Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Epic rap battles of Mlp forums

Finesthour

As previously mentioned, this isn't a part of the contest. Just something I whipped up in preparation, basically. Hopefully I can do better than this during the actual battles.

(And it's a good thing swearing is allowed, because I hadn't even thought that might be a rule until after I realized how foul mouthed Gilda was. :lol: )

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see interest hasn't died down.

I'm new here, came today. I haven't rapped for a while now and love to show of, and I also love ponies. So... IT IS ON! I don't really get the organisation tho; suppose we could just start without the guys who are in charge of this? (Forgive my blasphemy, lol).

(edited)

Anyone want to do it against Scootaloo? We can just do it.

I'm new here, came today. I haven't rapped for a while now and love to show of, and I also love ponies. So... IT IS ON! I don't really get the organisation tho; suppose we could just start without the guys who are in charge of this? (Forgive my blasphemy, lol).

Heh... I got balled out for trying to hurry things along last time, so I wouldn't suggest trying to start this without Crona. Besides, we can't exactly start rapping without knowing who our opponents will be. Our raps verses will be specific to the person we are randomly put up against by Crona.

Maybe you could try messaging him. Quite frankly, I'm afraid to. :P

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Heh... I got balled out for trying to hurry things along last time, so I wouldn't suggest trying to start this without Crona. Besides, we can't exactly start rapping without knowing who our opponents will be. Our raps verses will be specific to the person we are randomly put up against by Crona.

CROOHHOHOOONA?! WHERE ARE YOU? COME HERE A SECOND! (Why are you afraid? O_o) (edit: oh... this Crona. I see. But-he's a nice guy, I'm sure. But you're right, the authority just sprays from him. Hm, let's just wait quietly.) Edited by thegoodhen

I mean we could just go against each other for practice/fun.

I mean we could just go against each other for practice/fun.

Possibly. But I wouldn't want to use my best material on a battle that doesn't count for the competition. If you're eager to get some practice in, try writing and performing a solo verse for your character, like I did earlier.

. But I wouldn't want to use my best material on a battle that doesn't count for the competition

Noone says you oughta use the best you got, right?

(edited)

But how would I know what my best is until after I've finished it? I'd rather just wait until we hear what Crona has to say.

You're right. I am just so blown away by this ingenious idea that I now NEED TO RAP pinkie pie style. I know we can't technically join this competition without the guys who are in charge, but... Yeah, like crona said: You can use your OWN beats to do your raps. I am in no way endorsing anarchy, I'm just saying that if you tell me: "hey, let's rap, you will act as a Fluttershy and you'll rap against Gilda; I will then reply, actin' as Gilda. Make it 10 bars, here's the link to the beat", then I'm all in. Hope I'm not gettin too OT with this, tho. Btw: I don't believe the whole "wasting your lines" thing-afterall, since it's a battle, most of them will be very opponent-related. When you practise as say Gilda against Pinkie pie, you don't really produce much lyrics that you could use as Fluttershy against evil butterflies. So you don't "waste" them. Hope I've made it clear, I'm sorta sleepy right now. :D Edited by thegoodhen
  • Brohoof 1

You're right. I am just so blown away by this ingenious idea that I now NEED TO RAP pinkie pie style. I know we can't technically join this competition without the guys who are in charge, but... Yeah, like crona said: You can use your OWN beats to do your raps. I am in no way endorsing anarchy, I'm just saying that if you tell me: "hey, let's rap, you will act as a Fluttershy and you'll rap against Gilda; I will then reply, actin' as Gilda. Make it 10 bars, here's the link to the beat", then I'm all in. Hope I'm not gettin too OT with this, tho. Btw: I don't believe the whole "wasting your lines" thing-afterall, since it's a battle, most of them will be very opponent-related. When you practise as say Gilda against Pinkie pie, you don't really produce much lyrics that you could use as Fluttershy against evil butterflies. So you don't "waste" them. Hope I've made it clear, I'm sorta sleepy right now. :D

I've been excited for awhile now, but a lot of stuff got in the way of this starting back when the idea was first brought up. At least I've had time to think of a gameplan, and what types of beats and music I'll be rapping to. I want my competition entries to be a lot more "gilda-ish" than the test I did before.

I've been excited for awhile now, but a lot of stuff got in the way of this starting back when the idea was first brought up. At least I've had time to think of a gameplan, and what types of beats and music I'll be rapping to. I want my competition entries to be a lot more "gilda-ish" than the test I did before.

Wasn't that bad at all. I'm just concerned about whether I can sound like fluttershy (yes, I'm a guy), and about how would fluttershy sound when rapping. :D I'm excited to the point that I will probably do a mlp rap soon. :D Good think this thread is here, it inspired me in a way.

As previously mentioned, this isn't a part of the contest. Just something I whipped up in preparation, basically. Hopefully I can do better than this during the actual battles.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ucPy1lFTTw

(And it's a good thing swearing is allowed, because I hadn't even thought that might be a rule until after I realized how foul mouthed Gilda was. :lol: )

Being this good looking is a crime , I find this hilarious,hahaha, nice job lol XD

Honestly forgot about this thread.

Busy Crona is Busy.

I'll do this shit right now.

CROOHHOHOOONA?! WHERE ARE YOU? COME HERE A SECOND! (Why are you afraid? O_o) (edit: oh... this Crona. I see. But-he's a nice guy, I'm sure. But you're right, the authority just sprays from him. Hm, let's just wait quietly.)

You don't have to be scared of me xD

First battle: Dragonshy Vs. Crona

• Brohoof 1

Honestly forgot about this thread.

Busy Crona is Busy.

I'll do this shit right now.

You don't have to be scared of me xD

First battle: Dragonshy Vs. Crona

I suppose Rainbow Dash is going to be rapping against Scootaloo. She's going to crush her dreams. :(