Help, please?

Critical Hit

Okay, so, my mom and I have to spend the night at my nanny's house, cause she's not doing well, but she doesn't have internet, and her computer doesn't have java installed.

It runs windows 7, but I'm on an xp right now, so can someone (who runs W7) copy their java folder, zip it, and send it my way? Like, upload it to mediafire or something? Cause I'd like to play some Minecraft tonight.

Okay, so, my mom and I have to spend the night at my nanny's house, cause she's not doing well, but she doesn't have internet, and her computer doesn't have java installed.

It runs windows 7, but I'm on an xp right now, so can someone (who runs W7) copy their java folder, zip it, and send it my way? Like, upload it to mediafire or something? Cause I'd like to play some Minecraft tonight.

You should be able to download the install file for Java for Windows 7 using your XP computer. The difference in the OS won't stop you downloading it, only installing it on your XP machine, which you aren't wanting to do in any case.

You should be able to download the install file for Java for Windows 7 using your XP computer. The difference in the OS won't stop you downloading it, only installing it on your XP machine, which you aren't wanting to do in any case.

Tried that, but it just downloaded the installer, which, in turn, downloads the actual program, so unless I run the installer, I won't get the actual archive to copy onto a USB drive.

Also, Bohtty, I'm not there yet, I'm leaving in about a half hour, and I'm running 32x XP, so I can't run the W7 installer.

Edited by Critical Hit

Tried that, but it just downloaded the installer, which, in turn, downloads the actual program, so unless I run the installer, I won't get the actual archive to copy onto a USB drive.

Also, Bohtty, I'm not there yet, I'm leaving in about a half hour, and I'm running 32x XP, so I can't run the W7 installer.

If you can't run the installer, you can't run the program itself. There is a reason it's for Windows 7, it has features earlier versions of Windows do not support.

If you can't run the installer, you can't run the program itself. There is a reason it's for Windows 7, it has features earlier versions of Windows do not support.

I know that, I just need the archive so I can install it on her computer, which, as I said before, doesn't have internet currently, but runs 7.

If you want me to respond in the future please quote or @mention me.

Just download the offline windows java.

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Now take it and put it on the other computer, problem solved.

• Brohoof 1

If you want me to respond in the future please quote or @mention me.

Just download the offline windows java.

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Now take it and put it on the other computer, problem solved.

THANK YOU!

I've actually looked for this for a while, but apparently missed it even though it's been right under my nose.

*brohoof*

Edited by Critical Hit