VigilSerus' Artsy Fartsy Stuff (+1 new pic)

VigilSerus

Ive been drawing for a long time (since I was like... 5) and drew tons back in elementary school. Junior high kicked in and drawing dwindled off. Then I got to high school and I stopped almost all together (this was all mainly due to 3d modelling work I was improving, and schoolwork). I picked up drawing again about 6 months ago, and I was really shocked at how much my ability dwindled. So I went and got back on the horse (ehehe), and am now improving my skills tons. So here it is, my pony art:

First Pony Drawing

img-1141782-1-pinkie_pie_party_cannon_by

Window Meme Guy Pony

img-1141782-2-window_pony_by_trueshadows

Real Sisterhood

img-1141782-3-real_sisterhood_by_truesha

OC Stuff you might or might not care about

Original sheet for Atmos Natt (was unnamed at the time of drawing, hence "unnamed OC")

img-1141782-4-thall_pony_by_trueshadowsf

Semi-cemented version of Atmos Natt, cutie mark removed due to background story idea I have

img-1141782-5-atmos_natt_by_trueshadowsf

I've got a dA if anyone wants to get up-to-date releases of my pics (some may or may not be pony, I like to be varied). [http://trueshadowsfear.deviantart.com/] My tools of the trade are my iPad loaded with ArtStudio Pro (its amazing, I love it so much), a conductive pen, and my brain. Since I draw on the iPad, the canvas is the same size as the screen, so they are iPad wallpaper sized if anyone wants to make it their wallpaper ;D

Edited by VigilSerus
  • Brohoof 4

Z0pOkp8.png
"With the chord as my shepherd, I walk through the valley of the shadow of djent, I fear no fr0ts, for You are with me;

Your truss rod and Your saddle heights, they comfort me." - Psalm Mute 0:00

Thank you! Support always makes me want to draw more, and as a result, draw better, and therefore make more people happy. Might start another pic tonight. :D

Z0pOkp8.png
"With the chord as my shepherd, I walk through the valley of the shadow of djent, I fear no fr0ts, for You are with me;

Nicely done, and really was that one actually your first drawing?

It looks quite great

And I love the name Atmos Natt

It just sounds nice to say

And it also is pretty unique

His design is actually fairly well done

I specifically like the colors that you chose for him

V9tqq9y.png

It's my first pony drawing, not first drawing entirely. And thanks! I like to have meaning to my characters, in any sense of design and name. I was heavily inspired by the feeling of Vildhjarta's cleans. Atmos is a shortening of atmosphere and Natt is Swedish for night. The colors I chose were purely off of dark shadowy feelings, isolation, and lonesomeness. Kind of like he blends into the night. I'll make a background for him to show what I mean. The original design was just to be some kind of thall pony, but I scrapped that and replaced it with something more serious.

Z0pOkp8.png

It's my first pony drawing, not first drawing entirely. And thanks! I like to have meaning to my characters, in any sense of design and name. I was heavily inspired by the feeling of Vildhjarta's cleans. Atmos is a shortening of atmosphere and Natt is Swedish for night. The colors I chose were purely off of dark shadowy feelings, isolation, and lonesomeness. Kind of like he blends into the night. I'll make a background for him to show what I mean. The original design was just to be some kind of thall pony, but I scrapped that and replaced it with something more serious.

Wow and the only one of those things I had seen in your character

Was the Atmos = short for Atmospheric

It's a nice idea to have and it really does help me get into the character more

Knowing that it's not just some random pointless OC and that he actually has meaning towards him

All the way down to the character design

Bravo for that, my good friend

V9tqq9y.png

born_of_earth__waiting_for_a_purpose_by_

Finished this last night. So here is the begginings of Atmos Thall. Born of earth, waiting for a purpose. I have yet to create a full background story for him, but I feel like it's going to be a fun, exciting one.

Z0pOkp8.png