G5 Equestria Girls - What If

In the small chance that we were to get G5 Equestria Girls one day, I would love for them to revisit the G4 cast as adults or maybe even college students.

If we were able to see them as adults, what do you think they would be currently doing? I think it would be a pretty fun idea to think about. I don't know why but I imagine things like Fluttershy becoming a director of an animal sanctuary, Pinkie Pie owning her own party shop, Sci-Twi as a scientist, Sunset Shimmer driving a motorcycle,  or even Rarijack becoming an official thing as random examples.

• Brohoof 3

If they existed it would be nice to have them be their own separate thing completely different from G4. I don't really know why people seem insistent on having G5 stuff interact with G4 stuff, when the idea of them being separate and the G5 cast forging their own path seems more appealing at least to me anyway. I can see Sunny being an inventor of sorts maybe, with Zipp as a racer? Perhaps Queen Haven is the Principal of the School, and Opaline is a corrupt Superintendent. 

• Brohoof 3

If it happens I really don't think it's necessary to make them encounter the G4 cast but older, just making human Sunny & Her Friends would be enough to me, it's their story and not Twilight & Her G4 Friends' story, and honestly? I know many people are going to throw rocks at me for this, but I personally really don't think Equestria Girls needs to return, don't get me wrong, I really liked the stories that this spin-off offered to us, I love the movies, specially the first one for its unique concept, it's really good to see official human versions of the characters. But I have to admit that I have a problem with this series, more specifically two:

1. With a few changes, everything post-Movie 1 could've been very well just stories in the Regular Pony world.
  2. The Human world is limited with much less possibilities and fantastic elements, there isn't much it can be done there to tell stories that are as interesting or epic as the Pony world.

I know that being more "realistic" is the concept of Equestria Girls, I understand, but I also really like to see the fantastic, crazy, mystical elements, world and situations seen in the pony world, and seeing just a portion of it in EQG makes it feel a bit lackluster conceptually to me, specially in G5, The Current Equestria already has some strong similarities with the human world, the buldings, the cellphones, the social media etc, going to the human world now wouldn't be very different unless now it's far more advanced than how it was back in G4.

also, it's important to consider the possibility of it happening, would a G5 EQG really work? Is Hasbro really interested in doing it? G5 is not very well received, it was already very divisive back in its "good years" with the Movie and Make Your Mark, would a G5 EQG really be praised by most fans and audience? Is it a worthwhile investment for Hasbro? Is it worth to tell new stories in a separate series rather than just focus on the same series they are currently producing?

Considering how things have been looking so far, Hasbro is probably avoiding taking risks, with cut of costs all over in the animated productions, a animated G5 EQG could be a epic win or a epic fail. G4 EQG was released in a different world in a different time, the 2013 scenario was good for Hasbro, they could make 4 movies about it, is that possible in 2024 with all the problems the company is currently facing?

For all of these, I think a G5 EQG is just not going to happen, but let's imagine if it was possible, well, I personally would make the human world more fantastic and less realistic, but I like EQG the way it was in G4, so I'm open to anything as long as it's fun and interesting just like G4 EQG, I don't demand anything, just the basics, but I really don't think it's going to happen, maybe we're only going to see EQG return in G6 or whatever that comes after G5.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, PerlsteinProps said:

I don't really know why people seem insistent on having G5 stuff interact with G4 stuff

Everyone has their own reasons, but my bet for most of them is nostalgia, they just really want to see new content with G4 characters and elements, we're living the fanservice era after all.

I have my personal reasons and they are completely unrelated to fanservice and nostalgia, I really don't care about fanservice, sure, I would like to see G4 return, but the reason I insist on G5 connecting with G4 is solely because for me the story was only good and interesting when they were doing the connections, they stopped doing them after the Opaline arc ended, and I already felt a huge fall in the quality of the storytelling in Secrets of Starlight, but I still think that special was relatively fun. TyT for me is just being boring as hell for me to watch and also completely ignores the connections. Though, it is possible to tell a interesting story without connecting it to the past generation, but they just haven't shown themselves capable of doing it yet in my opinion, so I want the G4 connections to return because I'm almost sure the story is going to be exciting again if they do it.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, PerlsteinProps said:

If they existed it would be nice to have them be their own separate thing completely different from G4. I don't really know why people seem insistent on having G5 stuff interact with G4 stuff, when the idea of them being separate and the G5 cast forging their own path seems more appealing at least to me anyway. I can see Sunny being an inventor of sorts maybe, with Zipp as a racer? Perhaps Queen Haven is the Principal of the School, and Opaline is a corrupt Superintendent. 

7 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

If it happens I really don't think it's necessary to make them encounter the G4 cast but older, just making human Sunny & Her Friends would be enough to me, it's their story and not Twilight & Her G4 Friends' story, and honestly? I know many people are going to throw rocks at me for this, but I personally really don't think Equestria Girls needs to return, don't get me wrong, I really liked the stories that this spin-off offered to us, I love the movies, specially the first one for its unique concept, it's really good to see official human versions of the characters. But I have to admit that I have a problem with this series, more specifically two:

1. With a few changes, everything post-Movie 1 could've been very well just stories in the Regular Pony world.
  2. The Human world is limited with much less possibilities and fantastic elements, there isn't much it can be done there to tell stories that are as interesting or epic as the Pony world.

I know that being more "realistic" is the concept of Equestria Girls, I understand, but I also really like to see the fantastic, crazy, mystical elements, world and situations seen in the pony world, and seeing just a portion of it in EQG makes it feel a bit lackluster conceptually to me, specially in G5, The Current Equestria already has some strong similarities with the human world, the buldings, the cellphones, the social media etc, going to the human world now wouldn't be very different unless now it's far more advanced than how it was back in G4.

also, it's important to consider the possibility of it happening, would a G5 EQG really work? Is Hasbro really interested in doing it? G5 is not very well received, it was already very divisive back in its "good years" with the Movie and Make Your Mark, would a G5 EQG really be praised by most fans and audience? Is it a worthwhile investment for Hasbro? Is it worth to tell new stories in a separate series rather than just focus on the same series they are currently producing?

Considering how things have been looking so far, Hasbro is probably avoiding taking risks, with cut of costs all over in the animated productions, a animated G5 EQG could be a epic win or a epic fail. G4 EQG was released in a different world in a different time, the 2013 scenario was good for Hasbro, they could make 4 movies about it, is that possible in 2024 with all the problems the company is currently facing?

For all of these, I think a G5 EQG is just not going to happen, but let's imagine if it was possible, well, I personally would make the human world more fantastic and less realistic, but I like EQG the way it was in G4, so I'm open to anything as long as it's fun and interesting just like G4 EQG, I don't demand anything, just the basics, but I really don't think it's going to happen, maybe we're only going to see EQG return in G6 or whatever that comes after G5.

To the both of you: That's the point of the post- a "what if" scenario. G5 takes place afterward G4, so that's why it makes sense if they would show up in a hypothetical EG spinoff(hence "What If" in the title). They don't need to be the focus as the G5 cast are the main characters. It can still be it's own thing and through a hypothetical G5 EG spinoff, they could still have the G4 cast in the background living their lives while G5 is the main focus. It's why it's called a universe and it would just be nice to see familiar faces. A lot of animated shows have done this in the past.

@PerlsteinProps Oooh I can totally see Zipp as a racer. As for the inventor part, I can see Izzy being more of one, but Sunny works too! Queen Haven and Opaline would fit perfectly in those roles.

@Rafa Stary I appreciate your input and we could go into a lot more details as we have before on previous posts on the actual state of G5, but you went way off tangent on the original topic.

• Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rafa Stary said:

Everyone has their own reasons, but my bet for most of them is nostalgia, they just really want to see new content with G4 characters and elements, we're living the fanservice era after all.

I am inclined to disagree as my worry is they will do it very poorly as they already have in my opinion. G4 was already touched and had enough poor writing decisions, and I don't want to see any more of that at all - no more connections. I very much like the idea of a standalone G5 Equestria girls with no connection to G4 for that reason.

Nostalgia to me, means that something is fine as it is and should not be touched because altering it would taint it for me.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Starlight Serenade said:

To the both of you: That's the point of the post- a "what if" scenario. G5 takes place afterward G4, so that's why it makes sense if they would show up in a hypothetical EG spinoff(hence "What If" in the title). They don't need to be the focus as the G5 cast are the main characters. It can still be it's own thing and through a hypothetical G5 EG spinoff, they could still have the G4 cast in the background living their lives while G5 is the main focus. It's why it's called a universe and it would just be nice to see familiar faces. A lot of animated shows have done this in the past.

@PerlsteinProps Oooh I can totally see Zipp as a racer. As for the inventor part, I can see Izzy being more of one, but Sunny works too! Queen Haven and Opaline would fit perfectly in those roles.

@Rafa Stary I appreciate your input and we could go into a lot more details as we have before on previous posts on the actual state of G5, but you went way off tangent on the original topic.

Ops, my bad, it's just that I'm so pessimistic about the current state of this generation that everytime I talk about it, my brain just goes auto mode and tries to talk about how Hasbro is dealing with it and their problems. I think a G5 EQG is so unlikely that I literally can't imagine a parallel world where it was made, and I'm just not used to talk about "what-ifs" at all actually, so sorry for that, I'll just reply to Props here and I promise I won't touch this subject again :umad:

1 hour ago, PerlsteinProps said:

I am inclined to disagree as my worry is they will do it very poorly as they already have in my opinion. G4 was already touched and had enough poor writing decisions, and I don't want to see any more of that at all - no more connections. I very much like the idea of a standalone G5 Equestria girls with no connection to G4 for that reason.

Nostalgia to me, means that something is fine as it is and should not be touched because altering it would taint it for me.

(What the fuck, I was meant to edit my post and not make a new one not sure what happened went full derp now :muffins:). I think a G5 Equestria Girls should be disconnected to G4 too, but my fear is exactly if they are ever going to deliver a good and exciting story with it, I really don't care about the connections with G4, I just want a fun story, I'm struggling way too hard to enjoy TyT Season 2, that's why I kinda want the connections back because that way I really think I can feel excited about the show again, it's fine if there are people like you who don't like the connections, but if you think that G5 with the connections just delivers bad stories, then I think that without them it just delivers worse stories, I just don't think these writers are showing to be competent enough to make the characters and world of G5 any interesting without a help from G4, specially because of how artificial and half-assed the jump to the Original/New territory was, if the connections were bad, then I think they should've at least gave a proper ending to it, and not sweep everything under the rug, you may dislike the connections but we need to admit, pretending that it didn't happen is much worse (as said by other user before)

Also, I can be wrong, but there's something new that I believe I can add to my argument. Since the end of MyM, G5 has just been losing popularity. Prior to the release of Chapter 6 of MyM, I was still feeling a strong presence from the fandom in relation to G5, despite how divisive the show was, people were curious about it, not only here, everywhere, I saw people constantly talking about it, specially the haters. But now, after that show ended, I just don't see that anymore, I see very few people interested about it, I remember how the G5 topics used to be more active here, now I just see the same users talking about it (Myself, WickedGames, Misty Shadow...), there were people (some of them Youtubers) who actually praised G5 and constantly talked about it during the run of MyM, but now they just stopped doing it, damn, even the haters are being hard for me to see now. So I'm just feeling that almost everyone gave up on G5, and that could explain why I'm the only one who keeps complaining about Tell your Tale here, because the only few people left to talk about G5 are those who like TyT, aside from its intended audience, no one is watching TyT.

But again, I could be wrong, but I really have that feeling, anyway, you can reply to this discussion if you want but I'll end it here because it's too off-topic already and that must be a letdown for Serenade.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, PerlsteinProps said:

If they existed it would be nice to have them be their own separate thing completely different from G4. I don't really know why people seem insistent on having G5 stuff interact with G4 stuff,

I was excited about G5 being mixed with G4 until I saw MYM Twilight's eyebrows and their version of Spike! :worry::BornAgainBrony:

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1

10 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

Ops, my bad, it's just that I'm so pessimistic about the current state of this generation that everytime I talk about it, my brain just goes auto mode and tries to talk about how Hasbro is dealing with it and their problems. I think a G5 EQG is so unlikely that I literally can't imagine a parallel world where it was made, and I'm just not used to talk about "what-ifs" at all actually, so sorry for that, I'll just reply to Props here and I promise I won't touch this subject again :umad:

No I understand and I respect your opinions(and others opinions) as I share some of the same feelings on things. As you are probably aware, I look at the business side of things thanks to my business background. I talked about the state of business from Hasbro's financial perspective in some previous posts somewhere here in more detail, but right now I  just want to have a positive and fun conversation about G5.

There are a lot of great things that G5 is doing and I think we should focus on that. I'm not directing this at you or calling a certain person out, but I noticed on these forums and  the page of the last posts for G5 here - that G5 get disrespected a lot simply because certain users here don't like it and can't stand to see someone like something they dislike. Criticism is perfectly valid, but when people start insulting things or wish bad things upon others for enjoying something is sad to see. I see the some of the same things whenever G5 is mentioned and it's rather disappointing. These people have nothing better to do. Okay they are telling me that they absolutely loathe G5 for the 100th time and a bunch of baseless rumors they heard on EQD/Youtube that they think are true, but the actual stats presented show otherwise. There is much speculation on why some productions ended or changed, but nothing concrete so we can't take other's opinions as fact either. They are entitled to their opinion on things and can make posts on they don't like things here, but some of us simply want to talk about the thing we love.

Basically- I would like to see more visibility and positivity for the good things that G5 is doing because it's being greatly overlooked and unappreciated. The previous generations were the same way. I know some that absolutely don't like G4 and G5 either and I respect that. I'm perfectly fine with criticism and don't mind that as some opinions of it is perfectly valid, but I saw some other people here being rude and disrespectful of any positivity for G5. It's almost like people can't let other people enjoy something that they don't like. It's silly. We all have different tastes, but I ask everyone to be respectful. Some people enjoy G5 in general more than the others. I know several people who love G5 much more than G4 and that's a valid opinion too, but I'm not here for which is better or negativity spreading- I just want to talk about ponies.

• Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

(edited)
33 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I was excited about G5 being mixed with G4 until I saw MYM Twilight's eyebrows and their version of Spike! :worry::BornAgainBrony:

Same XD I really did not like Spike's design in G5, it was really weird.

Back on topic - I wonder how Spike would be years later in EG? I recall he was a dog, would he be much older and bigger - reminiscent of his design in the Last Problem?

Edited by Starlight Serenade
  • Brohoof 1

I would love a gen 5 version of Equestria Girls that could hopefully explain what happened to Gen 4's Equestria Girls somehow. 

I know it would be near impossible to do for a lot of universe and story-related reasons but I feel sad that we never saw a graduation for Gen 4

and I honestly miss the Equestria Girls concept in general. 😢

56 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Back on topic -

Whoops! I thought Gen 4 mixing with Gen 5 was the topic. 😬

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I would love a gen 5 version of Equestria Girls that could hopefully explain what happened to Gen 4's Equestria Girls somehow. 

I know it would be near impossible to do for a lot of universe and story-related reasons but I feel sad that we never saw a graduation for Gen 4

and I honestly miss the Equestria Girls concept in general. 😢

Whoops! I thought Gen 4 mixing with Gen 5 was the topic. 😬

That’s what I kind of hope for as G4’s EG never got an official ending or so. I enjoyed the EG concept, it was a great idea! No, it partially was but in regards to EG lol

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

No I understand and I respect your opinions(and others opinions) as I share some of the same feelings on things. As you are probably aware, I look at the business side of things thanks to my business background. I talked about the state of business from Hasbro's financial perspective in some previous posts somewhere here in more detail, but right now I  just want to have a positive and fun conversation about G5.

There are a lot of great things that G5 is doing and I think we should focus on that. I'm not directing this at you or calling a certain person out, but I noticed on these forums and  the page of the last posts for G5 here - that G5 get disrespected a lot simply because certain users here don't like it and can't stand to see someone like something they dislike. Criticism is perfectly valid, but when people start insulting things or wish bad things upon others for enjoying something is sad to see. I see the some of the same things whenever G5 is mentioned and it's rather disappointing. These people have nothing better to do. Okay they are telling me that they absolutely loathe G5 for the 100th time and a bunch of baseless rumors they heard on EQD/Youtube that they think are true, but the actual stats presented show otherwise. There is much speculation on why some productions ended or changed, but nothing concrete so we can't take other's opinions as fact either. They are entitled to their opinion on things and can make posts on they don't like things here, but some of us simply want to talk about the thing we love.

Basically- I would like to see more visibility and positivity for the good things that G5 is doing because it's being greatly overlooked and unappreciated. The previous generations were the same way. I know some that absolutely don't like G4 and G5 either and I respect that. I'm perfectly fine with criticism and don't mind that as some opinions of it is perfectly valid, but I saw some other people here being rude and disrespectful of any positivity for G5. It's almost like people can't let other people enjoy something that they don't like. It's silly. We all have different tastes, but I ask everyone to be respectful. Some people enjoy G5 in general more than the others. I know several people who love G5 much more than G4 and that's a valid opinion too, but I'm not here for which is better or negativity spreading- I just want to talk about ponies.

I wrote a long post that serves as a "epilogue" for my current thoughts on G5, but you and Sparklefan are already discussing very well about the topic's subject and I don't want to disturb, so I'm going to hide it inside the spoiler box, you don't need to read it if you don't want, I just wanted to get this off my chest, it's a repeat of a few things but with new elements that I never discussed before and a new point of view, your post makes sense and it made me realize some things I hadn't thought about before, and I think it's going to be the best for me and the forum, thank you.

Spoiler

Thank you, I really appreciate the open approach you give. It's good to see that there are people who really like it and try to stay positive about this generation, I respect that and I think it's better than not having anyone praising it.

I try my best to be positive about it too, I want say to good things about the current state of this generation too, I really want, I try my best to enjoy Tell your Tale, I tried multiple times, but unfortunately, I just can't, I'm a very light hearted person, I try to avoid problems and drama, I want to be fun, I want to bring joy and peace, but I also like to be realistic, when I have something good to say about G5, I say it, I said multiple times how much I liked the movie and Make Your Mark, despite it flwws, I really liked the characters, the villain, its different format of telling stories, the 3D visuals, the score, its courage to take risks, etc, I praised all of this and I always try to say something good about these two 3D productions every time I have the chance, for me this generation was doing a good work until November 2023.

But i also need to say it when I'm not enjoying it, and Tell your Tale is just not pleasing me, I'm really not liking it, I swear, I try to like it, but I just can't, I try to say good things about it when I can, like about the few Episodes from Season 1 that I enjoyed watching, and a few Season 2 episodes presented concepts that I really liked, but in overall, I just don't like it, but I truly feel that this case is much worse than just a "I don't like this, I'll see something else" no, nor me Hasbro, is doing a disservice to fans like me, and I say "fans like me" because there are fans with the exactly same thoughts as me, they liked the Movie and Make Your Mark, but not Tell Your Tale. I'm a honest fan, I don't use alternative ways to watch Make Your Mark and the Movie, I watch it on Netflix, I watched the production through the legal way, and I shared my thoughts on it, I liked it, it was worth it. Now Tell your Tale is available for free on Youtube, and I don't like that show, I'm honest about it and to show it, I said before "if it wasn't for free on Youtube, I wouldn't be watching it". Make Your Mark had a story, a goal, and that story continues into Tell your Tale, a show that for me is not good, I don't like the short format, the storytelling, the visuals. They force us to continue into Tell your Tale if we want to continue the story, and for me that is just straight disrespecting us, I supported G5 on Netflix, and I wanted to see the story continue, but not in this minor cheap production, I understand the situaton that Hasbro is dealing with, but for me that just doesn't justify the need to disrespect the fans who were used to the completely different 3D production. Again, as said before, I really wouldn't mind if the story ended in Make Your Mark, and Tell Your Tale Season 2 was just a post-end extra content, for me that would be good, it would mean that the thing is complete and I wouldn't need to watch Season 2 of Tell your Tale, unfortunately for me, it's not the case, and at the time, I saw some people who liked MyM saying that they would give up on it because they were disappointed that there would be no more MyM, so they probably just didn't gave a chance for TyT Season 2, but different from them, I gave a chance

In fact, if you look back at my posts talking about the first episodes, I was actually surprisingly very positive about it, how? Simple, I was just doing just exactly what you said, focusing in saying good things about it, I was giving my best to stay positive, at the time, I was still with hope, hope that the show was going to be awesome and impress me. What happened was basically just exactly what happened when I watched the first Season of Sonic Prime in December 2022, I was a huge Sonic fan at the time and I really wanted to like the show, I gave my best to enjoy it, to be positive about it, I finished Season 1 and I thought it just wasn't very good, but I was still hopeful that the show was going to improve and impress me. Season 2 came out 1 year ago and I was really thinking that it was going to be better, but each episode just made me frustrated because I just wasn't enjoying it all, and I was forcing me to go through it, I felt a relief when I finished Season 2 because I was never going to watch that thing again it wasn't a good experience, I lost my hope.

Same thing is happening with Tell your Tale, I was praising it in the first episodes because I very hopeful and positive about it, I was truly convinced that I would like it and that I would be impressed, I wasn't like those who said "Only Tell your Tale now? Bad", no, I gave it a chance, in reality, I don't think the first episodes were good, but I was trusting the show, I really believed that I would like it, so this vision I had for a good future for the show made me say only good things about it, I'm very patience, so I could wait.

But the more time passes, and I don't see the show meeting my expectations, the more I start to lose my patience with it, so I started criticizing it , but at this time I was still with some hope, I was still waiting for the show to impress me, I was still positive, for that reason you can see that my critic to episode 9 was somehow "happy", I wrote it in a "comical way", used emojis etc, said the kinds of stories I would like to see because I still thought the show could deliver something good, so I tried to understand its "weird decisions", I still said a few good things about it.

But then, things get worse, the episode schedule switches to biweekly, that already affected my patience a lot, then, the episodes that came after...I really lost my patience, to the point that all I could say about the show was just how it was heavily disappointing me and destroying all my hope for this generation, very serious, no more emojis, jokes, comical tone, I was just disappointed.

And the rest you already know, I made that gigantic post saying that I think G5 is a lost cause, I don't want to fool myself anymore and pretend that I'm liking this show, I'm not, I'm really not liking it, so I kept complaining and complaining about it, why I do that? Because thinking about the show makes me frustrated, so I like to get everything off my chest, and say everything I think about it, it makes my spirit feel lighter somehow, MLP is not like Sonic to me, I stopped being a Sonic fan because their latest releases were shit to me, but that Franchise is being very successful and most people are liking it, so there's absolutely no reason for me to worry about Sonic, that's why I jumped off that boat, never talked about it again. MLP is the opposite, I'm worried about MLP because the franchise is not being a success, a lot of people are not liking it or watching it, that's why I insist it's in a bad situation, there are reasons for me to care about it, that's why I not only criticize it, but I also say what Hasbro could do to save it, that's why I said multipe times that they should take a break, they are rushing the production for the show non-stop.

But after that extensive discussion, I was considered a hater, and some people who weren't talking about G5 posted there sharing their thoughts too, and most of them agreed with me, but, where were these people? When a episode is released, I don't see them sharing their thoughts, so there are more people who are disappointed with G5 but are not sharing their feelings about it? Why? I'm truly the only who keeps complaining about the show here so far, you can see it for yourself, you can't find other users complaining about it outside of very specific topics like mine, yes, there are a few who users who oftenly complain about something in a episode, but that's it, say "I don't like this" and flies away, that actually doesn't even mean that they aren't enjoying the show, they could be liking it but complaning about specific things, unlike me, I complain about a lot of things and I make intense posts talking about them. So I'm now the only one here who criticizes G5 apparently? 

A user said something like this before "the Forum's staff think that the excess of posts criticizing G5 disturbs the happy and peaceful environment of MLPF

I see, I really really really don't like to be considered a hater, as you said, there are people who are rude and disrespectful towards G5 and its fans, which is true, and for me, these are the haters, they don't care about G5, they just want to hate it, they don't want the best for it. I'm the complete opposite, I respect those who like G5 and criticize TyT because I'm watching it and not enjoying the show, I gave the show a chance, I watch every episode and I always try to see good points in them, I always say when there's something I liked in a episode, but the show in overall is just disappointing me, I'm being honest, I'm not harming anyone, at least that's what I thought?

I write a lot, my posts are long, and I talk mostly about bad things in the show, no one else here does that, so my posts really stand out among others, which is good? Maybe not, but the lack of complex critics and posts like mine surely mean something, maybe indeed the users want to see something else and are tired of seeing people complaining about G5 as I saw a few saying?

Only one user had the courage to say to me that making that kind of post could be bad for the site, if he that thought, how many other users don't share the same thought but prefer to not talk about it? This is a possibility that I really thought about, after all, just because I have the right to make these posts, it doesn't mean that people here like them, maybe they really want something different.

You're the second one to say to me that we should focus on appreciating G5, and that only convinces me even more that the people here really had enough of negativism.

Well, that's good, I'm glad you guys are enjoying Tell Your Tale, if you have good things to say about it, spread the word, that's good, unfortunately, I can't do that, I'm sorry, I can't say anything good about something I'm not enjoying, I could say good things about the 3D productions, but honestly? Even when I think about them It makes me disappointed, I know I should celebrate that I enjoyed the Movie and Make Your Mark, but thinking about how I liked them just makes me think about how much I'm disliking Tell Your Tale, so is that really necessary to share here?

When that was said by the other user, I really didn't like it, but now, maybe he's right, I've already criticized TyT way too much, it must be really boring to go through my posts where I say 300 times that TyT is boring, that repetitive behavior could very well put the annoyance target at my forehead.

If all of this is true and you guys are sick of seeing criticism towards G5 everytime, then I'm sorry, the freedom I have here maybe have gone to my head, I didn't thought that people could feel annoyed about it, my criticism and disappointment can be valid, but making them dominate over compliments can be very problematic too, I need to be honest but I can't be hypocritical, specially because I can actually relate to that feeling, I'm extremely hyped and positive for Dragon Ball Daima, but there were a lot of people criticizing it saying it was bad, and I find that very annoying, I know this wasn't the best comparison because that is a series that is still going to come out, but it shows that this happens.

I highly apologize for it, I love this place, I didn't want to harm it, I didn't stop to think that my topic was breaking the peace, enough is enough, for that reason, I already decided since the latest episode that I won't be making these posts again, I'll only talk about a TyT episode when there's something I liked about it, as you said, let's focus on appreciating it, even if I'm not enjoying it. I gave my best to like TyT, and I failed, but I can still give my best to help making this place awesome!

Thank you for making me do this, I know it wasn't your intention but it still helped, my friend.

Stary.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Rafa Stary said:

Thank you, I really appreciate the open approach you give. It's good to see that there are people who really like it and try to stay positive about this generation, I respect that and I think it's better than not having anyone praising it.

I try my best to be positive about it too, I want say to good things about the current state of this generation too, I really want, I try my best to enjoy Tell your Tale, I tried multiple times, but unfortunately, I just can't, I'm a very light hearted person, I try to avoid problems and drama, I want to be fun, I want to bring joy and peace, but I also like to be realistic, when I have something good to say about G5, I say it, I said multiple times how much I liked the movie and Make Your Mark, despite it flwws, I really liked the characters, the villain, its different format of telling stories, the 3D visuals, the score, its courage to take risks, etc, I praised all of this and I always try to say something good about these two 3D productions every time I have the chance, for me this generation was doing a good work until November 2023.

But i also need to say it when I'm not enjoying it, and Tell your Tale is just not pleasing me, I'm really not liking it, I swear, I try to like it, but I just can't, I try to say good things about it when I can, like about the few Episodes from Season 1 that I enjoyed watching, and a few Season 2 episodes presented concepts that I really liked, but in overall, I just don't like it, but I truly feel that this case is much worse than just a "I don't like this, I'll see something else" no, nor me Hasbro, is doing a disservice to fans like me, and I say "fans like me" because there are fans with the exactly same thoughts as me, they liked the Movie and Make Your Mark, but not Tell Your Tale. I'm a honest fan, I don't use alternative ways to watch Make Your Mark and the Movie, I watch it on Netflix, I watched the production through the legal way, and I shared my thoughts on it, I liked it, it was worth it. Now Tell your Tale is available for free on Youtube, and I don't like that show, I'm honest about it and to show it, I said before "if it wasn't for free on Youtube, I wouldn't be watching it". Make Your Mark had a story, a goal, and that story continues into Tell your Tale, a show that for me is not good, I don't like the short format, the storytelling, the visuals. They force us to continue into Tell your Tale if we want to continue the story, and for me that is just straight disrespecting us, I supported G5 on Netflix, and I wanted to see the story continue, but not in this minor cheap production, I understand the situaton that Hasbro is dealing with, but for me that just doesn't justify the need to disrespect the fans who were used to the completely different 3D production. Again, as said before, I really wouldn't mind if the story ended in Make Your Mark, and Tell Your Tale Season 2 was just a post-end extra content, for me that would be good, it would mean that the thing is complete and I wouldn't need to watch Season 2 of Tell your Tale, unfortunately for me, it's not the case, and at the time, I saw some people who liked MyM saying that they would give up on it because they were disappointed that there would be no more MyM, so they probably just didn't gave a chance for TyT Season 2, but different from them, I gave a chance

In fact, if you look back at my posts talking about the first episodes, I was actually surprisingly very positive about it, how? Simple, I was just doing just exactly what you said, focusing in saying good things about it, I was giving my best to stay positive, at the time, I was still with hope, hope that the show was going to be awesome and impress me. What happened was basically just exactly what happened when I watched the first Season of Sonic Prime in December 2022, I was a huge Sonic fan at the time and I really wanted to like the show, I gave my best to enjoy it, to be positive about it, I finished Season 1 and I thought it just wasn't very good, but I was still hopeful that the show was going to improve and impress me. Season 2 came out 1 year ago and I was really thinking that it was going to be better, but each episode just made me frustrated because I just wasn't enjoying it all, and I was forcing me to go through it, I felt a relief when I finished Season 2 because I was never going to watch that thing again it wasn't a good experience, I lost my hope.

Same thing is happening with Tell your Tale, I was praising it in the first episodes because I very hopeful and positive about it, I was truly convinced that I would like it and that I would be impressed, I wasn't like those who said "Only Tell your Tale now? Bad", no, I gave it a chance, in reality, I don't think the first episodes were good, but I was trusting the show, I really believed that I would like it, so this vision I had for a good future for the show made me say only good things about it, I'm very patience, so I could wait.

But the more time passes, and I don't see the show meeting my expectations, the more I start to lose my patience with it, so I started criticizing it , but at this time I was still with some hope, I was still waiting for the show to impress me, I was still positive, for that reason you can see that my critic to episode 9 was somehow "happy", I wrote it in a "comical way", used emojis etc, said the kinds of stories I would like to see because I still thought the show could deliver something good, so I tried to understand its "weird decisions", I still said a few good things about it.

But then, things get worse, the episode schedule switches to biweekly, that already affected my patience a lot, then, the episodes that came after...I really lost my patience, to the point that all I could say about the show was just how it was heavily disappointing me and destroying all my hope for this generation, very serious, no more emojis, jokes, comical tone, I was just disappointed.

And the rest you already know, I made that gigantic post saying that I think G5 is a lost cause, I don't want to fool myself anymore and pretend that I'm liking this show, I'm not, I'm really not liking it, so I kept complaining and complaining about it, why I do that? Because thinking about the show makes me frustrated, so I like to get everything off my chest, and say everything I think about it, it makes my spirit feel lighter somehow, MLP is not like Sonic to me, I stopped being a Sonic fan because their latest releases were shit to me, but that Franchise is being very successful and most people are liking it, so there's absolutely no reason for me to worry about Sonic, that's why I jumped off that boat, never talked about it again. MLP is the opposite, I'm worried about MLP because the franchise is not being a success, a lot of people are not liking it or watching it, that's why I insist it's in a bad situation, there are reasons for me to care about it, that's why I not only criticize it, but I also say what Hasbro could do to save it, that's why I said multipe times that they should take a break, they are rushing the production for the show non-stop.

But after that extensive discussion, I was considered a hater, and some people who weren't talking about G5 posted there sharing their thoughts too, and most of them agreed with me, but, where were these people? When a episode is released, I don't see them sharing their thoughts, so there are more people who are disappointed with G5 but are not sharing their feelings about it? Why? I'm truly the only who keeps complaining about the show here so far, you can see it for yourself, you can't find other users complaining about it outside of very specific topics like mine, yes, there are a few who users who oftenly complain about something in a episode, but that's it, say "I don't like this" and flies away, that actually doesn't even mean that they aren't enjoying the show, they could be liking it but complaning about specific things, unlike me, I complain about a lot of things and I make intense posts talking about them. So I'm now the only one here who criticizes G5 apparently? 

A user said something like this before "the Forum's staff think that the excess of posts criticizing G5 disturbs the happy and peaceful environment of MLPF

I see, I really really really don't like to be considered a hater, as you said, there are people who are rude and disrespectful towards G5 and its fans, which is true, and for me, these are the haters, they don't care about G5, they just want to hate it, they don't want the best for it. I'm the complete opposite, I respect those who like G5 and criticize TyT because I'm watching it and not enjoying the show, I gave the show a chance, I watch every episode and I always try to see good points in them, I always say when there's something I liked in a episode, but the show in overall is just disappointing me, I'm being honest, I'm not harming anyone, at least that's what I thought?

I write a lot, my posts are long, and I talk mostly about bad things in the show, no one else here does that, so my posts really stand out among others, which is good? Maybe not, but the lack of complex critics and posts like mine surely mean something, maybe indeed the users want to see something else and are tired of seeing people complaining about G5 as I saw a few saying?

Only one user had the courage to say to me that making that kind of post could be bad for the site, if he that thought, how many other users don't share the same thought but prefer to not talk about it? This is a possibility that I really thought about, after all, just because I have the right to make these posts, it doesn't mean that people here like them, maybe they really want something different.

You're the second one to say to me that we should focus on appreciating G5, and that only convinces me even more that the people here really had enough of negativism.

Well, that's good, I'm glad you guys are enjoying Tell Your Tale, if you have good things to say about it, spread the word, that's good, unfortunately, I can't do that, I'm sorry, I can't say anything good about something I'm not enjoying, I could say good things about the 3D productions, but honestly? Even when I think about them It makes me disappointed, I know I should celebrate that I enjoyed the Movie and Make Your Mark, but thinking about how I liked them just makes me think about how much I'm disliking Tell Your Tale, so is that really necessary to share here?

When that was said by the other user, I really didn't like it, but now, maybe he's right, I've already criticized TyT way too much, it must be really boring to go through my posts where I say 300 times that TyT is boring, that repetitive behavior could very well put the annoyance target at my forehead.

If all of this is true and you guys are sick of seeing criticism towards G5 everytime, then I'm sorry, the freedom I have here maybe have gone to my head, I didn't thought that people could feel annoyed about it, my criticism and disappointment can be valid, but making them dominate over compliments can be very problematic too, I need to be honest but I can't be hypocritical, specially because I can actually relate to that feeling, I'm extremely hyped and positive for Dragon Ball Daima, but there were a lot of people criticizing it saying it was bad, and I find that very annoying, I know this wasn't the best comparison because that is a series that is still going to come out, but it shows that this happens.

I highly apologize for it, I love this place, I didn't want to harm it, I didn't stop to think that my topic was breaking the peace, enough is enough, for that reason, I already decided since the latest episode that I won't be making these posts again, I'll only talk about a TyT episode when there's something I liked about it, as you said, let's focus on appreciating it, even if I'm not enjoying it. I gave my best to like TyT, and I failed, but I can still give my best to help making this place awesome!

Thank you for making me do this, I know it wasn't your intention but it still helped, my friend.

Stary.

Stary, I appreciate you and thank you for getting these feelings off your chest. I understand that it is not easy and this takes courage to do. Your honesty is genuinely one of my favorite things that I enjoy about you.

I can see that you’re someone who deeply cares about the things you’re passionate about, and it’s clear that MLP holds a special place in your heart. Your dedication to giving each new episode a fair chance speaks volumes about your love for the franchise. It’s perfectly natural to have mixed feelings about different aspects of something you love. It’s a sign of your engagement and investment in the world of MLP.  It’s okay to acknowledge when something doesn’t resonate with you, just as much as it’s okay to celebrate the parts that do. I'm glad you mentioned Daima as I love Dragon Ball. Yes, I recall seeing comments on the trailer where people trashed it without even watching the first episode that has yet to air.

Your honesty in sharing your thoughts, both positive and negative, contributes to a richer conversation among fans. It’s important to have voices like yours that are willing to praise what works and critique what doesn’t. This kind of dialogue can lead to better understanding in the long run. In my opinion, being critical doesn’t make you a hater; it makes you a fan who cares deeply. Your willingness to express both your joys and your disappointments shows your commitment to the series and its community. It’s okay to step back if something isn’t bringing you joy, but your constructive feedback may help shape a brighter future for MLP and helps create dialogue to bridge the gap between people with conflicting opinions.

Yes, I noticed that there was the same group of people sharing their dislike either for either valid reasons or just to spread negativity. I mentioned in the past on other posts, but I noticed there wasn't much push for G5 in general on the forums, even initially. Sure, we recently have been getting some more events here, but not much else here in the long run like staff telling us when new episodes or air dates for upcoming things for example. I had to find out somewhere else online or by a user who is kind enough to post it here. I was glad for that as I had a busy schedule with school the past few months - so keeping track of shows and other things in general was hard for me. Unless I am missing something, I wished this site did a bit more in regards to engagement because even other forums and platforms do that for their own series.

I see the same group of people commenting on every new TYT episode and other series for G5, but no new engagement from other users. I noticed the same thing recurring for other MLP show. There is some dialogue good and bad, but by the same 30 or so users which is only a tiny fraction of the users on the entire site. One could argue that makes sense considering the type of platform it is or people are just interested in talking about other things.

I recall seeing a year ago on my old account, an old post regarding one of the episodes for G4 where someone really went into great and fascinating details about a certain episode and I was about to respond, but then I saw that nobody responded to them and I saw that they haven't logged in years since. Meanwhile I saw other posts around the same time for the same episode that had lots of engagement that was just bashing it. It was disappointing to see as there are some people who do enjoy some things, but when they see a ton of negativity, they immediately don't feel safe to share their thoughts and end up leaving, which is the opposite of what these shows stand for.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts so openly. It’s clear you want the best for the series, and your insights are valuable to the community. I'm glad that we are able to talk about it respectfully and that I was able to help you in a way.

I do enjoy hearing your thoughts, if you ever want to talk more about anything, my door is always open for you, my friend.

• Thanks 1