Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it very rare for a pair of childhood friends to fall in love with each other as teenagers or adults?

AlicornSpell

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, King Blanketfort said:

I think you misunderstood the meaning of my whole post. While I didn't explicitly state it, as I thought it was obvious: yes, there are people that grow up together and don't fall in love. But your specific question was "is it rare for a pair of childhood friends to fall in love?" as in, you were only focused on the statistics, "how rare is it?" I just gave you a website that might give you a baseline for how "rare" it may or may not be. That's all I was doing. ^_^;.

Sorry for the extremely long reply. A lot of times though, many people's bestfriends are bestfriends that they met when either they were teenagers or adults. That website didn't addressed the issue about childhood friends falling in love with each other later on in life. Having a bestfriend who you knew since childhood is different than having a bestfriend that you met as either teenagers or adults.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:58 PM, Snow Frostflame said:

I have fallen in love with two of my childhood friends, one of them I actually dated. Not one of the wisest things to do as we're no where nearly as close as we use to be. I can see it being more likely to date someone who isn't close to you, than your best friend but not to the point of it being very rare. I'd say a good few of us has had secret feelings towards a close friend at one point, but didn't want to risk their friendship. But then again research and evidence trumps personal experience.

Yeah, sometimes if you date your "bestfriend" and you end up breaking up with them, it can sometimes permanently damaged your relationship with them.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, King Blanketfort said:

I think you misunderstood the meaning of my whole post. While I didn't explicitly state it, as I thought it was obvious: yes, there are people that grow up together and don't fall in love. But your specific question was "is it rare for a pair of childhood friends to fall in love?" as in, you were only focused on the statistics, "how rare is it?" I just gave you a website that might give you a baseline for how "rare" it may or may not be. That's all I was doing. ^_^;.

Also here's another page about the Westermarck Effect: http://www.weirduniverse.net/blog/comments/westermarck_effect

It's statistically unlikely due to the majority of people making friends with members of the same genders although in certain circumstances the two friends may be different genders or both may be gay which could lead to a potential relationship although the chances of that happening would be less than 25%

As long as nothing/no one interferes, I don't see why two people couldn't stay together and grow romantically from a young age to an older age. Some people are naturally monogamous and like to stay with the same person for their entire life. I had a friend that I would have stayed with forever if I hadn't been uprooted and taken away from her.