More overlander lore!

Lnx1ynight16

28 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Oooh I like these! Overlanders sound fun :D Are you working on any stories to expand on them?

At the moment, I'm not making stories, but I am trying to expand on them more. You may ask me any questions about the overlanders if you like?

Btw heres a doodle of various overlanders I drew:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/202620-random-overlander-doodles/#comment-6224925

• smile 1

2 hours ago, Lnx1ynight16 said:

At the moment, I'm not making stories, but I am trying to expand on them more. You may ask me any questions about the overlanders if you like?

Btw heres a doodle of various overlanders I drew:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/202620-random-overlander-doodles/#comment-6224925

Your doodles are cute :D

Here are some questions:

1. Are there any specific reasons why land overlanders have more than one tail while water overlanders only have one?
2. What kinds of skin features are more likely to be found on land overlanders?
3. Why do water overlanders tend to have droopy ears, and how does that affect their interactions with their environment?
4. How does the clothing of land overlanders differ, and what types of clothes do they typically wear?
5. Is there any significance to the fangs that some land overlanders have?
6. Are there any cultural or social reasons why water overlanders don’t wear clothes, whereas land overlanders sometimes do?
7. How are land overlanders trained to swim, and what challenges do they face in the water?
8. Are there any historical or environmental factors that contribute to the differences in skin tone between land and water overlanders?
9. Do the land and water overlanders interact with each other, and if so, how do their differences impact these interactions?
10. What is the significance of the islands where the land overlanders live, and how does their environment influence their characteristics?

• smile 1

(edited)
19 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Your doodles are cute :D

Here are some questions:

1. Are there any specific reasons why land overlanders have more than one tail while water overlanders only have one?
2. What kinds of skin features are more likely to be found on land overlanders?
3. Why do water overlanders tend to have droopy ears, and how does that affect their interactions with their environment?
4. How does the clothing of land overlanders differ, and what types of clothes do they typically wear?
5. Is there any significance to the fangs that some land overlanders have?
6. Are there any cultural or social reasons why water overlanders don’t wear clothes, whereas land overlanders sometimes do?
7. How are land overlanders trained to swim, and what challenges do they face in the water?
8. Are there any historical or environmental factors that contribute to the differences in skin tone between land and water overlanders?
9. Do the land and water overlanders interact with each other, and if so, how do their differences impact these interactions?
10. What is the significance of the islands where the land overlanders live, and how does their environment influence their characteristics?

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Genetics and Ethnicity. Depending on what ethnic group an land overlander is, that can affect how many tails they're born with. Also if one or both parents have more than 1 tails, than there's an high chance that their child will have more than one tail. Generally speaking, most land overlanders only have 1 tail. As for why water overlanders only have 1 tail, again that's due to their genetics and ethnicity. However, there are very very rare cases that an water overlander may have more than 1 tail, most likely due to a condition that they have.

2. That depends on what island that land overlander is from. Their facial markings and skin features vary from island to island and even different ethnicities have different skin features.

3. Water overlanders have droopy ears so that it can block too much water from entering. It doesn't really have an effect on their interactions with their environment.

4. Well, different ethnicities in the Overland cause the land overlanders to have different clothes. As for clothing types, they vary by ethnic group. One ethnic group may have plant like clothing, while another ethnic group may have colourful pattern on their clothes. Also their are multiple ethnic groups where the female overlanders wear a head scarf.

5. There is. Some land overlanders are born with fangs, and they mostly come from the central region of the Overland islands. They use their fangs in battle against enemies and to eat hard foods.

6. Water overlanders don't wear clothes because since they live in the ocean, their clothes would get wet and there is no point in wearing them. Land overlanders sometimes wear clothes because although the Overland is a tropical country, there is a rainy season and they don't want to get wet, so they wear clothes. Also even when it isn't raining, they may wear clothes for holidays and special events.

7. Land overlanders are trained to swim by a water overlander. Because the skin of a land overlander isn't hydrophobic, they may have a difficult time swimming in the water.

8. With the Overland being a tropicial country, it is very sunny. Since the land overlanders work outside alot, they tend to be tanner. Water overlanders on the other hand are paler, because since they live in the ocean, there isn't as much sunlight there.

9. Most of the time the land overlanders would go to the beach and the water overlanders would swim up to the surface, and they start talking. Because of the difference in where they live, it isn't always possible for them to interact. 80% of the time the land overlanders and water overlanders get along just fine. However since only 25% of all overlanders are water type and the remaining 75% of all overlanders are land type, that would lead to bullying. Sometimes some of the land overlanders would viciously bully the water overlanders and calling them inferior because they don't live on the islands.

10. This may surprise you: but there are over 10,000 islands in the Overland, but only 6000 of them are inhabited. All of the islands have a tropical climate, but most of the islands have a different resource that may be only from that island. And yes, even though Summer Island (located on the western region) is a small island, almost half of all overlanders live on that island alone. Their environment influences the land overlanders by them finding and growing natural resources, as well as working outside in the tropical sun.

There is one thing I want to mention too is that only royal overlanders are born with wings! Example: Princess Ika, the ruler of the Overlander was born with wings. Another thing I want to mention is that depending on the overlander's ethnicity, they might have horns or attennae on their head.

Edited by Lnx1ynight16
  • Excited 1

2 hours ago, Lnx1ynight16 said:

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Genetics and Ethnicity. Depending on what ethnic group an land overlander is, that can affect how many tails they're born with. Also if one or both parents have more than 1 tails, than there's an high chance that their child will have more than one tail. Generally speaking, most land overlanders only have 1 tail. As for why water overlanders only have 1 tail, again that's due to their genetics and ethnicity. However, there are very very rare cases that an water overlander may have more than 1 tail, most likely due to a condition that they have.

2. That depends on what island that land overlander is from. Their facial markings and skin features vary from island to island and even different ethnicities have different skin features.

3. Water overlanders have droopy ears so that it can block too much water from entering. It doesn't really have an effect on their interactions with their environment.

4. Well, different ethnicities in the Overland cause the land overlanders to have different clothes. As for clothing types, they vary by ethnic group. One ethnic group may have plant like clothing, while another ethnic group may have colourful pattern on their clothes. Also their are multiple ethnic groups where the female overlanders wear a head scarf.

5. There is. Some land overlanders are born with fangs, and they mostly come from the central region of the Overland islands. They use their fangs in battle against enemies and to eat hard foods.

6. Water overlanders don't wear clothes because since they live in the ocean, their clothes would get wet and there is no point in wearing them. Land overlanders sometimes wear clothes because although the Overland is a tropical country, there is a rainy season and they don't want to get wet, so they wear clothes. Also even when it isn't raining, they may wear clothes for holidays and special events.

7. Land overlanders are trained to swim by a water overlander. Because the skin of a land overlander isn't hydrophobic, they may have a difficult time swimming in the water.

8. With the Overland being a tropicial country, it is very sunny. Since the land overlanders work outside alot, they tend to be tanner. Water overlanders on the other hand are paler, because since they live in the ocean, there isn't as much sunlight there.

9. Most of the time the land overlanders would go to the beach and the water overlanders would swim up to the surface, and they start talking. Because of the difference in where they live, it isn't always possible for them to interact. 80% of the time the land overlanders and water overlanders get along just fine. However since only 25% of all overlanders are water type and the remaining 75% of all overlanders are land type, that would lead to bullying. Sometimes some of the land overlanders would viciously bully the water overlanders and calling them inferior because they don't live on the islands.

10. This may surprise you: but there are over 10,000 islands in the Overland, but only 6000 of them are inhabited. All of the islands have a tropical climate, but most of the islands have a different resource that may be only from that island. And yes, even though Summer Island (located on the western region) is a small island, almost half of all overlanders live on that island alone. Their environment influences the land overlanders by them finding and growing natural resources, as well as working outside in the tropical sun.

There is one thing I want to mention too is that only royal overlanders are born with wings! Example: Princess Ika, the ruler of the Overlander was born with wings. Another thing I want to mention is that depending on the overlander's ethnicity, they might have horns or attennae on their head.

Thank you for going further in depth with the Overlanders' world! The way genetics and ethnicity shape the characteristics of land and water Overlanders is really intriguing, especially how the number of tails and skin features vary based on their heritage. The detail about the droopy ears of water Overlanders being an adaptation to their aquatic environment is a cool touch - very practical yet unique.

I also love how the clothing and fangs of land overlanders are influenced by their different ethnic groups and regions, making each group distinct. It’s interesting to see how their environment and lifestyle have molded their behaviors and physical traits, like the way land overlanders wear clothes for both practical reasons and cultural events, while water overlanders don’t due to their aquatic life.

The dynamics between land and water overlanders are also compelling, especially with the social interactions and occasional bullying due to their population disparity. It adds a layer of complexity to their relationships. The fact that royal overlanders are born with wings and that some may have horns or antennae based on their ethnicity adds even more layers to their society, making it rich with diversity and lore.

Overall, the world of the Overlanders is shaping up to be a fascinating and vibrant place! I can’t wait to see how these details play out in your stories or any future creations.

• smile 1

(edited)
10 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Thank you for going further in depth with the Overlanders' world! The way genetics and ethnicity shape the characteristics of land and water Overlanders is really intriguing, especially how the number of tails and skin features vary based on their heritage. The detail about the droopy ears of water Overlanders being an adaptation to their aquatic environment is a cool touch - very practical yet unique.

I also love how the clothing and fangs of land overlanders are influenced by their different ethnic groups and regions, making each group distinct. It’s interesting to see how their environment and lifestyle have molded their behaviors and physical traits, like the way land overlanders wear clothes for both practical reasons and cultural events, while water overlanders don’t due to their aquatic life.

The dynamics between land and water overlanders are also compelling, especially with the social interactions and occasional bullying due to their population disparity. It adds a layer of complexity to their relationships. The fact that royal overlanders are born with wings and that some may have horns or antennae based on their ethnicity adds even more layers to their society, making it rich with diversity and lore.

Overall, the world of the Overlanders is shaping up to be a fascinating and vibrant place! I can’t wait to see how these details play out in your stories or any future creations.

You’re welcome. I’m trying to make the overlanders more interesting with lore and there’s one more thing I’d like to mention is that overlanders are named after astronomical terms. Also since there are hundreds of ethnic groups in the Overland, of course there will be differences appearance wise and clothing wise.

Edited by Lnx1ynight16
  • Excited 1

12 minutes ago, Lnx1ynight16 said:

You’re welcome. I’m trying to make the overlanders more interesting with lore and there’s one more thing I’d like to mention is that overlanders are named after astronomical terms. Also since there are hundreds of ethnic groups in the Overland, of course there will be differences appearance wise and clothing wise.

That's such a cool detail to add. Naming the Overlanders after astronomical terms gives them an otherworldly and mysterious vibe, which fits perfectly with the diverse and rich lore you're building. The vast number of ethnic groups and the resulting variety in appearance and clothing really emphasize how unique each Overlander can be. It makes the world feel alive and full of history. I can see how these details would make the Overlanders even more interesting and relatable. Your attention to these aspects is really paying off!

• smile 1