Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lost

WarZ is a game.

The End.

Ok, seriously then, WarZ is a stab at taking on DayZ the zombie survival game, it is a stand alone client which means the advantage of not having to buy and faff around with Arma 2 and it does not have a million keybinds. It comes with the disadvantage that it has more problems than DayZ, but it is still in Alpha.

Buying the game from the official website http://thewarz.com/ gets you in on the Beta, and if you buy the next tier packages, you get Alpha access. I've been playing it for a few days and must say that it is rather good, there are a few glitches and balancing issues, but that is to be expected with an alpha.

Anyone gonna get this game, or anyone else got it?

I'll also try and answer any questions ya'll may have in this thread too ^^

I've been looking into this game cause I don't want to buy Arma II or whatever just to play DayZ. Haven't read enough about it yet to draw any conclusions on it yet. If it is said to be a good game in the end, then hell ya i'm gonna get it

If you've played DayZ, its like that ^^

People saying its a rip off really need to stfu, there are bound to be problems in a game when it is still in Alpha, but it is rather stable for an alpha and they are updating daily to cover any problems fast. I played the Battlefield 3 Alpha, and i must say that the bugs in that were far worse than the ones in DayZ.

There are a few prominent bugs, Invisible zombies (patched, but reported to still exists, but not as many), bugged zombies (they sometimes run on the spot), and some gaps in rocks that you can fall through. The game also crashes sometimes but not too often.

My recommendation is that if you don't mind putting up with bugs, then get it, else leave it be until it is fully released (although it is cheaper to buy it now)

If you've played DayZ, its like that ^^

People saying its a rip off really need to stfu, there are bound to be problems in a game when it is still in Alpha, but it is rather stable for an alpha and they are updating daily to cover any problems fast. I played the Battlefield 3 Alpha, and i must say that the bugs in that were far worse than the ones in DayZ.

There are a few prominent bugs, Invisible zombies (patched, but reported to still exists, but not as many), bugged zombies (they sometimes run on the spot), and some gaps in rocks that you can fall through. The game also crashes sometimes but not too often.

My recommendation is that if you don't mind putting up with bugs, then get it, else leave it be until it is fully released (although it is cheaper to buy it now)

Oh, its in alpha?

Then what the hell are people complaining about? Sounds like a good game, although i'm not into zombie games. I've heard alot of good stuff about DayZ and might pickup the standalone release.

You know how people are these days, they gotta find something to pick and complain about even if it's in a beta or alpha stage. Does it say it will be an "open world environment" like I heard DayZ is??

You know how people are these days, they gotta find something to pick and complain about even if it's in a beta or alpha stage. Does it say it will be an "open world environment" like I heard DayZ is??

Wait a minute...

WarZ...

as in the book the guy who wrote the zombie survival guide also wrote?

Is that what this is based off of? I thought the name seemed familliar.

Yes, its open world, you join a server full of people waiting to kill you and zombies waiting to munch you and you walk from town to town trying to scavenge food, drink and weapons to survive.

Wait a minute...

WarZ...

as in the book the guy who wrote the zombie survival guide also wrote?

Is that what this is based off of? I thought the name seemed familliar.

I dont think its based off a book :P

Yes, its open world, you join a server full of people waiting to kill you and zombies waiting to munch you and you walk from town to town trying to scavenge food, drink and weapons to survive.

I dont think its based off a book :P

Whoops. Got the name mixed up. Turns out it was World War Z, Not the WarZ. but still. you can see how i get them mixed up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z

I might give this a read...

Whoops. Got the name mixed up. Turns out it was World War Z, Not the WarZ. but still. you can see how i get them mixed up

http://en.wikipedia....iki/World_War_Z

I might give this a read...

World War Z is great. I recommend it to any fan of zombies. The writing behind it is pretty good. It is a bunch of first person accounts about the breakout starting from the little cases and finishing with the rebuilding of society. And it takes all of today's technology and our generation's lifestyle into play. also, instead of just completely ignoring the governments of the world and having total anarchy, he keeps them involved quite a bit. It's not your cliche zombie story about people doing impossible things to survive. It is one of the most realistic zombie reads out there I believe.

World War Z is great. I recommend it to any fan of zombies. The writing behind it is pretty good. It is a bunch of first person accounts about the breakout starting from the little cases and finishing with the rebuilding of society. And it takes all of today's technology and our generation's lifestyle into play. also, instead of just completely ignoring the governments of the world and having total anarchy, he keeps them involved quite a bit. It's not your cliche zombie story about people doing impossible things to survive. It is one of the most realistic zombie reads out there I believe.

I'll have to pick it up later today, as it sounds really awesome. I loved his other book, the Zombie Survival Guide.

This IS getting a little off-topic though, so back to the game, how many gameplay hours does it have?