Why my mind is so black and white on what the fans discuss and summarize

sampsoninc916

Dear gussy, there's this extremely dark video on the Internet that was made by a fan called "Friendship Was Magic", where Twilight dies and while falling, she sees her life flash before her eyes. In that same video, we see that Celestia is imprisoned in a cocoon, and has morphed into some changeling version of herself. The animation in that video, for a fan made work, is very well done, but can I tell you that I'm just so really sensitive about the way people treat such things? It might be a side effect with the way I learned to read such statements in school or something of the sort, heck, I think it might come with my asperger's syndrome/autism. For example, when someone says defeated, as in "Celestia gets defeated by Queen Chrysalis", I keep on thinking of absolute and complete death, like not coming back, ever. When someone says "turn on him/her" or "abandon" as in "Shining Armor, Twilight's friends, and Celestia turn on/abandon Twilight during the wedding rehearsal", I keep on thinking of absolute and complete betrayal, as in, never trusting you ever or never being your friend ever again, like they have just become your enemy, and they'll hurt you when they see you again. When someone says "punishment", I keep on thinking of beating, slapping, hitting, abuse, anything to cause pain to another person. What happened? Did I watch the most dark and sadistic horror movie on the face of the planet? My brother, who is majoring in psychology at Kennesaw State University, probably because of his autistic brother, talked with me when I told him if he had a girlfriend, dated many months, engaged, and then get married, and then the night before the wedding I try to say that the bride is trying to con my brother, thinking that he, my friends, and family would betray me, he said that my family loves me too much, because I'm their pride and joy, completely part of the family. They would be frustrated but only for a little while, and then they will still love me. I tried to bring my friends in the conversation, but my brother only focused on my family, knowing that I didn't hang out with friends too much because I'm trying to do computer stuff, similar to a certain purple unicorn you and I all know. My mind is so extremely black and white about the meanings of certain words and phrases that mean something bad and not something good. I take a phrase like "a face alive with anger" or "the flight attendant hovered over me" literally, and I've been talked about this ever since I had social therapy sessions with a social teacher at my elementary school many years ago. It's a problem that I've always seemed to have, thinking that a word or phrase will always mean one thing and one thing only forever, when in fact it has many meanings. If someone on the Internet makes a joke saying "Evil will always win, because good is dumb," I don't laugh, I feel heartbroken, because in real life we triumphed over the Nazis and killed Osama bin Ladin, and they want to make a joke considering of a statement that isn't even true. The show would never have this happen or allow it ever, but in certain episodes, such as Keep Calm and Flutter On, I kept on expecting Discord to hit Fluttershy and send her flying into a tree, then Fluttershy having a body that was motionless, and Discord spreading chaos, chaos that means bloodshed and agonizing ponies, and freedom dying, primarily because A Canterlot Wedding Part 2 had Celestia overpowered by Queen Chrysalis, the Changelings causing destruction in Canterlot, and the Elements of Harmony compromised all because of a stupid wedding. Why do I think such things? Was it because I was brought up in a Christian family that glorified the good in life and not the bad, and seeing what the world was offering made me want to think what they thought? If you ever felt some of the things that I seem to be feeling right now, or simply see this happening among your environment, or know about it, please respond and make me feel absolutely at home, floating my boat and viewing what is meant to be a children's show that's good enough for adults with a childlike innocence, considering that I'm a newcomer here. Heck, I'm usually happy about the show, but when it throws something at me that I feel sensitive too, I don't feel happy.

Oh, and if this topic is in the wrong board or forum, please move it over to the appropriate forum. I wouldn't mind the move at all as long as people can access my topic.

Remember, were a helping and caring community, not a mean spirited community. The show reflects that very strongly. Capishe.

Because you are in this situation and I know (or have a huge understanding of) what your going through I'm going to try to help you by explaining your way of thought.

While reading your post I sense that something else is going on. I believe that something may have happened in you life that may have caused you to see certain thing in black and white. It could have been a horrible experience, moment. It could have been something you saw. Whatever the case I believe something in your past caused something to make you see things in black and white.

Another option which you have stated is the way you were raised. You may have been raised to see the good in the world, but was unprepared to see the bad. This however should have to be backed up by some sort of 

I'm sorry. 

Look at me I'm not even sure myself why you see things like this. I just wanted to try and help you. I read your post and felt a need to at least let you know that someone heard you.

While my post may not answer your question, I hope it a least helped you a bit.

Whatever is the case know that there are those of use who have shared your way of thought. 

Our lives may seem down sometimes. But we must never give in to despair.

We must look for ways to keep ourselves happy and make sure we conquer the difficulties of our lives. 

And above all

We must never lose HOPE.

Well, I see in color, and I can easily tell Twilight Sparkle is purple, but this black and white business means that I can't see some things for more than they are. I have a really good family who has raised me well and has taught me right from wrong. They're good parents, and my siblings are good siblings, too. A side effect of asperger's syndrome may be that I think irrationally and that I do repetitive actions. It's pretty good advice, and it might help me in the near future. Maybe I should be posting these kind of thing up on an autism forum or something. Or does this belong well here? Just asking.

Oh, and I also read the summary of A Canterlot Wedding Part 1, and found out the wedding rehearsal took place the next day, and considering Twilight slept, she felt calm and collective in the morning, and I think this was one of the reasons why she didn't react so violently against her buddies, her brother, and her teacher. Maybe she really is autistic or something?

I would like to say that Twilight was not killed in that video. She was caught at the end by Luna before she landed on the ground. Injured? Yes. Bleeding? Yes, but she was not killed. I look at this video as a small section in what could be a rather large story. Our hero, facing off against the evils of Equestria alone loses and falls. As she believes she is about to die, her life flashes before her eyes, but just when she is about to die, is saved to fight another day. I looked at the video three times and Celestia IS in a cocoon but she has not been turned into a changling. Further, here friends look beaten but that don't look dead. 

I think you are choosing to see more black then white here. I saw this video some time ago and it never left me with the impression of death. It left me with the impression of hope. Twilight was saved. Luna was still free and could help her rescue her friends and defeat Discord and Crys. Sometimes we have to choose to see the light, even when seeing the Black is easier.

Aspergers or not, sometimes very logical thinkers (Left Brained People) have difficulty interpretting and analyzing things holistically (as a whole), as holistic thinking is a function of the right hemisphere of the brain. As such, left brained people tend to "see" things more as black and white or rationally.

A left brained person would be more inclined to believe that stealing no matter the context is wrong, where as a right brained person would be more apt to believe that stealing can be justified, if done for the right reasons.

left-brain-right-brain.png

The reason you may have difficulty "seeing" beyond what is may be because you are left brained. Now, that's not to say it's impossible for you to think holistically, it's just something that is more difficult for you than for someone who is right brained.

Now, I'm no psycologist, there could very well be a different reason why you think this way. But I hope it helps!