Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Doing small fun AU project of rewriting mane 6, in need of some writing help/ideas?

SleepingCloud

It's an idea that I started having solid 4 years ago when the first mane 6 redesign 'leak' came out (the one with sevral rows of styles and redesigns)

Anyway, now I'm thinking about having a bit more fun with it becaue why not? But I'm not a writer (nor native english so any spelling mistakes will come from here ) and it's still in early stages so not that much planned- yay?
I have barely any art here, and it's all, well, from then so it's OLD now. But I want to write it all down before I forget and it's just way too hot rn for me to sit and work on the designs.
You can find them at the bottom, they're still ok but I can do better now, just saying. The last added sketch of P.P and Flutters comes from my other AU as comparmison of some kind. 

I will be obliterated by professional writers

OKAY SO
The land in this AU is more segregated. As in ponies live separately depending on the species. Earth Ponies lives in plains and other similar lands where they can grow crops, pegasi live either in cloud settlements or places covered by mountains so it's hard to move around there on hoof. For unicorns I'm not so sure yet-
Twilight is still the main character, though this time - just like in the leaked concepts - she's an Earth Pony with some unicorn ancestory. She's still studying magic, but not like in the show where she learns spells and such but rather she's studying the concept of magic, how it differs from pony to pony, types of magic depending on the species (Earth Ponies have their own earth magic like in new generation)
That's what makes her move to Canterlot, which now instead of being this big city on a mountain is settled on the ground and it's still a City Capital created by Queen Celestia* where every pony can come and live instead of living separately.

* She used to be a "princess" in the original series becase "queen" was usually used for villains. It's 2023, we already had Queen Novo and Queen Haven so I think it's time for her to get the Queen Title.

That's where Twilight meets others and it's the part where I'm a bit stuck on their... goals?
Twiligh's goal is to study the magic and learn more about it, maybe she'll even end up uncovering something never known before, something like this. Also she's more open and friendly than the original Twilight, but still quite (I don't know the correct word) absentminded or ignorant when it comes to socializing?

Rarity is the one I have the most for. She's a pure Unicorn who when younger came to Canterlot to study fashion design under a famous designer. She grew and learned and in this AU instead of having her own Boutique, at first she works for someone else. She came to Canterlot because her dream was to create all different kinds of outfits designed specially for the pony who'll be wearing it. And she couldn't really do that in her homeplace where it was only Unicorns. So, she moved and learned. But she was so fascinated and eager to learn that she never ended up noticing that it's not really fulfilling her dreams. Sure, she designer more kinds of outifts for different ponies but she failed to notice that this Boutique was still really focused on taking care of the rich and specific type of customers. There was no place for someone with limited budget, or ponies who might want outfit based on their old traditions (The thinkg I'm thinking about is outfits like Polish Traditional outfits). Once she meets others and befriends Twilight she notices it and decides to work towards her goal of opening her own boutique where she'll be able to serve any kind of pony, and make them outfits with their history, age and budget in mind.

And it's the one I somehow ended up thinking the most about.
As for the others
RD is a pure Pegasus and she takes pride in it. Her goal just like in the og series to become a wonderbolt and while doing it she'll also learn to respect other ponies. She's kind of stuck up at the beginning, coming to Canterlot just because she wanted to join the best flyers ever. One of the ideas in my mind would be that once she joins wonderbolts she ends up meeting other pony who wants to join in, she races them and it seems like they'd be the perfect fit for the group. But this pony is declined because they have eartpony/or unicorn ancestory in them which wonderbolt is not fond of. At this point it kind of baffles Rainbow which she doesn't understand. Being a Wonderbolt was her dream but after that she wasn't so sure and I'm thinking about her either ALSO creating her own group or working her way up to become a Wonderbolt captain. The old RD wouldn't bat an eye at the behaviour of her teammates but after befriendking mane 6 she ends up changing.

For Pinkie I don't think I have an exact goal, more on the deal to help her at least somewhat learn that not everypony likes load parties full of ther ponies they don't know>
Also she's a Pegasus/E.Pony mix, she has wings but their size and her build makes it somewhat hard for her to fly really high or for really long times. Instead she loves jumping up and gliding around with the help of her wings.

Fluttershy! Unicorn/Pegasus hybrid. She'd have a horn and feathers in some places of her body. I guess her dream would be like in the oriiginal one, of opening Animal sanctuary. She'd live on outskirts of the town with some of her animals and she would wery rarely go into town. Instead it would be Applejack who would help her with supplying her animals with food, that's how they met in the first place (Flutters needed food for some of her animals and AJ helped with it, after that AJ ended up helping Fluttershy from time to time) 
Also I completly forgout about it until I was digging for the old concept but my original plan was for Discord to already live with her. Though he would hide when anyone would visit, and based on that one note I found AJ would know about him but she'd be not fond of him.

And AJ - pure Earth Pony, would be the one I had no goal for.... nothing Other than her having a great farm.

As for (Queen) Celestia I have nothing going on for her right now. She used to be an unicorn turned alicorn
(Princes) Luna would be here and not as Nightmare Moon, she would be an alicorn who started off as a batpony. The thing is that she's quited and reserved because batponies went extinct (lol) and nowdays it's just all rumors and talks and mostly madeup stories of them.
Cadence I think would be the first one to be made into an alicorn in this au, and not Twilight. When you think about it, it's something Hasbro would do to make bunch of toy sales (one of the reasons they made Twilight into an Alicorn and why they made Cadence. It just sells)
Spike would join them later, not as a newborn, just someone who decided to leave his dragon homeland to join the mane 6.

twi.jpg

twi 2.jpg

example.png