I feel like Chapter 6 the final chapter of Make Your Mark was the end of the big G4 callbacks and lore connections 

WickedGames

I feel like Spike showing up but giving a vague but he told a story non the less about what happen with Twilight and Opaline was the big G5 to G4 connection the G5 writers could get away with without having to go to much into the FiM storyline and the rest is just for us to guess 

I feel like any upcoming G4 reference will just be small Easter Eggs like we have seen in Tell Your Tale recently 

Before you say “What about Skyros?”  That ties into the small Easter Eggs part 

• Brohoof 2

well, about that I already said what I could say, my opinion won't change until they do something really significant, but I personally think it's a 50/50, maybe they just want to try to do something different and save the G4 storyline for future stories, but I admit that it's quite strange how any connection to the previous generation was suddenly forgotten, Zipp was so interested in the mystery about Twilight and as soon as the Opaline Arc ended she just ignored everything, they didn't even have the curiosity to try to find it her or know what happened to her, I don't know, I feel like it's like G5's team has decided that it's not worth making connections with G4 while they are being limited by the Discovery Family contract.

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

well, about that I already said what I could say, my opinion won't change until they do something really significant, but I personally think it's a 50/50, maybe they just want to try to do something different and save the G4 storyline for future stories, but I admit that it's quite strange how any connection to the previous generation was suddenly forgotten, Zipp was so interested in the mystery about Twilight and as soon as the Opaline Arc ended she just ignored everything, they didn't even have the curiosity to try to find it her or know what happened to her, I don't know, I feel like it's like G5's team has decided that it's not worth making connections with G4 while they are being limited by the Discovery Family contract.

Let’s see if that still applies next year :oh_golly:

• Brohoof 2

57 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Let’s see if that still applies next year :oh_golly:

I can assure you that after March 2025 Hasbro won't hesitate to bring back Nerd Grape Poneh :P

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

7 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

You are say “Alicorns are immortal” untill you are blue in your face 

That doesn’t automatically translate to a appearance by them

Tell Your Tale and Make Your Mark have different writers so they can go their own way

And we have seen this before

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, WickedGames said:

I feel like Spike showing up but giving a vague but he told a story non the less about what happen with Twilight and Opaline was the big G5 to G4 connection the G5 writers could get away with without having to go to much into the FiM storyline and the rest is just for us to guess 

I feel like any upcoming G4 reference will just be small Easter Eggs like we have seen in Tell Your Tale recently 

Before you say “What about Skyros?”  That ties into the small Easter Eggs part 

The re-introduction of Seaponies suggest otherwise. However, I think the regular TYT episodes will concentrate on slice-of-life stories. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Otaku-sempai said:

The re-introduction of Seaponies suggest otherwise. However, I think the regular TYT episodes will concentrate on slice-of-life stories. 

Seaponies has G1 orgins though 

And judging by leaked Season 2 spolier concept art it looks like Skyros could just be a regular 5 minute episode or 2 regular 5 minute episodes 

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

Seaponies has G1 orgins though 

And judging by leaked Season 2 spolier concept art it looks like Skyros could just be a regular 5 minute episode or 2 regular 5 minute episodes 

Yes, but Tyrek and Grogar. also had G1 origins. Does that really matter? Skyros could fill a multi-episode arc even if it isn't the focus of a special. 

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Otaku-sempai said:

Yes, but Tyrek and Grogar. also had G1 origins. Does that really matter? Skyros could fill a multi-episode arc even if it isn't the focus of a special. 

I just don’t know why you guys what to see them back so much 

It’s depressing 

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, WickedGames said:

You are say “Alicorns are immortal” untill you are blue in your face 

That doesn’t automatically translate to a appearance by them

Tell Your Tale and Make Your Mark have different writers so they can go their own way

And we have seen this before

Umm oh, hmm Wha? :wau: I don't remember saying that Alicorns are immortal, nor I believe that, I at best believe that Celestia and Luna might still be alive because it was shown that they're around the same age as Opaline, and the latter was still good and healthy.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

Umm oh, hmm Wha? :wau: I don't remember saying that Alicorns are immortal, nor I believe that, I at best believe that Celestia and Luna might still be alive because it was shown that they're around the same age as Opaline, and the latter was still good and healthy.

And this is why they should have not connected generations!

• Brohoof 1

57 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

I just don’t know why you guys what to see them back so much 

It’s depressing 

I'm not sure what you mean by "them"? It's just fun to see Seaponies showing up in TYT and in the comics. I don't have much confidence in the TYT staff presenting Alicorns particularly well. 

• Brohoof 1