Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would happen to Equestria if Celestia and Luna were deposed?

Magic Man

I wouldn't be surprised if Cadence and Shining Armour stepped in to do a little provisional governing until a replacement for Celestia and Luna is found. Personally I'd like to see a coalition government by the Mane 6 but that'll be unlikely to happen :P

Agreed. It's nice to think of a world where the ruler actually does something besides read letters and show up before/after all the action, but the Mane 6 needs someone else to rule so they have their hooves free to go out and save Equestria. Let Cadence do the paperwork.

Actually if anything like this happened, I think twilight sparkle would get a post-death note from Celestia with the instructions on how to raise and lower the sun. Being the element of magic and as talented a unicorn as twilight is, I think she could learn how to raise the sun.

Once that happened, it would be a lot easier for the mane 6 to take the reins of political power.

• 3 weeks later...

I can tell you what would happen, Equestria Divided would come about: http://mlpforums.com...interest-check/

If the princesses were to disappear and the sun and moon were to continue to rise and fall... well it is more then likely that ponies would start to believe different things, diverging ideas that would tear Equestria apart. The 'former' Elements of Harmony being the driving force behind each of these factions. The only thing that surprises when it comes to this setting is how it would seem no one went looking for the princesses. Wouldn't ponies first order of business be to try and find the princesses, especially the heros of Equestria Twilight and friends?

Though where I got this idea was from here: http://pooryorickda.deviantart.com/

Edited by EquestrianScholar

I can see somthing like what happened in green isn't your color happening, where everypony wants fluttershy to be their leader just because she is so likeable.