Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A Bittersweet Farewell [RP]

Sweetcake

((Anyone can join by either helping her or being the one who took what she needs!))

Sweet Cake lets out a calm, defeated sigh as she sits beside her vibrant, ribbon decorated caravan. Coming back to Ponyville has always been difficult for her since she has constant memories of her grandfather whenever she returns. It creates a swirling feeling in her mind as if she was pushed around by Fate and laughed at. No one wants to believe her when she insists he isn't passed, but missing. Perhaps with age and fruitless searches, she understands them better.

Being closed for the day, Sweet Cake flips her homemade sign on the side door and trots off, hoping to catch up with an old friend of Spice Oak (her grandpa).

When she sees the stallion, Toasty Mallow, she happily gallops over to him, a smile growing on her muzzle. "Good afternoon, sir." She greets in her sing-song tone. "I'm here to pick up the harvet pie your sister always makes so perfectly!" 

She pretends not to see his wince until he speaks. "Oh, sorry Miss Sweet Cake." He says while looking away from her little frown. "I sold my last pie just ten minutes ago. We didn't think you'd be back so soon..."

Her eyes grow wide as the world seems to darken for this poor mare. "N...no more pies???" She has to repeat it because she is very shocked. There has never been a time where he has ran out of pies for her. "Are you sure?" She squeaks her question out where Mallow nods solemnly.

Well, she can't let that happen. She is going to find the person who took the last one and bribe or just beg for the harvest pie. It means so much to her. She dashes off, squinting her eyes in determination while scanning for anyone who may have it or is willing to help.

Edited by Sweetcake
  • Brohoof 2

Mehndi Heart walked down the street with a wonderful pie in her toy red wagon she dragged behind her. "This will be great! I can't wait to give it to him!" she says to herself in her mind. She slows down as she hears somepony running behind her. She gets that weird feeling in her gut that something is wrong for the second time that day. Mehndi looks behind her, preparing for anything. A curious look spreads on her face when she see an adorable pink mare running around with a determined stature. 

Mehndi stops walking."I wonder..." she says to herself out loud. "No I can't get distracted again, I need to give this pie to that homeless stallion." She says once moreShe continues to walk towards  her destination, almost approaching the homeless stallion she met minutes before. She smiles, not suspecting a thing. 

• Brohoof 2

"W-wait, please!" Stumbling on her words a bit, Sweet Cake keeps rushing towards Mehndi but trying not to look scary so she runs away. It took quite awhile to search, but finally she caught sight of the mare happily making her way with the pie in the wagon. Finally, she did not have to keep searching about frantically. But now she must make sure to keep up with this pony before it is too late.

She is about a foot away as her gallop slows down and deep breaths of air flow in and out of her mouth. "Please..." Her chest feels as if it's been cooked in her oven. "I...I really need that pie from you. Is there anything I can do? I'll replace it or give you more!" Sweet Cake is a bit surprised herself at how secretly desperate she is becoming. But then again, this is a tradition for her now and she truly wants to keep it going until it is no longer needed.

Mehndi Heart's fur almost jumped off her skin in surprise. The sudden sensation of desperation from the pink mare behind her startled her. She turned around with a confused look and said "Are.. you alright? Why do you need this pie? I spent my last bits on it and.. well.." Mehndi's head turned towards the homeless stallion she was hoping to approach with the pie. He noticed her and waved at her. A sad look shown on Mehndi's face and turned her head back the the mare in front of her. 

"I... uh..." Words would not leave her mouth. She had faced problems like this before but didn't expect another today. She hoped her act of kindness to the stallion would help her day go better for her and for him. She took in a deep breath and let it out. "Do.. you need the whole thing? Every piece?" Her face was hopeful now. Hoping that she could at least SHARE the pie with both ponies. 

"Well...I suppose I just need two slices." Sweet Cake admits when she looks a bit sheepish. Normally, she gives the rest to her animal friends when she is done. Then again, they can have something else to eat. Perhaps if she makes another pie, they won't notice. With an embarrassed smile, the mare pats down her wind-swept hair (that occurred from running around). "Please do forgive me for being so sudden and panicked. I have been looking all over for a harvest pie. It's a tradition of mine." 

Looking over to the stallion waiting, her heart drops a bit and she sighs. "I'm also not one to take things from those being generous. I have more sweets in my caravan if you wish to share with your friend." As she keeps babbling, she blinks before giving a small laugh. "Oh right! I'm Sweet Cake. She introduces herself at long last. "I used to live around Ponyville before I took my bakery business around Equestria! Now I sell seasonal sweets to both animals and ponies!" 

Mehndi's Heart's eyes sparkled with gratefulness. She took a sigh of relief and said "thank you for understanding! I'll pay you back any way I can! I'm happy to meet another pony that loves to give." Mehndi took out a pie slicer from the wagon and cut the pie in to six even slices. "Come with me, we can share with him together. Oh! My name is Mehndi Heart by the way. Its nice to meet you." Mehndi Waved back at the homeless stallion and started walking. All the weird feelings in her gut disappeared and a loving glow replaced them. 

Though Mehndi is usually alone and reserved from other ponies, Sweet Cake gave off a sweet and loving aura. Mehndi had no feelings of brutality or anomaly from her. She felt safe and welcomed. "I'll give you your share as soon as I give that homeless stallion what he needs" Mehndi said. She smiled with reassurance in her face and voice. 

"Of course and it is very nice to meet you. Do take your time, but are you sure there is room for me?" Sweet Cake giggles a bit when she noticed a happy change to Mehndi. It is always fun to meet new people and have fun together. Being on the road so often and taking care of the business makes it more difficult to interact with ponies, so she carries a small bounce to each step she takes. "I don't think I've shared a proper meal with anyone in forever. Unfortunately my couple of friends have gone their own ways in the world so I never see them anymore."

"Oh, but enough about me! I'd very much love to know your story." She says in her bubbly attitude. "To me, you seem like a great caretaker. Like a nurse or a vet! Someone who can really take care of someone and make them smile." 

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi's face turned into a surprised look. She didn't expect to be complimented like that. "On the road a lot, no proper meals... I know those kinds of dilemmas." Her look of surprise faded into a far away stare into the distance. She realized she was doing the "thing" again and shook her head to concentrate again on the task at hoof. Both Sweet Cake and Mehndi Heart approached the homeless stallion with smiles. The homeless stallion stood up wobbly and beamed at them. " You weren't lying to me! Thank you so much kind mares!"

The stallion took 3 pieces of the delicious pie and shoved one of the pieces into his mouth. There were a few tears of joy running down his dirty cheeks. He realized that what he was doing and blushed a little. His rapid eating must have looked greedy. He swallowed and said "Thank you..." Mehndi bowed her head in respect. "My pleasure..." She said in a soothing voice. She lifted her head and handed the three left over pieces of pie to Sweet Cake. "Your good deed will help you with the rest of your day." 

(edited)

"Oh no...I did not really so anything selfless." She says a bit bashfully, watching the stallion enjoy his food. She remembers when her schoolmates would snicker and judge the homeless, but not her. She had no right to since if it weren't for Spice Oak, she would have been the exact same. Thinking about his warm and wise smile brought fresh tears to her face. It has been years since she last saw him and yet the thoughts are still painful.

Hoping that Mehndi isn't looking, she wipes her face and beams a grin. "Thank you so very much for your help. If you would like, we can go take a ride on my caravan and have a little picnic with these pies." She usually does not allow anyone to follow her, but Sweet Cake feels a change would ease her soft heart. Besides, there is three pieces which mean there is enough for someone else.

Edited by Sweetcake
  • Brohoof 1

Mehndi felt Sweet Cake's tears but decided not to say anything. She knew it would make her uncomfortable. Her mind started trailing off with thoughts of a picnic. A picnic with somepony who wouldn't judge her for everything she does. Somepony who wouldn't glare at other ponies walking by. She thought and thought some more not realizing she was staring at the ground. She suddenly snapped out of it. "He's not with me anymore. I'm safe here." she said to herself quietly. She looked at Sweet Cake and smiled warmly. Her decision was made. "Yes, I would love to ride with you and sit somewhere for a picnic." 

Mehndi almost couldn't believe what she was saying. She is alone most of the time and barely speaks to other ponies unless spoken to first. "Maybe this is sign" she thought. "Perhaps... its time to face the music and make acquaintances". Mehndi started walking with Sweet Cake, her ears pointed straight forward. Nothing was going to stop her from socializing this time. Not even her past interventions.