S02:EP13 - P + P = BFFs

DivineMist1000

One of the better episodes this season IMO, I enjoy these slice of life episodes. Anyway, I always enjoy some Posey content and this one is no exception. I suppose she doesn't have many real friends, maybe only Windy. Pipp and Posey usually get along well enough, although posey can sometimes be unpleasant towards Pipp. Overall, good episode featuring my top 2 favorite G5 ponies. I am pretty sure things will be back to the status quo, and while I hope that Posey remains overall the same I will like to see her more friendly with Pipp from now on.

Also, the part at 4:20, is that stick bugged reference (or whatever its called)? :laugh:

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

As soon as I knew we were going to get this episode from the Italian dub leak, I knew it was going to be a good one! You don't have to be a Posey sympathizer for it to be a treat, it was so cool of Pipp to actually be a friend to Posey and spend time with her! Only flaw was no acknowledgement of Windy, who's normally supposed to be Posey's bestie. 

Episodes Since Comet's Last Appearance: 14

Oh yeah, and of course, still no Comet. Gee, I'm sure he would love for some pony to be his bestie for a day now that he can't even get back to his home. :Posey-grimace:

• Brohoof 5

Oh, they cooked with this episode. I’m a sucker for side characters getting the spotlight. Posey especially was overdue for an episode like this. Seeing her trying to enjoy stuff by herself, but ultimately missing out without a friend genuinely made me feel sad for her. So glad she gets some more positive interactions with the mane 6 instead of the usual Posey abuse. Her and Pipp are perfect together. Very cute episode, top tier slice of life stuff from TYT.

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

1688011602589297.png.895617a26d9ad95396f01be743553b79.png

I like Slice of Life TyT, it's best TyT in my opinion. I'm glad to see some secondary characters returning after a long time, really liked Posey here, specially when you consider what she did in early MyM, though I think they could've done a similar plot with Sprout, maybe he could've been her best friend, but he doesn't show up in 2D format for some reason, missed opportunity, but I still like it.

in general still is a proof that TyT should've never left its original concept to me.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg

On 2024-05-31 at 12:25 PM, WickedGames said:

Hoping that the next TYT episode is a Father’s Day one with Misty and Alphabittle

I have no doubts about that, considering that all these episodes were made in 2023 with very likely pre-established release schedules, which could be the reason for the delays, or at least one of the reasons.

• Brohoof 1

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg

THIS! THIS is what I am talking about! Finally a departure from the main cast, with one of my favorite G5 ponies to boot! I loved this episode so much, I think it's my favorite one! Pipp was so kind to spend time with Posey.

• Brohoof 2

post-8308-0-71681500-1384286678.png.0d2177f6769c784855a970d3d2658987.png

MLP Fan since ~ Summer of 2011

(edited)

it's so weird to have Posey's woes be taken seriously after she's mostly just been Megward the Wizard so far.  i like it!  and i would hug Posey!

EDIT: also the robot bit at the beginning gets me every time, sometimes this show does actually have good jokes it turns out

Edited by Zennec Fox
  • Brohoof 2

EB: well you see, the explanation is perfectly simple and scientific.
EB: it was because shut up.
EB: shut up is why.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm catching up on TYT eps and slice of life eps are exactly what I love from the franchise.

Posey is one of my favorite G5 ponies so to me, this was already one of better episodes for me of both seasons. However, as a few previously noted- where's Windy? I vaguely remember that they were seen together before. Unless they had a fight? My only rationale is that maybe they had an argument which is why Posey was trying hard with the friendship bracelet in the first place? That makes more sense than to seemingly retcon their friendship (if they are).

I would've written them to have an argument and make up at the end of the episode, but the Pipp addition was a nice twist. It was a fun little surprise!

I do want to note that during the duo's song, there was a lot of hearts around them. I didn't find it a coincidence that many of the couples were also shown in this episode. Perhaps I am reading a bit much on things?

• Brohoof 1