Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLPForums Plus - A Site Mod For Quality Of Life Improvements (v1.5.1)

Rikifive

@Silly Druid From the first screenshot I can say, that the code was run, as the event triggered by scrolling was correctly set up and the scrolling successfully triggers the update function. That event is added after the object is created, so apparently that code was processed, but for some reason it didn't create the object itself.

It's really hard to tell what is going on though, I cannot reproduce the issue in Chrome with the extension you use. I opened tons of topics at once with middle clicking, right clicking and every single page had everything initialized properly, no issues whatsoever.

At the beginning you're getting some errors related to document.head, I never get these myself. Not that it may be related, but it's odd regardless. If there's a difference between opening a page in the current tab and opening it in a new tab, maybe there's something, that Firefox does to perhaps optimize things, that apparently conflict with how the extension injects code? Chrome just simply fully loads the entire page in background if opened in a new tab you're not in.

...But wait, does the dark theme also refuse to load in this scenario? The site remains completely unchanged? If even CSS doesn't load properly, then there must be a problem with the extension itself and how it works in Firefox. With JS, my plugin requires some of the site elements to be loaded first before it can create objects that are powered by these (like the topic and its posts must be loaded for the post list to catch them and create a list), so if that alone was an issue, I could try to look around and optimize timing, but with CSS it doesn't really matter and there's no way for me to work around that.

JS and CSS are two different things, even if I pack JS code with errors, the entire JS may simply refuse to do anything, but CSS (dark theme) will continue to work correctly no matter what. So I fear I can't really do anything.

Perhaps a different extension would work better, but I honestly have no idea, as I'm not using Firefox. :c

@Silly Druid Well I kinda managed to recreate the issue if I set "Dostęp do stron" to "po kliknięciu". Then, whenever I opened a new tab the extension didn't work at all, as it required me to click its icon to inject code. Navigating in the same tab kept it running.

Setting it back to this:

2023-02-26_23-28-03.png.990bb72a6b665e9103b3ec7bdaf5dc32.png

Made the extension work correctly at all times.

But still, even if nothing worked for you, some logs were still printed anyway, so the extension had to be active... In my case it completely paused the extension and no logs were printed at all, so I already can tell it's not it. There was hope...

Either way, perhaps Firefox has things a bit differently, so try looking at the settings to see if there's anything potentially related.

2023-02-26_23-28-40.png.0bef3c9a26e6290fe8e795ae2079fc16.png

Otherwise no idea. I had settings as they were by default after extension installation and it just works for me.

@Rikifive

There is no such option in Firefox.

I tried many other extensions, and finally found one that works. It's called "Man in the Middle". Both JS and CSS work without any problems. I recommend it to anyone who wants to run this mod in Firefox.

Thanks for all the help you provided!

Edited by Silly Druid

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to MLPForums Plus - A Site Mod For Quality Of Life Improvements (v1.5)

// UPDATE

JS - v1.5 (NEW!)
CSS
🌙LUNA - v1.5 (NEW!)
CSS
CELESTIA - v1.5 (NEW!)
This time BOTH, JS and CSS code have been updated.

// What's New

1. COMPLETE THEME OVERHAUL

NEW PONIFIED THEMES!

Theme Preview.jpg

If you prefer light themes:Celestia is for you!

Spoiler

celestiathemepreview.thumb.png.36a125ea496788b86487d21191143340.png

If you prefer dark themes: 🌙Luna is for you!

Spoiler

lunathemepreview.thumb.png.aa1c7bc54aa0f8464a19d6a63f41ac71.png

And with the new themes come tons of visual changes all over the place~

3oOVBSS.png.e1e218a8ab9d567326cf4fec5f0e There's also Celestia or Luna (*depending on theme) waiting for you somewhere, can you find them? mTzMRGZ.png.d04a95cb336e047d6c415f06e186

2. RANK LEVEL IN NAVBAR

Now you can view your rank and the progress to the next level in the navbar!

celestiaxpbar.png

lunaxpbar.png

3. SHOW FULL STATUSES

The recent forum software update caused all statuses to be "truncated" by default, requiring you to click "read more" to view them in full glory.

Instead of nicely scrolling through statuses, now you have to snipe these "read more" buttons and OH BOY is it bugged!
2023-03-09_05-58-54.png

Anyway,
I asked for opinions and nobody seemed to like it, so here you have it, with this epic plugin statuses show fully as they used to.

♦ ←─────~◊~─────→ ♦

To get the update, please head to OP.

Scripts are uploaded as .txt files,

simply open them in notepad and copy&paste code according to instructions

♦ ←─────~◊~─────→ ♦

DISCLAIMER

Please remember, that it is an UNOFFICIAL modification to MLPForums.
Report plugin related issues here if you'll ever bump into something odd.
THANK YOU! :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 5

• The title was changed to MLPForums Plus - A Site Mod For Quality Of Life Improvements (v1.5.1)

// UPDATE

JS - v1.5.1 (NEW!)
CSS
🌙LUNA - v1.5.1 (NEW!)
CSS
CELESTIA - v1.5.1 (NEW!)
This time BOTH, JS and CSS code have been updated.

// What's New

1. Compatibility Patches

The forums had some changes in functionality, which affected some of the mod's features. There's also a new forum feature "Live Messenger", that required to be styled.

• patched Post List to reload entries when switching the page in topics
    • Switching post pages in topics no longer makes the entire page refresh, so after the new page with posts is loaded, just scroll for the post list to update itself with new entries
  • fixed User NavBar colliding with announcements appearing on top of the page
  • added stylization for Live Messenger plugin
    • The Live Messenger plugin is currently during the testing period, available only to staff. This patch is just to make my theme ready in case Live Messenger is released for everyone.

♦ ←─────~◊~─────→ ♦

HOW TO UPDATE

To get the update, please head to OP.

Scripts are uploaded as .txt files,

simply open them in notepad and copy&paste code according to instructions

♦ ←─────~◊~─────→ ♦

DISCLAIMER

Please remember, that it is an UNOFFICIAL modification to MLPForums.
Report plugin related issues here if you'll ever bump into something odd.
THANK YOU! :BrightMacContent:

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Trot Shuffle said:

WHy didnt you tell me about this sooner? This is cool! :fluttershy:

You didn't ask :mlp_icwudt: jk

I hope it serves you well, should you decide to give it a try. :BrightMacContent:

• Hugs 1

• 2 months later...