Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Random Ponies, Practice Sketchsheet (Part 2)

AIMonkey

(edited)

Part 2:

"Went and made some more sketches today, good fun trying to find more poses. And trying out new things, like 2 ponies interacting and stalions!

Again, no reference used, all drawn from mind

Also my ponymonkey returns it seems. :P

Again, feel free to criticize, comment, pick a (least) favorite or anything, or just enjoy :)"

post-5051-0-31642400-1339175366_thumb.jpg

Part 1:

As I'm new here, I thought, Let's try to make some fanwork

First time drawing ponies for me

I draw from my mind, not using any references. A simple rule for myself and these sketches are no exception

Just some simple sketches and random ideas.

(The 4 ponies in the top left corner are from an earlier session couple of a days ago though.)

I hope you enjoy it, it's a way I want to show my appreciation for the influence MLP:FiM and everything has on me.

Feel free to criticize on it, point things out or just make a good ol' comment on it :) Anything is welcome

post-5051-0-54520100-1339099492_thumb.jpg

Edited by AIMonkey

It looks like you drew them without guidelines.... you should try using guidelines. It can only make it better.

• Brohoof 1

It looks like you drew them without guidelines.... you should try using guidelines. It can only make it better.

True, I hardly used guidelines. I might need to investigate actual pony anatomy first for myself.

My own world does not compute with MLP's world

PS: Can't stop staring at your avatar :P it's hypnotizing

(edited)

Actually, I think they're marvelous!

I don't think I know what a guideline is,

but with or without them, I'm quite sure your art is going to get better from here on out!

Good job! :D

Editted:

Yeah, I don't know what a guideline is ;p

Edited by Dizzy Leeane Rage
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Actually, I think they're marvelous!

I don't think I know what a guideline is,

but with or without them, I'm quite sure your art is going to get better from here on out!

Good job! :D

Thanks, nice to hear you like them.

As for guidelines quick info: they basically help you guide the position of parts. Like how high an eye should be, or how big the head is compared to the body. Things like that. (eventually you won't see any guidelines in the end)

And something that counts for all most, one of the best thing one can do is just draw, it only gets you moving forward :D

Edit: We are all individuals, everyone should find their own style and technique they like and can work with. Plenty of choice

Edited by AIMonkey

True, I hardly used guidelines. I might need to investigate actual pony anatomy first for myself.

http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/8102/1/1/how-to-draw-my-little-pony,-friendship-is-magic-style.htm

And something that counts for all, best thing one can do is just draw, it only gets you moving forward

Actually this isn't true.

I am not referring to you though. I promise.

When someone practices bad techniques in regards to drawing, then in that case drawing more doesn't help.

I've only seen two people who are like this and neither of them are on these forums.

(edited)

Thanks, nice to hear you like them.

As for guidelines quick info: they basically help you guide the position of parts. Like how high an eye should be, or how big the head is compared to the body. Things like that. (eventually you won't see any guidelines in the end)

And something that counts for all, best thing one can do is just draw, it only gets you moving forward :D

Ohh, now I know what guidelines are haha, forgive me, I haven't had formal art training yet, sorry! ;p

Edited by Dizzy Leeane Rage
  • Brohoof 1

http://www.dragoart....magic-style.htm

Actually this isn't true.

I am not referring to you though. I promise.

When someone practices bad techniques in regards to drawing, then in that case drawing more doesn't help.

I've only seen two people who are like this and neither of them are on these forums.

Ah, true. Sometimes one gets stuck on something they really shouldn't.

I should have said "most people", each individual and technique can be different for sure, too keep it short :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Went and made some more sketches today, good fun trying to find more poses. And trying out new things, like 2 ponies interacting and stalions!

Again, no reference used, all drawn from mind

Also my ponymonkey returns it seems. :P

Again, feel free to criticize, comment, pick a (least) favorite or anything, or just enjoy :)

Edit: :blush: I forgot 1 tail

post-5051-0-11602800-1339175217_thumb.jpg

Ohh The poses are really nice, especially for not using references. I like how the legs are a little bit blocky, for lack of a better word, it's cute and rather reminds me of filly-Fluttershy.

I always did like filly fluttershy for her legs :D Edited by AIMonkey