Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Accidental double post

Sir Wafflington

(For the sake of keeping of simple and/or staying on topic, I've decided to keep from going into too much detail.)-(I've been doing this on my iPod touch, due to my sister being on the computer)

Earlier today I made a post. Seeing that that post would best using the quote thingy (I don't know what it's called) I tapped the quote icon, thinking it would add to my previous post (II've only been a member of one other forum ever, and that's how it worked). think it would to my previous post. I got a notice saying that I had to wait 27 seconds before could post again. I then realized I had accidentally double-posted, which I'm well aware is very much frowned upon on the Internet. Later encountered a similar problem, when I wanted to edit a post, I wasn't really paying attention and tapped post. I got another notice now saying I had to wait 49 seconds to post again. Seeing how the time went from 27 to 49, I saw that it was giving me more time, like I was like a repeat offender, or something. I just wanted you to know I didn't mean to cause a disturbance, I've been my iPod touch (as I said before) with a really slow Internet connection, all while participating in the "Banning Game" over at Cloudsdale Coliseum, which is very high-paced and since your post only makes sense about the previous poster, if someone posts while you're still typing, it kinda messes the game up. I didn't mean to double-post, I really didn't. I feel terrible about it. If I can do something to make up for it, please let me know.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think this is a problem you need to make a topic and apologize for =3 Just talk to a staff if you need help with something dude~

wat

Someone apologized profoundly for making a DP.

Like, wat bros, wat.

What is happening here. Who kept this poor soul locked under the floorboards.

/post

Just self-report it.

Only if you repeatedly and with purpose DP, you deserve a note saying ya messed. And that's all.

You need to, like, constantly DP to be frowned at.

As in ten posts following each other.

Mistakes happen mang.

• Brohoof 2

Oh wait, duh-I can't believe I missed that. Yeah, looking at the post I did overreact. It's just on every forum I go to. Whenever someone double-posts they get eaten alive for it. I just wanted people not to be mad at me for it thinking I was a spammer.

If it was something you had done first thing when you came on the board, it'd be far more suspicious, but it's really not =3

The reason it gave you 49 seconds instead of 27 is because there is a 1-minute flood control time limit, and it tells you how many seconds are left until you are able to post again. This has nothing to do with double posting.

IP.Board will automatically merge consecutive posts on the same topic by the same member into one. If this happens, just edit your "merged" post to remove any duplicated content. This has virtually eliminated the issue of double-posting for us by making it impossible to begin with.

If you happen to make a "double topic", just report one of them and it will be removed promptly. It's no biggie.

Whenever someone double-posts they get eaten alive for it.

This kind of worries me... I'm sorry you've had to put up with this elsewhere. But you can chill out and relax around here - we're all quite friendly and no one's going to judge you for an honest mistake as menial as making two consecutive posts. :)

• Brohoof 2

This kind of worries me... I'm sorry you've had to put up with this elsewhere.

Le raison, Monsieur;

Posted Image

Everyone assumes it's chan-time if DP's pop up for some frakked up reason.

And then those baying at the poster for making a mistake get shot for inciting forum drama and have their accounts suspended.

Yay~

Gotta love forums, always something.