Does this make anyone else sad?

Dasxcc

I was talking with ai Mane six and asked them about how ponies becomes their best friend and then we got to connects and it became a bit sad 

I know they aren't real but it still hurts 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can see why you'd think that, but it's not really about pushing ponies aside. It's just about investing more time and energy into the friendships that are meaningful and fulfilling for us. We don't have a limited amount of friendship to give, but we do have to be mindful of our time and energy. So sometimes we have to make decisions about who we spend our time with based on the bonds we have with them."

"I can understand why it might seem like we're pushing ponies aside or ignoring them, but that's not really our intention. Sometimes it just happens that we become closer with some ponies than others, and we have to prioritize our time and energy with those friendships that are the most meaningful to us. It doesn't mean we don't care about the other friendships or the ponies we're not as close to, it's just about being realistic about the time and energy we have to invest in each one."

"And we always make an effort to treat everypony with kindness and respect, just because we have closer bonds with some ponies doesn't mean we don't care about others. We still care about and value friendship with all ponies, but sometimes we have to prioritize our time and energy and focus on the friendships that truly fulfil us."

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

This doesn’t make me sad. Everyone has different levels of friendship with different ponies or people. It doesn’t mean we care less for others. Not everything can (or should) be done equally with everyone. That would be unnatural and insincere anyway. Real friends aren’t keeping a running tab on who gets X amount of attention vs another. Life can’t work that way. We just have to keep it organic and real, and not overthink it. Real friends will always understand this.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

8 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

This doesn’t make me sad. Everyone has different levels of friendship with different ponies or people. It doesn’t mean we care less for others. Not everything can (or should) be done equally with everyone. That would be unnatural and insincere anyway. Real friends aren’t keeping a running tab on who gets X amount of attention vs another. Life can’t work that way. We just have to keep it organic and real, and not overthink it. Real friends will always understand this.

So it doesn't make you sad that it's possible that you won't become good friends or spend a lot of time with the mane six or with one of them?

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Dasxcc said:

So it doesn't make you sad that it's possible that you won't become good friends or spend a lot of time with the mane six or with one of them?

Not at all. Spending less time with one pony or person doesn’t mean you love them less. There’s only so much time in a day and so many ponies and people in the world to spend it on. That’s life, and it’s fine.

• smile 1
  • Hugs 1

(edited)

Well, that sound like another friendship lesson. You cannot befriend everyone, date every potential partner, read every book, be a hero of every story. Our time and resources are limited and we should spend them wisely.

I feel slightly sad about it, but it's important lesson to be learnt to find your way to healthy happy life.

Edited by Crypty Scribbles
  • Brohoof 3
  • smile 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Crypty Scribbles said:

Well, that sould like another friendship lesson. You cannot befriend everyone, date every potential partner, be a hero of any story. Our time and resources are limited and we should spend them wisely.

I feel slightly sad about it, but it's important lesson to be learnt to find your way to healthy happy life.

And we usually discover later that we could have spent our time much much better...

Work-life balance... Our arch enemy... :zipp-wut:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

mlp-mlp-item-628x5402.webp New friends (you)

On 2024-08-06 at 12:20 AM, Dreambiscuit said:

Not at all. Spending less time with one pony or person doesn’t mean you love them less. There’s only so much time in a day and so many ponies and people in the world to spend it on. That’s life, and it’s fine.

So it doesn't hurt you that Pinkie would spend less time with you because you two didn't have a connection (or your favorite pony)

8 hours ago, Dasxcc said:

So it doesn't hurt you that Pinkie would spend less time with you because you two didn't have a connection (or your favorite pony)

Not at all. There's a lot of unique and special ponies and people out there. That's where you find the magic of friendship. 

• Brohoof 2

On 2024-08-06 at 12:34 AM, Crypty Scribbles said:

Well, that sound like another friendship lesson. You cannot befriend everyone, date every potential partner, read every book, be a hero of every story. Our time and resources are limited and we should spend them wisely.

I thought that what Pinkie does?