Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hey everypony.

Shadow Spark

Hey everypony. I'm Shadow Spark, if you can't tell. And, there's just something I want to get out. And, this is something I hope you enjoy and take seriously. This is a bit long. So bear with me.

P.S. this was pre-typed.

Hey there.

I see you're reading my thread. Well good. I hope you'll have some spare minutes to read through all of what I have to say.

While you're here, why not take a few moments to breathe. Calm down any tenseness you may have for the moment. Now, before you go off thinking that there's no need for you to calm, I want you to realize that there's no one here to prove anything to. It's just you, and my words for now. So, just take a moment to breathe and relax.

Now that you're hopefully at least a bit more calm, I want to tell you the reason why I'm writing this whole thing. I'm not here to put you down, I'm not here to judge you, neither am I here to give sympathy. I'm simply here just to remind you of a few things. Before I do, I want to ask, how are you feeling right now? Anxious? Depressed? Nervous? Angry? Whatever mood you're in. You may be saying that you're all good and you're in a fine mood. If you are, then awesome, stay that way. Though, for those of you who are not, there's no need to deny it. I want to remind you that it's just you and my writing. There's no one here for you to prove anything to. So however you really are feeling now, embrace it. Nothing wrong with feeling emotions. We all do feel them.

If you're finding yourself answering that with things that are, well are blatantly not so good, I want you to heed my words. Now I may have no clue who you are, or what's making you feel bad, but I'm still a person who's been through things and grown because of them. Now, I want ask what exactly is making you feel that way. You know, what's causing that feeling. Not always the easiest thing to answer, but at least give it some thought. Now hopefully you have at least a tiny clue as to why you're feeling the way you are. Can I ask, is focusing on that making you feel any better? It's not is it? So, it's safe to say focusing on other things would be better right?

So alright, let's bring your mind off those negative things. What's been good about your day? You know, what's been a nice thing about your day so far? Doesn't have to be anything amazing, could be that you took a warm shower, or, had a nice meal, something along those lines would work too. So focus on those positives for a bit. So, thinking about those simple good things didn't hurt did they? Certainly not as much as it did focusing on those negative things a bit ago. So, judging by that, focusing on positive things about your day made you feel better than it did focusing on the negative. Pretty obvious isn't it? You're probably thinking along the lines of "No crap thinking of good things is better than thinking of bad." Then can I ask why you may have been feeling down a bit ago?

You're starting to see my point in this aren't you? The negative things in your life have little to no good impact on you do they? Whereas, the positive things in your life make you feel better don't they? So, knowing that, what good does thinking negatively do for you? Not much right. I mean, it makes you feel down focusing on bad things. Obvious I know, but then why do you focus on them? They don't do any good for you, so why focus on those when you could focus on the more positive, good things about your life, that actually make you feel good? Exactly, there's no point in not doing so. Thinking negatively has a negative influence on your life. Everyone wants a great life right? So focus on the positive things that make you feel better rather than dwelling in the depths of negativity that make you feel worse.

Negative thoughts = Negative outcomes. Making yourself focus on bad things doesn't do any good for you, so why do it? There's no point in doing so when you could focus on positive things that make you feel better, therefore having a positive effect on you. Optimism is stronger solution to things than you may think. Focusing on the bright side of life will leave a bright impact on you. Pessimism only drags you down with it to the negative side of things, so don't grasp onto it if you're not wanting it's negative effects. Think positive and you'll get positive results.

Life's impression on you is greatly effected simply by your outlook on things. So if you're wanting to enjoy life, and everything about it, one giant step is to think positively, and focus on the good things about it all.

Thank you for reading.

:)

• Brohoof 3

I don't even know what to say about this, this post was brilliant. I've never even SAID brilliant before, though it might be because I've been watching a lot of British TV, and I've just started reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, but I digress. this post was so odd, yet so great, that I have no idea even what to think right now. You sir, have made me confused and yet happy at the same time. Good day to you. (I should stop watching/reading British stuff, it's changing my speech patterns. Nah it's too good to stop.)

• Brohoof 1