Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite character interactions or friendship dynamic

Silly Lily

Of the combinations for the Mane Six, what's your favorite? (Name is in order of main introduction in S01E01)

Twilight Sparkle - Applejack

Twilight Sparkle - Rainbow Dash

Twilight Sparkle - Rarity

Twilight Sparkle - Fluttershy

Twilight Sparkle - Pinkie Pie

Applejack - Rainbow Dash

Applejack - Rarity

Applejack - Fluttershy

Applejack - Pinkie Pie

Rainbow Dash - Rarity

Rainbow Dash - Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash - Pinkie Pie

Rarity - Fluttershy

Rarity - Pinkie Pie

Fluttershy - Pinkie Pie

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash & Applejack. They represent classic rivals in both athleticism and attitude, and in that way, they make very cool friends that compliment each other. I personally enjoy them as a shipping couple as well, and I've also thought of them as sisterly in some respects, with the more mature and responsible sibling (Applejack) that gets irritated with the younger siblings' (Rainbow Dash) attitude.

• Brohoof 1

It's hard to chose between AJ-RD and FS-R

AJ-RD have a good friendship in their rivalry, they push each other to the limits and really bring out the best in each other.

FS-R They are the generic girly best friend case. They always make sure to make time for each other.

*clicks on link thinking it was about all characters - even out of MLP*

*sees the thread is in MLP board*

*curses*

I would have to say the interaction between Twilight and Pinkie Pie is my favorite. A calculating introvert vs an extroverted spastic.

(edited)

Applejack talking to anyone when she gets to play the big sister role. A southern voice on a lady just melts my heart, but when she's going her best to comfort someone it's just adorable.

Edit: Sugarcube is the cutest term of endearment ever!

Edited by Shadow Chaser

I find a lot of interest in the relationship between Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle, especially after Read It and Weep. The natural-born athlete and studious "egghead" roles that seem to contradict each other, but instead defines Twilight and Rainbow's friendship.

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash also seem like best friends, and their relationship has been my favourite of the group's.

Rainbow Dash - Applejack, for the obvious reasons, them competing against each other and still being friends.

Rarity - Fluttershy, as Shank said, spa day. And also the parody "Friendship is Witchcraft" makes me like this pair more.

Pinkie - Rainbow Dash, working together to prank various ponies around Ponyville was brilliant.

(edited)

There are lots of references when they are all in a group, and to be honest I like it better when they are all together doing the same thing. It reminds me of the premier of season 1, and how they work together defeat their foes. The core idea of friendship is magic is the harmony between all the elements. Though if I were pressed to choose any two pony interaction it would have to be. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, and to a certain extent Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash can be a pretty awesome team, as we have seen in Griffon the Brush-Off. The fun, light-hearted, and quirky nature of Pinkie Pie becomes a powerful force when Rainbow Dash has an influence of directing it for purposes of pranks. Also the competitive spirit between Applejack and Rainbow Dash is something very dynamic, and has the potential for greater future interactions. Though these are only the ones that are the most interesting to me. There is much to be said about other character interactions that should be explored in more depth.

Edited by Waifles

I really like all the polar opposites in the group.

Rainbow Dash-Twilight the athletic showpony and the studious and modest one.

Fluttershy-Pinkie Pie The quiet sweet one, cheering you up with a soothing song or just sweet words, and the loud rambactious one who gets you out of your slump with a giant party.

and of course Applejack-Rarity The messy, down to earth, workhorse (no pun intended) and the clean, head in the clouds, socialite.

Really enforces the shows message, no matter how different they are they can still be best friends.

Rarity - Fluttershy mostly cuz i never pictured them being really close but they have like ladies spa day and stuff and there actaulyl super close friends. i like that a lot. tho the bound dash and fluttershy share is pretty epic to

Pinikie pie and rainbowdash and pinkie pie and rarity. I love the Gilda episode when Pinkie an RD were together. Also, I like the episode (putting your hoove down) because pinkie and rarity were good together too.

But I noticed. Does Applejack like, ever talk to fluttershy?