Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private It has begun

Acoustic Cloud

Ten years have passed since the height of the Solar/Lunar war. Both of the princess' are dead, casualties of their own war. With neither the master of the sun or moon having any successors to speak of, there was no one left to keep the days and night in check.It has been nearly ten years since anyone has seen the sun. All of the crops have died out with no sunlight, everyday it gets colder and colder, tsunami's make it impossible for anyone to stay near the coast, and perhaps worst of all: with nopony to keep them in check, the monsters of the everfree forest are now roaming free across Equestria.Those who have not starved or freezed to death are now locked in a desperate struggle for survival.Small pockets of the Solar and Lunar empires remain, they continue to fight eachother; neither side willing to admit defeat and determined to avenge their respective princess.The population has diminished to near extinction, and the remaining survivors not still fighting a pointless war and desperately searching for shelter and the last scraps of food and drinkable water.This is the world we live in. Will we be able to restore balance? Or will we never again see the light of day?

Players:

Flame Dancer

Rainbow Dashey

Razorwing

RainbowDashLoyalty

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

In the Solar Palace over looking Equestria, Diehard looks at the chaos, destruction, and ruin that is now Ponyvill. This is not what was suppose to happen. This should have ended in peace not in peices.

Lightning Flash was running for her life. She knew not what was after her, nor how to escape it... she only knew to run.

Her breath shortened and her vision foggy... everything grew quiet... Then... Darkness.

Connor awakens in shock once again. his multiple layers of blankets barely fight back the intense cold of the night air. He let's out a quiet sigh. He feels a gentle squirm under the blankets up against him.

His son has survived another night. It is getting worse and worse by the day, just to keep him warm. He flexes his small wings and lets out a groan. His small eyes slowly open, and it takes him a moment to adjust.

"Morning dad." He said lightly, letting out a small yawn.

"Morning Jason." Connor replied.

Connor has not kept track of the dates for years now, but he believes that today is the day. His son is now 5 years old.

"Do you know what today is son?" Connor asks him.

Jason uses his small hoof to rub his eyes.

"N..No.." He stutters softly.

"It's your birthday son. Happy fifth birthday!" Connor congratulated him.

Connor felt happy claiming this fact. His son had never seen the light of day in his life, and he knows nothing but this cruel world, but despite this Connor has been able to keep him safe.

"Really? So i'm five now?" He asked with a small smile on his face.

Connor messes up his mane playfully and lets out a chuckle.

"That's right my boy! Now let's get up, we have a lot to do today." Connor instructed.

Jason sprung out of the covers, excited to find out it was indeed his birthday. He let out a big shiver, despite wearing multiple layers of clothing all over his body.

Connor wrapped one of the blankets around his son, providing yet another layer of warmth.

"Now, let's see what we have for food. Wouldn't want the birthday boy to go without breakfast!"

Connor walked over to the hole he had dug to store they're food in. It wasn't plentiful. They managed to find an old bag of chicken feed a while back, but it is almost gone.

"Well, eat up boy."

Jason just smiled

"Okay dad.."

This would not do. They needed to find more food or they were going to run out very soon.

Lightning was awoken to the horrible cries of battle

"ive been here before" she thought to herself.

As she looked around she saw familiar faces...

Srgnt. Buck

Corporal Adams

Private Dave

It all seemed surreal, like a waking nightmare...

Leaving the Solar kingdom. Well might as well go see what kind of trouble i can get into. Heads to the valley. Ahhhhhh just as cold as it was yesterday. I guess i should go check on the shelter and see how the pony folk are doing. But is ambushed by a group of wastelands. Give us everything you got wretch, and we just might not hurt you...Hahahaha much. Ahhhh well. I guess i have to teach you guys a lesson.

Edited by Razorwing58
  • Brohoof 1

Fire Force awakes from his dreadful slumber, he still dreams of what happened during the war at a very young age, being scared and lonely, not knowing if his loved ones are still alive. He hopes for a miracle that one day that he will see his parents or any of his relatives to live with, right now he's on his own, he doesn't know where he is anymore, all the buildings look like ruins and the village he once lived in no longer exist.

Fire Force leaves the fallen village, bringing nothing but bad memories in his mind.

"this can't be real" she thought as she examined the rest of her surroundings.

As she looked back her army buddies were gone...

She looked all around and noticed, everything was gone.

There... in total blackness she was enveloped.

Then a flood of memories passed before her eyes. as real as the moment they occured...

It overwhelmed her, she broke into tears as she saw all the faces of those who had passed away in her life...

and she realized... for the first time ever, she was completely alone.

Jason finished up his small pile of chicken feed and wiped his mouth. He looked at Connor who did not have anything to eat.

"Aren't you gonna eat something dad?" Jason said softly.

Connor looked at him with a blank expression, but managed to work out a small smile.

"Don't worry about me, I'm not hungry."

It was a lie, but Connor was willing to skip a few meals if it meant his son could eat a day longer. A cold wind swept through the air, painfully chilling.

Connor held Jason in his arms tightly to keep him warm. Connor looked down at Jason.

"Were going on a little trip today. We need to head into Ponyville."

Connor knew that ponyville would be they're best bet to find food. Jason looked up into his fathers eyes with curiosity.

"Isn't that where you said you and mommy grew up? Why can't we live there?"

Connor and his wife met eachother during the height of the Solar/Lunar war. They had survived the harsh world for five years before she died giving birth to Jason. Ever since then, Connor swore to put the boys well being ahead of his. He was all he had left.

"Ponyville isn't the same place it was when we lived there son. It's... Changed. We can't live there".

Jason looked sad after hearing that. Connor just smiled and gave Jason a big hug.

"Don't worry son, home is wherever we choose to make it. Now come on, help me pack up camp so we can get moving."

Jason smiled.

"Okay daddy."

Finishing up his fight without breaking a sweat. Ill let you live this time. But next time i wont be so merciful. Now where was i oh yea the shelter. Arriving at the the shelter Diehard is greeted by other survivors. Hey you guys. How are you going today? Good. Thats great. i have something for you guys. Pulls food, meds, and warm clothing out of his sack. It may not be much but its all i could bring. Thank you Diehard. For all of your help. Its the least i can do. Ill try to move you guys to the palace this week. Iv found a safe enough way back to it.

(OOC im done till later you guys)

Edited by Razorwing58

Fire Force was searching for food and water near a forest, everything was burnt down to ashes. He tried searching somewhere else, but all of a sudden, he hears a twig snap near him, "Whose there?" Fire Force says out loud. He hears a growling noise behind him getting louder and louder, looking back, Fire Force sees an angry pack of wolves and it looked like they were really hungry, but who could blame them? It's extremely rare to find food ever since this nightmare started.

Fire Force flew away as fast as he could before they catch him, adrenaline was rushing all over his body, his stomach was screaming for food, and the wolves looked like they were catching up a bit. He knew he had to pick up his pace, but it wasn't easy to do with an empty stomach, but eventually he did get away, he landed down on wet mud and wet mud meant water. He followed to mud where it got wetter and found small pond of water, it was a miracle for him to find some water to drink, and what made it better was that he found a bush filled with berries near the small pond. He grabbed and ate as much as he can and took a small nap to build up his energy for the rest of the day...

• Brohoof 1

Looking at the clock on the wall, well whatever is left of it. Give or take it would be high noon right now so most of the fiends should be resting right now. We should be able to take a few of you with me now. Who here is a family? I need all the families to get together. And if you do not have a family i need all the mares and fillies over here and all the colts over there. Sir my son has a broken leg and cant walk very fast. Is there anything you can do to help? Looks at the boys leg and sees its not just broken but the bone is breaking the skin. Ill see what i can do when we get to my safe house. But for now all i can do is wrap it up so it does not come out anymore. Wraps the boys leg and thinks of a faster way to get back. Are any of you colts strong enough to fly? Looking at the group of colts that have wings. Us three can fly. We may not be strong but we'll give it our all. Good men, but before we go take this Pulls out energy pills This will keep your wings from freezing and gets more oxygen to the blood. This way your muscles wont give out mid flight. Goes to the back of the shelter and uncovers a solar wagon. We can take this. Its not much but it will get us all there.

Edited by Razorwing58

She could hear a voice, but its location was undefined, coming from all directions it boomed "What do you seek?!"

The force of the voice startled her and it took her a moment to formulate an answer.

"I wish to fix this mess" she replied

"You have but one chance" it thundered once again.

"But I... " she was cut off as her surroundings returned to reality.

She found herself in the middle of a road...

with no idea what is ahead of her, she set off.

Loading the other ponies on the wagon. Is that all families? Ok are you guys ready for this? Yup lets go. Wait! Yes??? Take the women and children first. We can hold out another night. But daddy i dont want to go without you. Just go and do what your mother tells you. The other men get off and help the other women and children get on the wagon. Thats the last of them. You sir are a brave man. I would like to know your name in case we never meet again. Dizzy Doo sir. Ahhh the son of Commander Derpy. You have grown much. I will try to make it back tonight. If not tonight in the morning then. Here take this Tosses him a magic amplifier for his horn. It will boost you magic to royal guard level. Ok guys lets go. Yaaaa!. As they took off into the cold black sky Diehard knew there was a slim chance that they would survive the night.

• Brohoof 1

Connor and Jason made they're way down the rubble road towards ponyville. The freezing wind was taking it's toll, and it was slowing them down greatly.

It would almost be quicker to fly, but Connor has not been able to find the time to teach Jason how to fly. Hell, if it get's any colder in the future, flight may become impossible.

Jason was having a hard time keeping up, he was freezing. Connor decided it would be better if he carried him.

"Not much further son." He reassured him. Jason was too busy shivering to give any sort of response.

Connor's stomach began to rumble, he was starving. They still had some chicken feed left, but connor wanted to save the rest for Jason, just in case there was no more food to be found. He would rather starve to death than allow his son to go hungry,

Suddenly, something caught his eye. Down the road, heading towards them was a lone mare. A pegasus with a golden mane to be exact. She also seemed to have a scar over her eye.

This was bad, she could be a bandit. Connor took Jason as they quickly left the road and attempted to hide in a nearby bush.

She probably already saw them, but it was worth a shot.

Connor had his hoof over Jason's mouth.

"You have to be quiet son, we don't know if this person can be trusted." He whispered.

(OOC: Also Razor, awesome Derpy reference :P Commander Derpy! Made me laugh)

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 1

Lighting saw a sign, welcome to pony ville. (or what was left of it)

She saw that most of the town was now nothing more than rubble.

She headed down the main street to start looking for anything of use.

she saw that the buildings were already stripped of anything useful.

As she looked back down the main road from where she entered pony ville, she saw two sets of eyes... glowing in the distance.

quickly, she darted through an ally way, waiting to get a better look.

Connor knew by the way this mare moved that she must have seen them. He held Jason tightly in his arms, keeping his hoof over his mouth.

"Remember what I told you son. If I am forced to fight anypony, you grab whatever food we have left and run. Don't worry about me, I will meet back up with you."

Jason nodded, tears flowing down his face.

Connor was not certain of his fighting ability, he has had no formal training and he hasn't had much experience, but he will fight to the bloody end to defend his son.

Connor held Jason tightly in his arms, trying to comfort him. Jason was scared, and to be honest, Connor was a little bit too.

Maybe ponyville was a bad idea, for all he knew there could be some sort of bandit camp nearby. How stupid of him. At this point he was just hoping his stupidity didn't cost his son.

Edited by Eljordo
  • Brohoof 1

Lightning edged between buildings and barricades with stealth and precission.

She was just yards away from where she saw the "others"

She ducked behind a barrel near a slap of concrete and waited for the mysterious faces to show themselves.

*mmmmph* the sound of a hoof muffled voice was barely audible...

She got ready to attack if need be...

Alright, this was it. She obviously knew they were there, and she looked pretty aggressive. Connor lept from the hiding spot and took an aggressive stance.

"Listen here, you have five seconds to tell me who you are and what your intentions here are. Do not play games with me, I am not afraid to fight you if you force me to."

Connor said aggressively.

Jason revealed himself and got behind his dad, he was clearly scared out of his mind.

(edited)

Lightning knocked aside the barrel to meet her oponent. As she was about to take action when she saw the young filly.

She didn't know what to say, the anger from her face subsided.

"Let me ask one more time" said conner "who are you?"

Lightning spoke

"I'm Lightning Flash", "what brings you here? or is this some sort of trick? Don't you know this is no place for a boy!?"

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

Connor glances back at Jason, but quickly focuses back on Lightning Flash.

"This is no trick, we are just here looking for food. Listen, we don't wan't any trouble, we intend to find whatever food we can and leave."

Connor maintains his aggressive stance, keeping Jason firmly behind him.

Arriving at the palace Diehard took the young boy to the medical wing of the palace. How long has his leg been this way miss? About two days. Shaking his head Diehard knew what he was going to have to do. Miss can i speak to you outside? Yes what is it? His leg has been out of place to long and will not heal properly. The only thing i can do for him now is.... amputate his leg. The mother broke out in tears after hearing this news. Are you sure you cant save his leg? His leg is beyond repair. The only thing i can do is give him a prosthetic after he has fully healed. But at the time this is the only way. The mother pulled herself together and walked back in with her son. Whats going on mommy? Is that nice man going to fix me? A tear rolled down her face as her son spoke. Yea. Hes going to fix you up real good. Now i want you to know your mommies brave little soldier ok. And you are strong just like your father was. Now ill see you when this is over ok? Ok mommy ill be strong. I love you mommy. I love you too. She walks out the room in tears. Ill numb him down and put him to sleep so he wont feel the pain. Just take care of my boy. hes all i have left. I will miss. Walks in the room and shuts the door.

• Brohoof 2

Lightning replies

"Well the only trouble i'll give you right now is letting you know, that there isn't any food in this part of town. It has been stripped clean."

She looks behind her at the business district of town.

Then looks back at connor.

"If you want we could go check the urban area, for some food, or atleast shelter. The homes are bound to have something useful."

She starts to walk off and looks back

"... you coming or not?"

Connor looks at her suspiciously, it could be a trap. On the other hand, it really was they're only option if they wanted to find food. She probably would have attacked them by now if she intended to.

"Alright..." He said hesitantly. He slowly began to follow her, signaling Jason to follow.

"My name is Connor by the way, and this is my son Jason"

Back at the shelter in ponyvill. Dizzy do you think hes coming back? Yea he said he would be back tonight for us, and hes still mia. He'll be back. Diehard never goes back on his word. And besides he said tonight or tomorrow morning. Have a lil faith in the guy, hes doing the best he can. Then they hear things being knocked over and talking from outside. Shhhh. I think we may have a fight on our hands. Are you guys armed? Lets do this. We do what we must to survive.

Edited by Razorwing58