Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Social Networking Links

Bohtty

Hello,

This is just a thread to discuss social networking links and other methods of sharing your content. Based on a recent (9:50 est, 2/11/13) screenshot from feld0, the current social networking websites included are Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. In addition we will be able to embed the pony.fm music player on other websites.

As you can see from the image, the Facebook and Twitter buttons are the kind that shows likes/tweets as a counter.  It may seem small and insignificant, but I am against these kinds of counter buttons. When in the presence of other social networking buttons (that don't have a special counters) they look unbalanced and out of place. I would prefer social networking buttons that are simply the icons of the website they represent and link directly to the page as aposed to showing the likes or tweets from that page. Plus this way you can also more easily stylize the icon to match the website's design.

I'd also like to see Google+, StumbleUpon and just plain email buttons added.

Anyone else have any comments regarding the the ways to share your content? Any other websites you think should be added?

The referenced screenshot:

post-3976-0-61871600-1360638177_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1