theponytheoristMM

For a long time now,  I have pondered if there was more to g4’s Fluttershy than meets the eye. This little pony holds so much intrigue and potential that I think was just never really touched upon. For instance, I like to think that she was the daughter of g1's Queen Rosedust- which would explain their similar appearance. I know Fluttershy was based off of Posey, but let’s just entertain the idea for a moment, shall we? Like the g1 Flutterponies, Fluttershy herself is shy and reclusive at the beginning. Her name also could be a reference to this.

If Fluttershy was in fact the daughter of Queen Rosedust, then this would obviously make her a Princess. (And isn’t Fluttershy a lot like a Disney Princess already? Looking at you, Snow White!) Now, I’d imagine that Rosedust would see that her daughter was born a Pegasus- but also having a mixture of Flutterpony genes as well- would reluctantly have given her up to a foster family- ideally in Cloudsdale. The Shy Family. 

Like the Flutterponies she could’ve had mixed genetic with, Fluttershy is not the strongest flier, but can somehow bend the most destructive enemies to her will and lessen their threat- as the Flutterponies promptly dispatched  the Smooze as it destroyed all of the valley, so Fluttershy also put the lord of Chaos, Discord, in his rightful place. 

What do you guys think about Fluttershy being a Flutterpony hybrid?

• Brohoof 2