Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Rail shooters.

Cherry Blossom

So I think a lot of you have played rail shooter games like Time Crisis or the House of the Dead right? I think rail shooters are dying nowadays because of FPS games like Call of Duty and Battlefield. If you guys could bring back a series, what would it be?

If you aren't familiar with what a rail shooter is, here is some gameplay of Time Crisis 4.

This is rated T so some of you be aware of what you're gonna watch.

Edited by Octavinyl

I really only played TC. To be honest, I hated House Of The Dead. I think they need to stay in arcades. The only really cool aspects are the graphics and a peripheral that isn't shit. Due to Move (too bad they killed the Wii Zapper imo) and home consoles, they don't mean much.

My absolute favorite rail shooter would have to be Ghost Squad though.

Area 51 might of not been the pretties of the genre but as it stands, it's probably the only game of it's type that I've actually soloed. Nowhere near as great as Time Crisis though.

Random related story, a friend and I were driving to a show in northern Wisconsin and... kinda got lost. We had, thankfully, left early just in case something like that happened. We stopped at a McDonalds/gas station to ask for directions, and there it was.

Motherfucking Time Crisis.

What was supposed to be a five minute stop turned into two hours and 20 or so dollars of food and Time Crisis.

• Brohoof 1

Last rail shooter I played was Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, and that's a console game, not to mention the only rail shooter I've heard of in the RE series. I can't say I'd like to see another one like it in my lifetime.... I'm a huge fan of Time Crisis. I've played just about all of them through to the end, and even found a version for my ipod. I don't think the rail shooter's disappearance would make much of an impact on the gaming world, considering you don't see too many of them anymore, but growing up on games like Time Crisis and House of the Dead, I'd be sad to see them go.