned on. Ah'll check out what happened by th' elevator and radio back when I get there," said Redwood.

Redwood left the generator room and trotted to the elevator, keeping her weapon ready. Whatever was waiting for her, she was ready.

Foulbearer assented, "Understood, let's get this geny running." Foulbearer tinkered a little bit, and the generator roared to life. All the lights came on, the computer screens turned on.

The elevator itself contains no blood, but the trail ends at the seam where the elevator begins.

Second Sight crouched down, examining the blood. He smelled it. It smelled close to pony, yet like something else. An unidentified smell.

"There is something loose inside the building..."

He followed the streak, peering down the darkness of the elevator shaft.

"The blood is cut off here, so whatever made the trail... Is inside the elevator shaft."

Second Sight stepped into the elevator, eyeing the maintenance hatch leading to the top of the elevator. He drew a card from a deck on his belt, yellow markings on it glow in softly at the touch.

"Ponies, get your guns out. When you're ready, I'll open the hatch and throw this card in. It will explode in a flashbang, hopefully blinding and deafening any creature which lies in ambush. From the logs, the creature which did... This"

He motioned around the room.

"They said it had no eyes"

"No eyes? What in th' name of Celestia do you mean 'it had no eyes'? None of this is sittin' right with me. Whatever they were doin' here, it was evil," said Redwood.

Her gut was telling her to run, but she was too stubborn to listen. Redwood felt like whatever was going on here needed to be dealt with.

Edited by crispy fries

Foulbearer, "That means, it might be able to see us now.... And regard genetic experiments, I think they created more than one thing in this lab, possibly... One of the alicorns? Is that what Watch Eye meant by notable individuals?"

A faint sound is heard below the elevator, like something shifted.

A sound is heard behind the group. "Well, if I had know I had guests, I would have made tea." And behind them stood the eyeless mare, in fact, it looked like her forehead went to her nose and cheeks. Blue geometric lines ran across her body, and on her lower abdomen and back, ran some sort of tubing with with glowing blue liquid inside. The tubing went up her back, and into a small backpack like machine. The mare was a navy blue color, but her mane was white with bright glowing blue stripes in it, the same color as the liquid in the tubes. "Do you want to kill me? And I think there's something under the elevator."

Edited by DarkHaert 2099

Second Sight slowly turned around to greet the new arrival, idly twirling the card in his claw.

In all honesty, he was genuinely, almost pleasantly surprised. He had expected the 'monster' to be some mangled, bloodthirsty monstrosity incapable of thought.

Let alone an almost normal looking mare with a sense of etiquette, sarcastic or not.

"Well, our orders were to eliminate any hostiles. So, to answer your question, we would just continue with our mission." He shrugged

Redwood turned around and wasted no time pointing the Appleoosa Buster right at the mare's face.

"Tell me what in th' name of Luna and Celestia you are right this instant and ah might not splatter that pretty face 'a yours across th' wall," she said, not breaking eye contact with the mare.

The mare cocked her head, as if listening to something. "The things on the floor below. Do not open the canisters, or make what's inside think they are being looked at. They have issues." The mare walked a little closer, "The last group sent in here, they died. They were employees of Dusk Laboratories." The way the mare said 'Dusk Laboratories' was filled with malice, "You are not, and Second, I'm sorry about your hoof, must've been painful. And Redwood, it hard to make eye contact with somepony that doesn't have eyes, but nice to meet you. Foulbearer, I could care less."

Edited by DarkHaert 2099