Are Queen Haven, Pipp, and Zipp legitimate or not?

StarHeart333

I have a good question I would like to discuss regarding the very end of G4 and the beginning G5.

That question is simply are Queen Haven and obviously by extension her daughters Pipp and Zipp legitimate rulers or not.

Let me explain, the logic of my question.

During the end of G4 we see Twilight as ruling Equestria as a filly grown alicon with her friends who have aged quite a bit.

This shows us that much like Luna, Celestia and Cadence are all immortal or at least ageless that is they can rule quite literally until the end of time unless they decide otherwise.

So, assuming that something did happen to Twilight where she was let's say incapacitated in some manner where she was no active amount the world then any of the three could step in if need be: Celestia, Luna and finally Cadence.

If the 4 of them are gone then Flurryheart as the youngest 5th princess would become ruler.

I assume that by this point any direct mortal relatives E.G., Blueblood, Shinning Armor etc are out of the picture. 

So then we would go by blood relative if none are found then you do position order.

Judging by what we have seen of G5 so far it seems Spike is all that remains of G4's era so he SHOULD be the ruler then if he is all that remains.

I say should because a very key thing is that Spike was sent away by Twilight.

In other words did Spike leave under an honorable note (keeps titles earned) or was it a dishonorable banish (all titles of Equestria forfeit)?

You might wonder why Twilight would banish Spike instead of sending him away and the answer is possibly that she wanted him to live with his fellow dragon away from the fall of Equestria.

Yet it could also be possible Spike was sent away so that he could return once the issue Twilight was facing was done so that he could return to rule  and lead Equestria.

If he was sent away he has claim to throne and land but if he was banished he doesn't.

Unless Queen Haven herself is directly related to Celestia, Luna, Twilight, or Flurryheart of course.

Or if her kingdom exists outside of the boundaries of Equestria in which case she would be a sovereign nation.

So, what are your thoughts is the Queen of G5 legitimate or no?

• Brohoof 1

Not only that, but in one of the Tell your Tale episodes, we see other members of Zipp/Pipp's family, and they are apparently all ancestors, so that episode suggests that maybe there were other queens before Queen Haven in the same family? Are these ancestors related to Twilight? Flurry heart? 

As for Spike, I agree, if he's what's left from G4 then he should be the leader, as for the question itself, well, I really have no idea, only if one of those ancestors was a direct descendent of...I don't know, Flurry Heart, and that info was just lost to time like a lot of things from G4 were also lost in this generation.

I even thought about the possibility that Haven is actually not meant to be the ruler of Equestria at all, just really the ruler of Zephyr Heights and nothing more, but the show also implies that it could be beyond that?...not sure, when I rewatch it I'll try to pay attention to that to see If I can learn something new about it.