Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity!

Striksette

So, a Rarity digital.... thing. I feel like I screwed up the eyes, but when I tried to fix them, I felt like they became even worse, so I decided that I would just leave them.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 17

(edited)

That's a really nice picture you got there. All except the right eye is okay. But I could tell you could have it worse. But overall, nice picture. Though it still looks like icing. :lol:

Edited by PegasisterTaco

Looks really good! What did you make it on?

-Drew picture(using reference)

-Scanned

-Traced and colored with mouse on Microsoft Paint

And that's how people with no money make pony art.

That's a really nice picture you got there. All except the eyes is okay. But I could tell you could have them even worse. But overall, nice drawing. Though it still looks like icing. :lol:

Of course, the icing is my favorite part. :3

I like the rough lines style

Thank you, it's the only style I can do at the moment.
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I like it. Her right ear (on the left side, from this angle) could have been a bit smaller though, and the eyelashes on her left eye seem to detach at some point.

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

i dont think it looks bad, maybe if there was a little more white in the eyes but other than that its really good :)

Thanks- the eyelashes always seem to mess with me!

I like it. Her right ear (on the left side, from this angle) could have been a bit smaller though, and the eyelashes on her left eye seem to detach at some point.

Yeah, now that you mention it, that ear does look a bit... Off.

Yeah pony eyes can be hard to draw, I think you did a good job on them though. :)

Thanks! I'm still learning. :P

Well you can always use sumopaint, it's free it's not the best drawing program but it's better that Microsoft paint xD

"-Drew picture(using reference)

-Scanned

And that's how people with no money make pony art."

Oh look my old method. Now I don't colour at all...

A bit messy but not bad.

"-Drew picture(using reference)

-Scanned

And that's how people with no money make pony art."

Oh look my old method. Now I don't colour at all...

A bit messy but not bad.

It's a pretty good method for a beginner like myself, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

It looks like when you drew this, you took your time. If you want smoother lines, you'll have to do a quick stroke to get that smoothness, or use the pen tool~. It would be easier to draw using a tablet too, but the mouse is fine.

I like it, draw more! :D

(edited)

It looks like when you drew this, you took your time. If you want smoother lines, you'll have to do a quick stroke to get that smoothness, or use the pen tool~. It would be easier to draw using a tablet too, but the mouse is fine.

I like it, draw more! :D

Thanks for the tip on smoother lines, a lot of people have requested that in the past! :) And I will draw more, I love the support here!

Edited by Klopp Pwny.
Removing quoted hidden post.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Its cute! I like it! :)

Just a tip the eyelashes and the nose holes should be thinner. But i like her hair and her eyes other then the eyelashes! ^_^

If you have nothing nice don't say it at all. At lest say how she could get better. What you just said was nothing helpful and as a long forum member should know that being rude about someones art is NOT a good idea

Edited by Midnightive
  • Brohoof 1

I think you've done a really good job for a beginner! :D Heres a quick tip, the eye lashes should be quick strokes to make them look feathered instead of them being thick and round but the more you practice the better you'll become! ^_^

Its cute! I like it! :)

Just a tip the eyelashes and the nose holes should be thinner. But i like her hair and her eyes other then the eyelashes! ^_^

Those are probably the two things I have the most trouble with, so thanks for the tips!

I think you've done a really good job for a beginner! :D Heres a quick tip, the eye lashes should be quick strokes to make them look feathered instead of them being thick and round but the more you practice the better you'll become! ^_^

Thanks for the tip! I've thought of using a thinner brush- do you think that would work?

It's really good, considering you did that on MS paint. All I end up with are stick figure dogs that try to pass up as ponies.

And that's about just where I started! XD

Thanks for the tip! I've thought of using a thinner brush- do you think that would work?

Yeah that would work! ^_^ If you can download programs and stuff download Paint.net the layer will help! But if not... They still look awesome!

(edited)

-Drew picture(using reference)

-Scanned

Haha, SO true! Been there done that ^_^

Anyway, all in all, I'd say basically everything opposite to what Shankveld said. I can tell you put a lot of work into it, and i like it a lot.

Keep doing what you're doing, cuz it's pretty good :D

Edited by Klopp Pwny.
Removing bits pertaining to the flaming. :3

Those are probably the two things I have the most trouble with, so thanks for the tips!

And that's about just where I started! XD

Yeah ^_^ just try different thechniques and see which one of them you prefer :)

I have absolutely no skill at keeping a steady hand, so mspaint wouldn't work for me. For being msPaint, I am impressed, well done!

(edited)

It's a pretty good method for a beginner like myself, I guess.

Also, do you use a tablet or a mouse? :)

Edited by Klopp Pwny.

(edited)

I have absolutely no skill at keeping a steady hand, so mspaint wouldn't work for me. For being msPaint, I am impressed, well done!

Thank you!

Well said! ;)

Also, do you use a tablet or a mouse? :)

A mouse. Edited by Klopp Pwny.
  • Brohoof 2

Last time I checked, a critique was "A detailed analysis and assessment of something, esp. a literary, philosophical, or political theory," not saying "Your work is sloppy."

Thank you!

A mouse.

Then I think you have done a brilliant job with a mouse! :D And don't worry, there are going to be people out there that will put you down. But take no notice of them! You're going to be a great artist, just keep doing what you are doing and don't let them get you down! :wub: