S02:EP15 - Emotional Rollercoaster

Misty Shadow

(edited)

Since Divine's not posted the new episode discussion thread yet, it looks like I'm filling in for him and making my first TYT episode discussion thread! :PIPPIPHURRAY:

We have another Misty episode! :coolandhip: I know some people don't want there to be too many Misty episodes, feeling it disrupts balance with character focus, but I love how the Misty episodes are always quality with how they develop her character and this one is no exception. I also love how we got to see an evil Misty in this one and I enjoyed the way Misty stood up to her. 

Episodes Since Comet's Last Appearance: 16

I'm willing to bet though that Comet has an evil, shadowy apparition around him too that preys on his vulnerability by telling him that he's being ignored because no one cares about him. :maud:

Edited by Misty Shadow
Forgot colon in title.
  • Brohoof 2

CuteCometSig.png.f16d5c8ed97aa389f3c6656ff5a9a1cd.png

• The title was changed to S02:EP15 - Emotional Rollercoaster

I really liked the concept of Misty's fear getting a spiritual manifestation, yeah it was probably from her mind and no one else but herself saw it, that is a strong cartoon cliche, but I still liked it, specially that it's probably meant to represent her past self too, you can ever hear throughout the episode Misty's old leitmotif theme, used when she was still “evil” in Season 1 and in Make Your Mark, awesome work from Pinkerton (just wish he could use the themes made by Sean James Boyer for the other characters in MyM)

I don't like the problem getting solved so fast and so easily though, and the characters talking about their cutie marks every time to solve their problems is feeling very repetitive, can't they do something different?

Also, at this point I just decided that I'll only comment about this show's new episodes when there's something I genuinely liked about them (like I did with this one), a lot of them just fail to entertain or excite me, but I'm starting to believe that I'm the problem and I shouldn't be watching this because this show is just not for me, I understand what is their purpose, and this purpose must be pleasing those who want to see it, which is good, glad you guys are having fun with it, but I want to see something else, specially something more like Make Your Mark, I want something more than just cute moments and the characters solving their problems in 3 minutes, but it's fine.

But there's certainly still something interesting here despite my complete lack of excitement, so I'll just avoid commenting when there's nothing good or interesting to me in a specific episode, my opinions haven't changed, but I think I've written enough long posts complaining about this show, and I don't think I can add anything more to them, so it's better to spare people from reading more of them again, I'm mostly seen as a hater by some when I criticize this show after all, so it's not really worth it. It's problematic that there are very few things I actually like in this show though, so I can't even make a long post praising it to keep things balanced :sunny:

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg

Nice episode. Not a ton to talk about but it was nice. As someone who used to be terrified of roller coasters it was pretty relatable lol. Best way to get over it really is to just dew it and go on as many as you can. Misty episodes definitely seem to consistently be some of the best, probably because she’s one of the best developed G5 characters. I saw some people theorizing that Misty’s ghost might’ve been related to Opaline somehow. Like how Opaline impersonated Sunny in the mirror in Ali-Conned. I doubt that’s the case here but it’s a neat theory.

7 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I don't like the problem getting solved so fast and so easily though, and the characters talking about their cutie marks every time to solve their problems is feeling very repetitive, can't they do something different?

Yeah I’ve hated those dang cutie mark/element taglines since they started this season, not a fan.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

1688011602589297.png.895617a26d9ad95396f01be743553b79.png

I don't know what's up with Misty's "other self."

But it made me think of what therapists call a shadow self. The way I heard it, every time we think or feel something we also think and feel the opposite and these things go into our shadow self. It's not necessarily evil but whatever we are, our shadow self isn't.

If that's what we're seeing here, it would explain why Misty's shadow self is assertive and mean while Mistry is kind and timid. And why their roles seem to reverse when she gets on the coaster.

If true then this is deep for any MLP episode.

23 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I don't like the problem getting solved so fast

Well they only had 5 minutes. 

• Brohoof 2

I found this one very interesting - Misty's other self, where did it come from? I do like Misty episodes for sure, but the whole "I may seem a little quiet"and cutie marks is getting quite repetitive. The roller coaster scene was quite cute though, and Misty's other self being destroyed - was her other self just an imagination of hers? Or was it something else? The amusement park being featured in these episodes is a nice touch so they are getting one thing right, getting away from Maretime bay.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

post-8308-0-71681500-1384286678.png.0d2177f6769c784855a970d3d2658987.png

MLP Fan since ~ Summer of 2011

On 2024-06-28 at 7:55 PM, Casey Pones said:

Well they only had 5 minutes. 

Which is one of the several strong problems I have with this show and it'll continue to be a problem for me.

On 2024-06-29 at 12:19 AM, PerlsteinProps said:

was her other self just an imagination of hers? Or was it something else? 

Well, no one took notice of Evil Misty there other than Real Misty, so it was either just her imagination or an actual real manifestation that only she can see for some reason.

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg