Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The leading man returns: Resulli plays through Final Fantasy XII

Discordian

Author's Note: This playthrough started on another forum so the first post will be a combination of the first few updates. Don't worry, I won't be editing anything out though.

This is the original North American version of the game so no Zodiac Job System.

This playthrough is kinda gonna bounce back and forth between boring and somewhat-interesting-but-ultimately-lame and I intend to do many of the hunts though don't expect me to go fight Yiazmat. ^__^

Now, this file was already started before I decided to do this and I'm not so keen on restarting so you'll have to deal with nothing on the first 40 minutes (including cutscenes) of the game.

This'll be relatively spoiler-free, I won't say anything about the big spoilers, but locale names will not be changed so it's easier to do this.

What I've done so far that there is no comments for:

Beat Tutorial as Reks

Beat Rogue Tomato (Rank I) Hunt

Joined Clan Centurio

Talked to Old Dalan to find a way into the palace

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it begins in Rabanastre:

-Accepted "Wolf in the Waste" Hunt for the Thextera (Rank I)

-Confirmed the hunt for the Thextera in the Dalmasca Westersand by talking to Gatsly in the Sandsea Tavern

-Saved at the West Gate Crystal because I'm too chickenshit to fight the Thextera without doing so.

-Tried to go into the Aerodrome. "Only Archadians!" says the guard. That's racist!

-The Dalmasca Westersand...so much sand. I can't barely see my hand in front of my face! Someone should get a vacuum cleaner and tidy this place up.

-Oh look, a puppy!

-ARGH. Bad dog! No biting! Imma have to teach you a lesson.

-More dogs!?

-And now I have a license to kill--I mean Cure.

-Stole a Pointy Hat from a Wolf, this one must have come from Hogwartz!

-Can't equip the hat, I guess the Sorting Hat doesn't like me. No Gryffindor for poor lil ol' Res. :(

-Back to town to heal, save and sell Loot.

-Went into Yamoora's Gambits to buy a few and he says he's not even open yet! The nerve! Why can't you make battles less tedious for me!?

-Now to Giza Plains to get a sunstone.

-Giza Plains bunnies playing around, so cute!

-Entered the Nomad Village and immediately hung a louie to sell my Loot and stock up a bit. Also bought a Broadsword.

-Talked to the Nomad Elder who said I needed to find Masyua. She's the elder, she should know how to make sunstones!

-Apparently the kid with all the sunstones is missing and they want me to find him. Kids doing something so dangerous? I oughta call CPS on them.

-What's Penelo doing here!? No, I'm not doing anything mischievous! *Crosses fingers*

-Jinn, the kid with the sunstones, got himself hurt. SEE WHAT I MEAN, NOMADS!? *Gets phone*

-Sure Penelo, tease me about your own Gambits without letting me access the Gambit menu. >8(

-Found Jinn, he tripped and ate dirt while running from monsters and now his leg hurts. He also wants me to go finish his work for him, lazy bastard! Nets me a sunstone though so I'll do it.

-Got to the first Dark Crystal needed for the sunstone energy, 39%

-Second DC, 70%

-Third DC, 100%. Now back to Jinn.

-Finally got me a sunstone. Apparently he was playing chicken with some wolves and they started chasing him. What a goob.

-Sold Loot back at the Nomad Village and unlocked Unassuming Surcoat in the Bazaar.

-Bought Unassuming Surcoat and had Chromed Leathers x1 in it.

-Now back to the Westersand to fight the Thextera.

-Defeated the Thextera with little trouble. Big Doggie go boom boom.

-Returned to the Sandsea to claim my reward. Got 500 Gil, Headguard x1 and Teleport Stone x1 for beating Thextera.

-Took a look at the Notice Board and accepted the "Dalmasca's Desert Bloom" hunt for the Flowering Cactoid (Rank I)

-Clan Rank went up. Moppet > Hedge Knight

-Unlocked Vaan in the Sky Pirate's Den for stealing 50 times.

-Obtained 2 Warp Motes and 2 Teleport Stones for going up a rank.

-Confirmed the hunt for the Flowering Cactoid with Dantro in the Dalmasca Estersand Outpost. Flowering Cactoid will be found in the Estersand somewhere.

-Went back and saved at East Gate and stopped here.

---

That was the first update. Here's the second one:

---

-Obtained the "Swords 1" License for Vaan which allows use of the Broadsword (which I got earlier) and the Longsword.

-Found 5 Gil on the ground in the Estersand Outpost. Must be my lucky day!

-Unlocked Balthier for attacking 300 times and Vayne for using Technicks 100 times in the Sky Pirate's Den.

-Got to the Yardang Labyrinth in the Estersand to fight the Flowering Cactoid.

-Obtained the "Mystic Armor 2" License with Vaan which allows use of the Pointy Hat (finally), Topkapi Hat, Silken Shirt and Kilimweave Shirt.

-Encountered the Flowering Cactoid.

-I know you think you're pretty but that's no reason to hit me when I disagree! OUCH, those needles hurt!

-Little bastard ran off! *Chases with fervor*

-Took this opportunity to run around in circles and recover MP to continue the battle anew.

-Dammit, it recovered all of it's health when I was goofing off in circles.

-I have resolved I am just a tad too weak for this hunt so I'm gonna leave and come back a bit later when I'm stronger.

-Fleeing like a little bitch I find myself at Nalbina Fortress where I sell my Loot and unlock some things in the Bazaar.

-Unlocked "Tail of the Phoenix" which has Phoenix Downs x2 in it and "Potion Pack" which has Potion x2 in it.

-Nalbina Fortress, where slaves men toil away to erect a barrier to defend Archadia from Rozarria.

-Spent some time buying good equipment for Vaan before heading back to try the Flowering Cactoid again. (I'm intentionally not doing anything with Penelo since I'm not going to be using her this playthrough)

-Obtained the "Shields 1" License for Vaan and can now equip a Leather Shield and Escutcheon. Equipped the Leather Shield on Vaan, effectively making him a tank.

-Things are going a little more my way with this new equipment! >8)

-The little shit used 1000 Needles on Vaan! Stupid low health tactics...

-And so it finally goes down. I obtain a Cactus Flower for beating it. Time to head back to Dantro and kick off the "Traveler in the Desert" sidequest (which I can't finish until later anyway)

-Obtained 500 Gil and Potion x10 for beating the Flowering Cactoid.

-Dantro wants me to take the Cactoid Flower to his wife on the south bank of the Nebra River just north of the Outpost. Here's hopping I don't die on my way there, I think the enemies are stronger up there.

-I stand corrected, still tanking.

-Got the flower to Dantro's Wife and got a Bundle of Needles (Loot) for it.

-Dantro's Wife asks me to bring her some Semclam Shells which can be found in the shallows on the riverbank. Time for some sand sifting! This brings me back to the good ol' days of the Gold Rush!

-Bought the map for the Estersand and sold my Loot before going after the shells.

-Obtained the First Aid License even though I don't have it so I can get around to some shield and HP Augment Licenses.

-Got a Semclam Shell!

-Got a Semclam Shell!

-Got a--Oh you get it!

-Brought the Semclam Shells back to Dantro's Wife and now she wants Nebralim from Dantro... Yeah these two are probably having fun making me run back and forth like this.

-Got a Chain Level on Wolves! Better Loot, here I come!

-Got the Nebralim, back to Dantro's Wife...again.

-Awww, lost my Chain Level. :(

-I'll have to do the Dustia Chaining when I do a Vaan Solo run. Just a random thought.

-Holy crap, random strong enemies. Runrunrunrunrunrunrunrunrun--Whew, safe!

-Now she wants Valeblossom Dew but I can't go over to the north bank at the moment so I'll come back later. Time to Split! ...er, I mean teleport. :lol:

-Checked the Sandsea's Notice Board and talked to Montblanc (Clan Centurio's founder) and there are no new hunts so it's back to Old Dalan finally.

-Why, hello there Filo! If only you knew that you'd get a promotion from NPC to playable character in the sequel, one of the better ones might I add.

-Touchy-feely scene. Sorry Penelo, I came here specifically to cause trouble. jester::

-To the Garamsythe Waterway where it looks like a coup is taking place. ;)

-Kytes opens the door for me and gives me Potions x2 and Eye Drops x4. He's more useful in the sequel. <__<

-Got through the Waterway rather easily and entered the Royal Palace.

-Ooooh, female servants. I'd like to serve you. ;)

-Being sneaky, insulting soldiers and finding hidden passages. What am I, Indiana Jones?

-Enter the leading man, Balthier! And his lovely assistant Fran!

-Obtained the Goddess' Magicite from the treasury. In the words of Happosai: What a haul!

-Forced to skip the FMV cuz my disc sucks. :'(

-Balthier and Fran join the party! Yay!

-The game finally lets me edit Gambits.

-Dead soldiers and bloody cuffs, yeah this'll be a pleasant stroll through the Waterway.

-Dashing hero-theif Vaan & Co. save the damsel in distress! Vaan catches her in his manly arms...they get closer...closer...then the guards gotta ruin everything! (Non-canon shipping ftw? :lol: )

-Amalia joins as a guest! And she doesn't seem to like Vaan for stealing the Goddess' Magicite. I wonder why. Hint hint, wink wink. :lol:

-Well isn't that lovely, some Flans decided to throw a welcoming party! How thoughtful!

-Crashed that party! : D

-Wild Ponyta appeared! *Readies pokeball*

-Aww, I accidentally made it faint! :(

-Hot damn, we just got busted! We came so far too.

-Gotta love them dungeons. Leaves time for a...PRISON BREAK!!!

-Nothin' like a prison brawl to get the ol' adrenaline pumping! No weapons makes it real!

-Got my weapons back, now to get out of here!

-Except now I'm saving and stopping here. That's all for now, folks. :lol:

That's all I've done so far. I'll update every once in a while, probably at least once a week, with a new update.

Edited by Resulli