Razer vs Alienware

K.Rool Addict

Alienware or Razer Blade?  

4 users have voted

1. 1. Alienware or Razer Blade?

• Alienware
    • Razer

(edited)

Ok, so after months of research, these are the two laptops I have narrowed it down to, as they suit my needs the best (and yes, I need a laptop lol; I know pcs with equal specs are priced like 3x cheaper) Please let me know which you think is the better option along with an explanation for why you think it is better =^-^=

Alienware 15" r3

• $1,800 - 2,500
  • GTX 1070 (8GB GDDR5)
  • i7-7700HQ (2.8 ghz - 3.8 ghz/w Turbo Boost)
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • 15.6 Inch (1920x1080p IPS 60hz) OR (1920x1080p TN 120hz) OR (3840x2160p IGZO 60hz) <--- All screens matte finish
  • 7.8 lbs
  • Ethernet port
  • Perfectly centered keyboard with soft, cushiony keys
  • Good speakers
  • Good cooling system
  • UGLY laptop >.<

maxresdefault.jpg

Alienware15S-18.jpg

Razer Blade 14'' 2017 (4k refresh not yet released; screen is based on current Razer Blade Stealth and Razer Blade Pro 4k Panels)

• $2,400 - 2,800
  • GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5)
  •  i7-7700HQ (2.8 Ghz - 3.8 Ghz Turbo Boost)
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • 14 inch (3840x2160p IGZO 60hz) <--- Glossy with near perfect color gamut/ accuracy
  • 4.5 lbs
  • No Ethernet port
  • Centered Keyboard with clicky but silent keys (also crazy awesome RBG lighting)
  • Pretty good speakers
  • Cooling is "meh"
  • Beautiful sleek "Apple-esque" design <3

maxresdefault.jpg

razor-blade-14-inch-2016-16.jpg

Edited by K.Rool Addict
  • Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Alienware 15" r3

• UGLY laptop >.<

While I do agree on this it's a really durable laptop because of its design. Not durable as in throw it down a flight of stairs but if you drop it from average waist height it won't suffer a lot of damage if it's closed.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

While I do agree on this it's a really durable laptop because of its design. Not durable as in throw it down a flight of stairs but if you drop it from average waist height it won't suffer a lot of damage if it's closed.

Yeah, The Razer Blade gets scratches and stuff super easily >.< I know I can get a DBrand skin, but I prefer to keep my laptops skin-less. :o

Still, like the portability of the Razer much more... not to mention the glossy screen (cant stand matte finish lol).

Edited by K.Rool Addict

• 2 weeks later...

Say hello to the Razer Blade's bigger brother~

Waste of money, or worth it if I have enough to throw around? I tend to like "wow factor" tech:

^IDK how I feel about those thermals/ fan noise. Also the mechanical key switches might annoy the fuck outta me xD 

Is there any reason why you need a laptop with such insanely powerful specs? Are you on the move alot and just want an all in one gaming beast aswell as a means to do school work or do you just want the luxury of an extremely expensive piece of hardware? 

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, DayShadow said:

Is there any reason why you need a laptop with such insanely powerful specs? 

How is a GTX 1060-1070-1080 (the latter of which only performing slightly better than a desktop GTX 1070) "insanely powerful specs"? :o I mean, its not like I'm dropping real $$$ on a beast like this:

16 hours ago, DayShadow said:

Are you on the move alot and just want an all in one gaming beast aswell as a means to do school work or do you just want the luxury of an extremely expensive piece of hardware? 

Honestly... both =^-^=

The Razer Blade 14'' would clearly be the winner here for portability. But its meager GTX 1060 is a tad underpowered for my tastes (especially since I would intend to play many games at the native 4k resolution; don't worry, I'm playing mostly older titles) Still, a GTX 1060 isn't gonna offer me locked 60 fps at 4k in many games even if they are less graphically demanding.

I'm loving the power and cost efficiency of the Alienware 15'' r3, BUT I am not loving the ugly matte display :/

Razer Blade Pro has , like, the perfect screen and GPU power for me, but the keyboard is off center and it has those annoying "clicky click" mechanical switches >.< Not to mention the thermals are a little too toasty >.>

Idk, everything seems like a compromise regardless of the money I spend Q.Q These three laptops are merely the ones that come closest to suiting all my needs.

Razer Blade 14'' is like a little waifu-tier laptop; beautiful design and perfect for snuggling up with in bed :o 

Alienware 15 r3 is the sensible option. Better bang for your buck with better cooling, lower fan noise, built to last.

Razer Blade Pro is the luxury option, and thusly, very tempting due to the gorgeous large screen and awesome GPU

It is quite difficult to choose; I have been narrowing my choices down for the past 6 months >.< (had around 15 laptops on my list initially lol)