Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I was wondering why does people prefer to make non reformed changeling OC's over reformed changelings?

Cookie_Ruby

Seriously i feel like that reformed changelings OC/Sona are so damn rare....
On derpibooru i only see non reformed changelings ocs and only maybe 5% of them have reformed changelings ocs....

Edited by Cookie_Ruby
  • Brohoof 1

I want more changelings like Pharynx, Starlight mentions at one time there were renegade changelings, meaning some changelings weren't completely pacified and dumbed to play time, i think the changeling swarm still needs a defense platoon, and some of them need to do more than craft pretty pictures. Reformed or no, it's in their nature to be a fighting species, they were ideologically defeated by a sentiment in S6, They were turned into a mockery in S7.

Changelings could/should play an important role in undercover preemptive counter measure, a lot of species in Equestria can accomplish things with their abilities..

Edited by FriendGuy
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Cookie_Ruby said:

I mean what the hell is wrong with reformed changelings?? Why does some people still dislike/Hate them...?

I have a massive dislike towards them because the Changelings, when they became reformed, became a lot less interesting and their color schemes were in very poor taste in my opinion. They took a good, threatening enemy and watered it down to pastel colors.

• Brohoof 1

With hindsight, I can say that the Changelings are something special; they are one of the few truly original fantasy races/creatures that Friendship is Magic came up with, and they were actually quite compelling. Not exceptionally intimidating or even original, but their unique designs and vicious behavior really sold their insect-hive-mind gimmick. I give Chrysalis a lot of grief for being a lame villain, but to her credit, she had quite a lot of screen presence in Canterlot Wedding. Seeing her stand in the throne room  with swarms of her minions right outside the windows is just cool, plain and simple.

So to discard this right after To Where and Back Again just felt a bit like a waste. I think the Changeling reformation would have been received better if it didn't happen so suddenly, and perhaps if they toned down the gauche colors.  It wasn't just their appearance that changed either; To Change a Changeling shows that many of them have just become Skittle-Barf Hippies who can't handle conflict at all. I didn't end up minding the changelings by the end really, but I will say that they should have been a sort of sub-species, or something similar. As is, the reformed Changelings barely resemble the originals at all, and the latter are simply more interesting.

Hey! I myself have a changeling for my pony sona. I know I myself am more drawn to non-reformed because I LOVE LOVE LOVE bad guys. However when I made my sona it has three designs. Reformed, non-reformed, and a pony. The hive mind and the rugged looks are fantastic! I love the more beetle like appearance of the reformed changelings but they also became very soft after becoming reformed. Going from one extreme to another isn’t really the best way to do that.