Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite game hack or mod?

Reiki Knight 13

What is your favorite game hack or mod?

My favorite has to be Bastila on Koriban mod.

Normally, the game forces you to not be able to select her in the level but with the mod the trigger that makes her unavailable is  skipped over and you get funny moments like this.

Sith Guard: "... just make sure they don't cause any trouble."

Carth: " No more trouble than our master will be..."

Sith Guard: "WHAT WAS THAT!?"

Bastila: "Uh, please forgive him sir. He's mentally deficient... and he drools."

Carth: "HEY!

Gensokyo Warfare for Mount & Blade: Warband. Pretty much turns it into a janky Touhou Project fangame, and I refuse to play the game without it.

Oh and I don't know if it qualifies as a hack/mod in the usual sense, but the RLBot software for Rocket League is pretty great, it adds actually good bots to the game that can somewhat emulate what it's like to play a typical online 3v3 match, minus the toxic teammates voting to forfeit after going down a single goal within the first minute... personally I've used it to create my own "championship league" with tournament brackets and teams and everything. It really helped keep the game alive for me after I realised what a mess multiplayer has become, at least in my experience.

Sonic 3 Complete for Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It's a rather simple Rom Hack, but I love it because it gives you so many options and things you can tailor to suit your own preferences. For example, you can play Flying Battery after Carnival Night, like it was originally intended. You can also change a lot of music tracks to whichever one you prefer - Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles had different themes for mini bosses, the credits and a lot of other things. There are a lot of other neat changes, like having Knuckles' intro cutscene from S&K being restored and playing in Angel Island instead of Mushroom Hill. It's the definitive way of playing Sonic 3 for me.

In terms of mods, I'd say the Calamity and Thorium mods for Terraria, simply because they add so much content to the game. A lot of mods for Left 4 Dead 2 are quite good as well. My favourite is probably the one where you can play survival mode at Peach's Castle from Mario 64!

5 hours ago, Cash In said:

Sonic 3 Complete for Sonic 3 & Knuckles. It's a rather simple Rom Hack, but I love it because it gives you so many options and things you can tailor to suit your own preferences. For example, you can play Flying Battery after Carnival Night, like it was originally intended. You can also change a lot of music tracks to whichever one you prefer - Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles had different themes for mini bosses, the credits and a lot of other things. There are a lot of other neat changes, like having Knuckles' intro cutscene from S&K being restored and playing in Angel Island instead of Mushroom Hill. It's the definitive way of playing Sonic 3 for me.

In terms of mods, I'd say the Calamity and Thorium mods for Terraria, simply because they add so much content to the game. A lot of mods for Left 4 Dead 2 are quite good as well. My favourite is probably the one where you can play survival mode at Peach's Castle from Mario 64!

Have you tried the sonic challenges hack?

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Playable Oboe mod for The Sims 4 by JaneSimsten.

=D

She made a dream come true for me. She is incredibly talented at modding, as I've never seen anyone tackle new instrument mods to the level that she does. It is a fully integrated instrument skill in the game.

Create mod for Minecraft is amazing. It adds parts for building more advanced, fully animated machines, that allow to automate plenty of things. It's not too complicated, and it even works with other mods.

• Brohoof 1

Project M/Project+ for Super Smash Bros Brawl, improves the gameplay but even goes as far as including brand new characters, and like, actual new characters and not just skin swaps like you see in Ultimate(famously Mewtwo and Roy were added, but Project+ goes as far as to include Knuckles, and many more are in the work(some I'm interested in trying out in the future are Krystal and FFVIII's Squall. Hoping someone can eventually add Zero and Gray Fox at some point)

Speaking of fighting game mods, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 has gotten insane, from bringing back past favorites like Gambit, Captain Commando and Cyclops, to back porting Infinite characters(already seen Ultron and Thanos), to even including brand new characters like X-Men's Bishop

Edited by Megas