Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Avarice Unleashed - RP Thread

Pripyat Pony

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/47939-avarice-unleashed-rp/

______________________________________________________________________________________

In Trottingham, preparations are ongoing for a festival when the paintings are taken from the town hall and put out so that ponies can see them. One such painting shows a dragon pony named Avarice who had lived several centuries ago and had done nothing but cause mayhem. She had messed with the seasons, with day and night, and had caused much mischief before Luna and Celestia had defeated her with the Elements Of Harmony and trapped her within the painting.

Avarice has a unicorn's horn, dragon's wings and teeth, a metallic mane and tail and a pony body. Back in the old days, she was  a very dangerous threat, and all of Equestria had breathed a sigh of relief when she was finally contained. Avarice had an alliance with the changelings, which doubled the mischief she was able to do. Now, most ponies have forgotten all about the evil dragon pony, but since the power of the Elements changed alliegences from the Princesses to the mane six, their grip on Avarice is weakening day by day...

Eventually, the day came when Avarice could no longer remain trapped in the painting. She escaped and immediately contacted her old allies, the changelings. Queen Chrysalis is dead, but there are new leaders now who thirst for revenge against Equestria. Avarice has an army at her command, and above all, she wants to take Equestria over and defeat the Princesses once and for all.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Clover was looking at the paintings that had been taken from the Trottingham town hall on a rare outing from her home. The unicorn pony usually was busy with her job writing spellbooks and inventing new spells and rarely ventured outside, but there was to be a festival on soon so she had decided to go out for a change. She walked hurriedly past one painting, that showed a demonic dragon pony rearing up against a background of a blasted heath. Clover hated this painting, for reasons she couldn't quite explain. As she walked past, she caught a movement in the corner of her eye and whipped round, just in time to see the figure in the painting move.

The white unicorn stood there, horrorstruck, as the evil creature walked out of the lifesize painting to stand in front of her. Avarice smiled nastily. "Surprised to see me, cupcake?" she said with a snicker. "Don't try to stop me, you wouldn't stand a chance." She looked round at the other Trottingham ponies. "And that goes for the rest of you."

Clover backed away. She was no coward but this creature in front of her was nothing she had ever heard of. She could not think of anything to do...

Edited by Pripyat Pony

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firebolt was happily trotting around to look at the beautiful paintings, when she noticed a small group forming around one of the paintings. Curious, she went to investigate, and found a creature that couldn't be a pony coming out of a painting and looking at a white unicorn. The creature said something, but Firebolt didn't understand what she was saying.

Firebolt pushed some ponies aside to get closer, and suddenly she recognized the painting.

It was one of those paintings she really didn't like. What's going on? she thought, and then she dared to ask. What's going on? she asked the white unicorn.

In Trottingham, preparations are ongoing for a festival when the paintings are taken from the town hall and put out so that ponies can see them. One such painting shows a dragon pony named Avarice who had lived several centuries ago and had done nothing but cause mayhem. She had messed with the seasons, with day and night, and had caused much mischief before Luna and Celestia had defeated her with the Elements Of Harmony and trapped her within the painting.

Avarice has a unicorn's horn, dragon's wings and teeth, a metallic mane and tail and a pony body. Back in the old days, she was  a very dangerous threat, and all of Equestria had breathed a sigh of relief when she was finally contained. Avarice had an alliance with the changelings, which doubled the mischief she was able to do. Now, most ponies have forgotten all about the evil dragon pony, but since the power of the Elements changed alliegences from the Princesses to the mane six, their grip on Avarice is weakening day by day...

Eventually, the day came when Avarice could no longer remain trapped in the painting. She escaped and immediately contacted her old allies, the changelings. Queen Chrysalis is dead, but there are new leaders now who thirst for revenge against Equestria. Avarice has an army at her command, and above all, she wants to take Equestria over and defeat the Princesses once and for all.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Clover was looking at the paintings that had been taken from the Trottingham town hall on a rare outing from her home. The unicorn pony usually was busy with her job writing spellbooks and inventing new spells and rarely ventured outside, but there was to be a festival on soon so she had decided to go out for a change. She walked hurriedly past one painting, that showed a demonic dragon pony rearing up against a background of a blasted heath. Clover hated this painting, for reasons she couldn't quite explain. As she walked past, she caught a movement in the corner of her eye and whipped round, just in time to see the figure in the painting move.

The white unicorn stood there, horrorstruck, as the evil creature walked out of the lifesize painting to stand in front of her. Avarice smiled nastily. "Surprised to see me, cupcake?" she said with a snicker. "Don't try to stop me, you wouldn't stand a chance." She looked round at the other Trottingham ponies. "And that goes for the rest of you."

Clover backed away. She was no coward but this creature in front of her was nothing she had ever heard of. She could not think of anything to do...

Firebolt was happily trotting around to look at the beautiful paintings, when she noticed a small group forming around one of the paintings. Curious, she went to investigate, and found a creature that couldn't be a pony coming out of a painting and looking at a white unicorn. The creature said something, but Firebolt didn't understand what she was saying.

Firebolt pushed some ponies aside to get closer, and suddenly she recognized the painting.

It was one of those paintings she really didn't like. What's going on? she thought, and then she dared to ask. What's going on? she asked the white unicorn.

Ace walked out of the town's libary before he would check the paintings, "There are no new books there so far this vacation is a waste" Ace looked over to see a group forming around a certian panting courious he walked over and saw a strange pony standing over two others. "Who's the multie speciels pony thing?" Ace asked not really seeing this thing dangerous.

Clover looked at Firebolt and the stranger, who she didn't know, but remembered seeing around Ponyville when she'd gone to deliver spellbooks to the library.

"I don't know," she gasped. "Suddenly, this dragon pony came out of the painting!"

Avarice laughed. "I am Avarice," she said. "Your precious Princesses may have defeated me before, but they won't get the chance now! I will see to that."

With that, the monster spread her dragon wings and flew up into the sky, leaving behind a group of panicky ponies.

"Wait! Come back!" Firebolt yelled at Avarice, but she was already gone. "I'm sure this can't be good" Firebolt sighed. "What do we do now? I don't thrust that Avarice, she seems very dangerous. Maybe we should inform somepony? But who..." Firebolt was thinking out loud. "Well, what do you guys think? I'm Firebolt, by the way."

Edited by Lightning Dust

"Wait! Come back!" Firebolt yelled at Avarice, but she was already gone. "I'm sure this can't be good" Firebolt sighed. "What do we do now? I don't thrust that Avarice, she seems very dangerous. Maybe we should inform somepony? But who..." Firebolt was thinking out loud. "Well, what do you guys think? I'm Firebolt, by the way."

Clover looked at Firebolt and the stranger, who she didn't know, but remembered seeing around Ponyville when she'd gone to deliver spellbooks to the library.

"I don't know," she gasped. "Suddenly, this dragon pony came out of the painting!"

Avarice laughed. "I am Avarice," she said. "Your precious Princesses may have defeated me before, but they won't get the chance now! I will see to that."

With that, the monster spread her dragon wings and flew up into the sky, leaving behind a group of panicky ponies.

Ace's jaw hit the floor. "Wait, Avarice? Have I heard that name before? Hmmm" Ace's eyes widen as the memory came back in his head. "Avarice?! I thought she was just a myth!! Oh no! She's real! This is both terrifing and cool at the same time!" Ace yelled pacing back and forth.

"Who's Avarice?" Clover asked. She'd watched the dragon pony until she'd vanished into the clouds, and had a very bad feeling about this.

"I never saw anything like her before. Whatever did she mean about being stopped by the Princesses? She must have been around a long time ago."

Book Quill came out of the hotel. Finally! A break from the constant flow of doctors, teachers, scientists, and psychic energy. Although she felt sorry for her daughter- sometimes that sorrow and love was the only thing that kept her going- even she occasionally needed a break. And inspiration for her next book. This festival might be able to provide that...

Taking her lexicon, she walked around a bit before seeing a posse of panicking ponies. Say that ten times fast... not now, of course.

She walked up. "What happened here?"

Firebolt took a look at the pony. She knew instantly the new pony meant good, and decided to tell her. "Some sort of pony-like creature just walked out of a painting like it was nothing and referred to itself as Avarice" Firebolt told her. "Then she flew away"

Upon hearing Avarice, she let out a gasp. "Avarice? You mean that dragon pony from legend?" She opened her lexicon- a steel spiked book cover- and read it. "But... I thought that the painting was in Canterlot! Not in Trottingham!" She began pacing... and thinking. What a powerful monster! But... however... isn't this what I was after? A little adventure...?

She looked up. "Great! Inspiration for my new book! Are we chasing her?"

"I don't know... I don't think we can catch up with her. Even if we were fast enough, i don't think we'd be powerful enough to stop her. I mean, i think she's too powerful to just walk over to and say 'Hey, you, avarice, yeah you, get back in that painting for me, will ya?' So... I dunnno" Firebolt said.

"Well, we have to do something!" She began pacing. Thinking. Avarice? She was defeated by her own greed... and, of course the Elements of Harmony. With her mind working in overdrive, she blurted, "Did you know that avarice is another, fancier word for greed?" She stopped herself. "Sorry... my mouth can think ahead of my brain at time."

(I will not use any plan in which the final step is horribly complicated, e.g. "Align the 12 Stones of Power on the sacred altar then activate the medallion at the moment of total eclipse." Instead it will be more along the lines of "Push the button."

- Peter's Evil Overlord List, #85)

"Well, we have to do something!" She began pacing. Thinking. Avarice? She was defeated by her own greed... and, of course the Elements of Harmony. With her mind working in overdrive, she blurted, "Did you know that avarice is another, fancier word for greed?" She stopped herself. "Sorry... my mouth can think ahead of my brain at time."

(I will not use any plan in which the final step is horribly complicated, e.g. "Align the 12 Stones of Power on the sacred altar then activate the medallion at the moment of total eclipse." Instead it will be more along the lines of "Push the button."

- Peter's Evil Overlord List, #85)

"Yeah, I read about her once she was defeated by the elements, I thought that was just a myth but if she's unleashed once again them our best bet is to tell Princess Clestia." Ace said looking around at the paniking ponies. Avarice...she casued alot of mayham the last time she was around.

"Yes," Clover replied. "That's the best thing to do. We had better get the train to Canterlot straight away!"

Meanwhile, Avarice had flown extremely fast and had met up with one of her old allies, the changelings. The changelings had suffered a great deal since their defeat at Canterlot at the hooves of Princess Cadance and Shining Armour. Their leader, Queen Chrysalis, had been killed and the others scattered; it had taken months before they had found each other again and were able to count their losses. Cicada had been the second in command and now assumed leadership. She found in Avarice a similar view; a thirst for revenge and dominion over Equestria. But the dragon pony had an even more fiendish plan. She, along with Cicada and a second changeling, were to infiltrate the palace and trap the Princesses in time bubbles; a talent of Avarice. These time bubbles would ensure that the alicorns would be trapped in time and would not be able to free themselves. So that the ponies would not suspect anything, Avarice was to raise the sun and moon herself using her powers, and Cicada and the other changeling were to impersonate the Princesses. Cicada had already decided that she would take Celestia's place.

Avarice insisted that the plan be carried out straight away, so that they had the element of surprise; undoubtedly, the ponies who had witnessed her escape from the painting would head straight for Canterlot so it was vital they get there first. The plan was carried out with demonic speed and skill. Avarice was able to defeat and imprison Celestia after a hard battle, due partly to the element of surprise and also due to the fact that the Princesses no longer controlled the Elements of Harmony. The unconscious alicorn was imprisoned in a time bubble and put below the palace into the caves. Luna was defeated in much the same way; the moon alicorn being asleep at the time as was usual for her during the day. Now, Cicada assumed Celestia's form, revelling in the power she had due to the intense and considerable love that the ponies of Equestria had for their Princesses. She and the others settled down to wait for further events.

" I guess we'll better go pack some saddlebags and meet in about 5 minutes at the train station so we can go as soon as possible" Firebolt said with determination. "At least, if you're okay with it.." She added, aware of the fact that she shouldn't decide things on her own. "I bet that Avarice is already planning something evil in Canterlot, we gotta go right away!"

Moonshadow was walking through Trottingham, when he suddenly saw a strange figure racing away from the area at tremendous speed, it clearly wasn't anything he had ever seen before. Moonshadow was suddenly
overcome with the joy of a new experience and began to run towards the area where the figure had come from, thoughts racing through his mind. Upon arriving Moonshadow noticed a rather large group of ponies that
were chatting with each other in rushed tones, he ran up to the group to see that most were just civilians, some were guards, some were tourists like him.

'However...' Moonshadow thought to himself as he glanced at a small group of ponies who appeared to be
discussing what had happened with serious looks on their faces 'I'll ask them'. He made his way over to the ponies as one said

"I guess we'll better go pack some saddlebags and meet in about 5 minutes
at the train station so we can go as soon as possible", "At least, if you're okay with it..", "I bet that Avarice is already planning something evil in Canterlot, we gotta go right away!"

and asked casually "What happened?" but at the same time thoughts were churning away in Moonshadow's head, he remembered reading something about Avarice in his studies some kind of dragon-pony-thing from an old legend but he wasn't sure about much else, 'This could be fun'. He thought...

Edited by GoldenShield

She took off her backpack, "Good thing I was planning on leaving immediately after the festival." Book Quill said smiling. "And I have just the thing to get us an audience... as well as to-"

Moonshadow was walking through Trottingham, when he suddenly saw a strange figure racing away from the area at tremendous speed, it clearly wasn't anything he had ever seen before. Moonshadow was suddenly
overcome with the joy of a new experience and began to run towards the area where the figure had come from, thoughts racing through his mind. Upon arriving Moonshadow noticed a rather large group of ponies that
were chatting with each other in rushed tones, he ran up to the group to see that most were just civilians, some were guards, some were tourists like him.

'However...' Moonshadow thought to himself as he glanced at a small group of ponies who appeared to be
discussing what had happened with serious looks on their faces 'I'll ask them'. He made his way over to the ponies as one said

and asked casually "What happened?" but at the same time thoughts were churning away in Moonshadow's head, he remembered reading something about Avarice in his studies some kind of dragon-pony-thing from an old legend but he wasn't sure about much else, 'This could be fun'. He thought...

"Oh! Hello! We were just chasing after an evil dragon pony that escaped from a picture. By the way, did you know that avarice is a synonym for greed?"

She took off her backpack, "Good thing I was planning on leaving immediately after the festival." Book Quill said smiling. "And I have just the thing to get us an audience... as well as to-"

"Oh! Hello! We were just chasing after an evil dragon pony that escaped from a picture. By the way, did you know that avarice is a synonym for greed?"

"Oh, so that was Avarice flying off then" Moonshadow said "Escaped from a picture where the LEGEND SAID SHE WAS TRAPPED!" he exclaimed, remembering the rest of what he'd read, "trapped a long time ago by the princesses for wreaking mayhem all over Equestria, ooh that is some big evil there."

Turning to Firebolt Moonshadow said "yes getting to Canterlot would be an excellent idea and yes I am going with you guys" turning back to Book Quill "and yes I do know that avarice is a synonym for greed".

"My name's Moonshadow by the way and you are?" 'Darn I wish I had my amulet' Moonshadow lamented in his thoughts, it was a long trip to Canterlot but he could have contacted Princess Luna immediately if he hadn't left it in Ponyville but honestly how often can you expect to come into contact with an unspeakable ancient evil.

Edited by GoldenShield

"Okay, so I guess we'll meet at the train station in about 10 minutes, as everyone needs to pack their things. See ya soon!" Firebolt said, and upon saying that, she flew away to the hotel she was staying in.

"Hmm, what should I take along?" she thought, and then realized she didn't even pack a lot of stuff for her visit to Trottingham. "I guess I'll just pack everything I have here, there's only some practical stuff in here anyway..." She began packing some food, a few bottles of water, and some extra clothes in case it got cold. "Oh, I haven't used them in a long time, but I'll just pack my weapons in case I need them"

(OOC: haven't decided which weapons I'll take along yet)

Firebolt left her hotel room, but then remembered something. "Oh god, my hat and glasses!" she gasped and went back inside to retrieve them. "I'll just put on my hat, but with these glasses I won't see much anyway, I'll put them in my saddle bag."

Then she went downstairs the hotel, paid for the night she spend there, and went outside. "Now, where's that train station again..."

She pulled out a map of Trottingham, and searched for the station. -"Ah, there it is!"- and flew towards it.

"My name is Book Quill and I need to send a letter!" She dashed off. The back. "If you want to come, train station in 10 minutes!" She dashed off.

She sat down, thought for a bit, and started to write.

Dear Princess Celestia,

You said to come to you with problems, especially concerning my daughter, White Rose. Well... I have had several problems, some I wish not to express in this letter. Would it be possible if I were to speak to you tomorrow at 2 o'clock?

I await your response,

Book Quill

She sealed it and sent it with a little bit of dragon fire- she saved it in a jar- and then took off to the train station, awaiting a reply.

Clover dashed off, promising to meet the other ponies at the train station soon. She thought over which of her spellbooks she should take with her; it would be far too difficult, not to mention heavy, to take them all. "I suppose I'd better pack some food as well," she thought suddenly, smiling shamefacedly as she realised that she'd automatically put spellbooks in front of food. But after all, writing spellbooks and inventing spells was her job and what had inspired her cutie mark, so that wasn't surprising.

Cicada read the note from Book Quill and smiled evilly. Little did this pony know, but the take over had already happened and Celestia and Luna both imprisoned where nopony would find them. She decided to have the meeting; after all, with all the extra power she had, if this pony guessed that the Princess she was meeting was an imposter, Cicada would easily be able to defeat her. She sent off a message right away, agreeing to the meeting.

"I'm... *pant pant* finally... *pant* here". Firebolt reached the train station. Wait, where's everypony? "Oh, they are probably going to arrive any minute. I'll just wait until they get here..." she looked at her watch. "Well, they have 6 minutes left, they'll better hurry or they will miss the train to Canterlot!"

(OOC: I'm bored)

"I'm... *pant pant* finally... *pant* here". Firebolt reached the train station. Wait, where's everypony? "Oh, they are probably going to arrive any minute. I'll just wait until they get here..." she looked at her watch. "Well, they have 6 minutes left, they'll better hurry or they will miss the train to Canterlot!"

(OOC: I'm bored)

Ace walked over with a bags filled with odds and ends. "Ok, I'm here sorry it took me so long I had to think what we might need." Ace looked around. "The others arn't here yet? Wow were early arn't we?" Ace asked as he sat down and waited for teh others to appere. slow train

Clover came trotting up, wearing two saddlebags on her back which were bulging and clearly full. She'd packed her spellbooks one side and some food the other. "Is everypony here?" she said as soon as she got back her breath. "Am I the last? I couldn't decide on which spellbooks would be the most useful and in the end, I brought them both."

(OOC: is everybody here? I don't think so, we'll just have to wait a bit)

"Has everypony arrived? I don't think so..." Firebolt sighed. "The train will be here in a few minutes! So, what are we going to do when we are in Canterlot? Search for Princess Celestia and Princess Luna?"