Jump to content
Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

For a friend


Rikkit

Recommended Posts

I've tasked myself with making my friends oc come to life. She wants a pegasus I'm having a but of trouble drawing her for her. Would it be better if I drew her pony in my style or should I work over a base? She wants the pinkiepie body type and I'm out of practice with drawing in g4 style. 

 

This character is going to be used in roleplays she does so she needs it bad (I don't want to charge her since i offered to help as I'm known for drawing ponies in the friend group)

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(edited)

Whatever you draw, I'm sure your friend will appreciate it! It came from you, no matter how it comes out or even if you hate it, your friend is going to appreciate the fact you thought about them and did a nice thing for them.

I don't know how much time you have, but try spending a few hours just experimenting, get back into the swing of things, look at tutorials and bases, and then take a crack at drawing it yourself!

EDIT:

Also feel free to share your progress on here! We can all give advice if you post it in the art section asking for criticism.

Edited by Wizard
  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Whatever you draw, I'm sure your friend will appreciate it! It came from you, no matter how it comes out or even if you hate it, your friend is going to appreciate the fact you thought about them and did a nice thing for them.

I don't know how much time you have, but try spending a few hours just experimenting, get back into the swing of things, look at tutorials and bases, and then take a crack at drawing it yourself!

EDIT:

Also feel free to share your progress on here! We can all give advice if you post it in the art section asking for criticism.

I feel a like twilight and rarity doing my research wanting it to be perfect for her even though I volunteered.

I give her a what do you think do you like this? She gives me her feedback and I look at it a different way to the point I get overly critical.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AstralSmoke said:

I feel a like twilight and rarity doing my research wanting it to be perfect for her even though I volunteered.

I give her a what do you think do you like this? She gives me her feedback and I look at it a different way to the point I get overly critical.

I can understand what that is like, trying to make something perfect is what we all dream of as artists, but it can also easily lead to an endless cycle of trying and re-trying over and over again, we must know when to stop and say something is finished.

Try getting the basics first; species, colours, hair style, and then once those are done, you can move on to poses, expressions, etc. If you haven't drawn in a while then jumping into the deep end can cause extra stress and fatigue.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, Wizard said:

I can understand what that is like, trying to make something perfect is what we all dream of as artists, but it can also easily lead to an endless cycle of trying and re-trying over and over again, we must know when to stop and say something is finished.

Try getting the basics first; species, colours, hair style, and then once those are done, you can move on to poses, expressions, etc. If you haven't drawn in a while then jumping into the deep end can cause extra stress and fatigue.

Thank you I will try my best and work on it 

  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AstralSmoke said:

 

Thank you I will try my best and work on it 

Anytime! If you need any constructive criticism then of course feel free to post your art and ping me so I can see it!

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Anytime! If you need any constructive criticism then of course feel free to post your art and ping me so I can see it!

Can and will do

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...