Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

video Movie Intro

Genepool

Looking for some feedback on a video if anyone has some time. Making an Alien style movie intro, but i've hit a bit of a roadblock as far as the title goes. Thought about using the term Sprite, while a person I chatted with suggested Changeling.

Need to keep the title short about 5 maybe 7 characters max in length. Only have 1min 45 to 1min 47 seconds before the music changes to where the Nostromo would enter in the original movie.

Video Link

Just a quick warning about the video. It is EXTREMELY unpolished/unrefined, so you will no doubtedly spot some errors/misc. quirks. Already have an agenda where i'm going to modify the planet's rings so they are thicker, a bit more faded, and reduce the haze on the planet. Also need to get the timing down on the lettering to make it blend properly. (The text isn't shown in this test demo, but I noticed several problems with opacity animating.)

Any feedback is welcome to help me improve the video.

Info:

Using Sony Vegas (Think Pro) and Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64bit) for the images.

I haven't really animated much yet, so I'm not sure if I could really be of any help :P

I don't see any real "mistakes", but if you want to spruce up the space in the background (although you may want to stick to the current version for something more realistic), there are a zillion free Photoshop brushes that can make some pretty epic galaxies, etc. I just Google it quickly, and these two blog posts came up:

http://designm.ag/re...-space-brushes/

http://www.psdvault....to-inspire-you/

Now with that being said, if you're going to use one: make sure that the brushes are under a royalty free *and* commercial use license.

I just don't want to see anyone getting into legal trouble over something as insignificant as a Photoshop brush :P

*Edit:

Wow, it's like a car crash in slow motion. It's extremely slow, the viewer would probably fall asleep before the actual movie had started. The start made me thought YouTube was broken...

XD Your choice of words there reminds me of the opening to "Spaceballs", with the craaaazy long space cruiser:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dZveoBfiww

Edited by CloudFyre

Wow, it's like a car crash in slow motion. It's extremely slow, the viewer would probably fall asleep before the actual movie had started. The start made me thought YouTube was broken...

Regretably, the intro for the movie Alien is slow. I tried to match it the best I could which is why you are basically watching the "car crash in slow motions." ;)

Here's a link to Daily Motion where you can view the original intro for the movie. (Hope that link is ok, not sure about the rules concerning links to media.)

Thanks for the info/links Cloud, I'll be sure to take a look at those. Sadly, as the intro for the movie gives any indication, it is really stale. Only thing I might do is reduce the size of the stars a bit to achieve a Twinkling feeling. Noticed that as a mistake when I was working on a test version a while back. The effect was unintended, but wasn't undesired. ;)

Biggest problem is the name since Changeling is rather long compared to Alien. Sprite just sounds like a coca-cola commercial while Parasprite is close to being as long as Changeling.