Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony – Soul Eater (Updated description)

Mayuen

Thank you to those who answered, I have now decided on most of the cast so you don't need to come with any more suggestions on that part! :) Please see further down the post what I still need help with!

Updated this post since I have gotten a bit in the planning of this project.

The project I am talking about is a crossover opening with MLP and the anime Soul Etaer. I'll animate the Soul Eater opening with the MLP characters. I'm not going to use Flash, since I neither have the program nor the knowledge to animate with it, so I'm sticking to Photoshop.

I have, like I said in the beginning, decided on the cast of the opening. I'll keep it as a secret for now, but if anyone is interesting in hearing what the roles the Mane 6 got, I guess I could tell that much ;)

The only one left for now is the scene with the Shinigami and Spirit (for those of you who haven't seen the anime, it is the scene with the skeleton-masked man and the red-haired one who gets scythes out of his back). If anyone could come up with suggestions about who could play that part, I would be very grateful!

Edited by Mayuen

Patty could be played by Derpy Hooves or Pinkie Pie. I'm not too knowledgable about background/secondary characters, though, so I don't know what characters they could play as. It seems like you might have to use a few of them, unless you want to reuse the mane 6 several times.

Twilight as Maka seems like a good choice, being studious and all, but she seems to have an obsessive aspect to her personality as well, kind of like Kidd. I think some character choices will be difficult to make if you want to avoid having the same pony seen twice in one scene! :P

Perhaps AJ could be Liz? And Queen Chrysalis as Medusa? Fluttershy fits the character of Crona, too, and Tsubaki seems like a good character for her to be.

Anyway, Soul Eater and MLP are both awesome. I hope this project turns out well for you guys. :)

(edited)

Sorry for double post.

I think I have decided on most of the characters, I'll keep them as a surprise for now but if anyone is interesting on hearing the mane 6 I guess I could tell you that much ;)

The one giving me trouble is however the scene with the Shinigami and Spirit (the one when you see the Shinigami in the background then Spirit transforming scythes out of his back. It is around the 50 seconds mark I think.). If anyone have any suggestions on this part I would be very grateful!

I have yet to start working on this project, but I'll try to begin in the end of this week. If people show interest I will upload WIP pictures and such in this topic :)

Edited by Mayuen

Maka- Twilight

Soul- Spike

BlackStar- RainbowDash

Tsubaki- FlutterShy

Death The Kid- Rarity

Liz- AppleBloom

Patty- SweetyBelle

Lord Death- Celestia

Spirit- ShiningArmor

Dr.Stein- Pinkamenia (I consider pinkie and Pinkamenia seperate because of a few fics [cupcakes])

Medusa- NightMare Moon

Crona- ScrewBall (the chaos pony)

Ragnarok- Discord (he is to in the intro)

blair- Chrysalis

Excalibur- Hoity Toity recolored

And that is the best I could think of. Yes, i do consider Pinkamina as a different pony becuse of her appearence in cupcakes. ScrewBall is like Discords own little pony. I added Ragnarok in because he is also in the opening. Shining Armor is mostly Spirit because he would protect twilight at any cost. SweetieBelle and AppleBloom as Liz and Patty because not only are the best friends but have also looked up to Their older sister or someone who means something to them. Spike is Soul mostly due to his loyalty to TwilightSparkle. And lastly Hoity Toity recolored as excalibur because He is the first that came to mind.

Thank you for your suggestions, seems we thought similar to most of the cast :) some of them will actually be like that, since that is what I have already decided on. But as I said in my last post the biggest concern right now is the Spirit scene, and your Shining Armor suggestion has really good reasons but I have already given him a part. Still, very thank you for replying!

2 things, 1 I can teach you basic flash for free. 2 I have flash for free! My trial version can't run out for some reason...

I would be happy to help in terms of animation (I haven't even watched soul eater but I still have use!)

2 things, 1 I can teach you basic flash for free. 2 I have flash for free! My trial version can't run out for some reason...

I would be happy to help in terms of animation (I haven't even watched soul eater but I still have use!)

Thank you, but I think I'll stick to Photoshop for now :)

Have you thought of anyone for Shinigami-sama yet? I was going to suggest Princess Celestia, because, now that I think about it, their personalities can be quite similar.

Celestia will indeed play Shinigami-sama for the most part :) I haven't decided on the scene with Spirit though.