Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(UPDATED) Do show-accurate game graphics matter to you?

Pix3M

Do show-accurate game graphics matter to you?  

16 users have voted

1. 1. Do show-accurate game graphics matter to you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
    • I would prefer that they would be done in a slightly different style

And by show-accurate, this includes ponies AND backgrounds.

Or, do you guys don't really give a crap as long as it's appealing in its own way?

EDIT: Or, would you actually rather see an original style?

I really need some feedback to this question, personally. More importantly, I am talking about what I'm working with:

post-4376-0-74337400-1348623464.png

Which version backgrounds seems better to you? Is this style of pony show-accurate enough for you to not mind a game that might use graphics like these?

Edited by Pix3M
  • Brohoof 2

A thread about show accurate graphics for an MLP game that doesn't even exist yet? That seems highly hypothetical, season 3 can't get here any faster... :huh:

But yes, it would matter. I wouldn't be very happy if it had 3D graphics, for instance(like those creepy Source ponies :blink:).

They have to resemble the shows style in some way, while not looking crappy. Doesn't have to be exact, it can be a variant of the style, just so long as it looks at least slightly appealing and doesn't rape my eyes.

Really, I wouldn't mind if the game went a bit off road with it's aesthetic, as long as it's still appealing. Of course, there's still the unfortunate roadblock of Hasbro stopping anything risky.

Well guys, by show-accurate, I'm talking about differences from right to left in this:

post-4376-0-54886100-1348617874.png

And the style of pony that derpy is drawn in.

I don't see a difference in Derpy besides the outline - if a crappy pony sprite had a colored outline, that wouldn't really make it show-accurate.

Depends. If you are making a game based off of something that has a distinct visual style, it only makes sense to carry that over. Otherwise, it can hurt the player's immersion.

for me, it depends. Some games, for example MLP, would be only good if they had the right show graphics. Otherwise, it wouldn't feel like MLP, right?

For some games, like Pokemon, they kinda look a bit different. Take Pikachu for example in Pokemon Black/White. Kinda looks different, but more or less the same. It really depends on the show and game we're talking about. I could care less if it's something that doesn't really need accurate graphics. :P

I don't see a difference in Derpy besides the outline - if a crappy pony sprite had a colored outline, that wouldn't really make it show-accurate.

In the case for Derpy, her proportions are not entirely show-accurate to begin with. For once, her legs are fatter and she has more three-dimensionality, making her resemble a bit more like blindbag ponies than the show.

A thread about show accurate graphics for an MLP game that doesn't even exist yet? That seems highly hypothetical, season 3 can't get here any faster... :huh:

But yes, it would matter. I wouldn't be very happy if it had 3D graphics, for instance(like those creepy Source ponies :blink:).

I've been submitting a number of things to dA that shows the stuff I've been trying to make. Thus, it's probably not that hypothetical at this point if they're already leaving impressions on people. Plus, I've bothered to actually provide an example so I could get more answers relevant to my situation. I simply don't know what this fan base exactly expects as I've heard opinions of people who favor show-accuracy and those who favor original styles for the sake of not seeing the same thing over and over.

Edited by Pix3M
  • Brohoof 1

I've been submitting a number of things to dA that shows the stuff I've been trying to make. Thus, it's probably not that hypothetical at this point if they're already leaving impressions on people. Plus, I've bothered to actually provide an example so I could get more answers relevant to my situation. I simply don't know what this fan base exactly expects as I've heard opinions of people who favor show-accuracy and those who favor original styles for the sake of not seeing the same thing over and over.

Oh I see, it's something you're actually making... I'm sorry if I made any harsh assumptions, good luck with your project. ;)

I like how the right side one looks I guess.