Friends because ponies

cjr88

Ya know what one of my best friends and I wouldn't even be friends if not for ponies! Ya see, after I started watching the show and found out what a brony was, (in that order) I decided "ya know what If I'm going crazy I'm going to drag some people down with me." So, I made a mental list of people I knew that one, I had enough influence over to make watch something they didn't want to watch and two, were strange enough to like the show. All the people I showed the show liked it and most of them continued to watch it. But, one of the people on my mental list was an acquaintance that was a reel silly guy. So, every once in a while for about a two weeks I told him that he was going to be a brony. This confused him and when he asked what a brony was I just laughed. and eventually invited him to my house telling him that I was going to make him a brony, and he accepted my invitation, happy that he was finally going to find out what I was taking about. So when he came over after talking and hanging out for a bit we sat down I opened my laptop click into my "MLP" folder and told him that he was being forced to watch my Little Pony. He was totally apposed to it but I was bigger than him so accepted he didn't have a chose and we watched an episode he just made fun of every thing he could. after the episode was over we when on a walk and he continued to poke fun at the show (never making fun of me for watching the show though). Eventually realizing that he wanted to see another episode, he had a little mental breakdown. After about 15 min he regained his sanity, and accepted that fact that he liked the show and I welcomed him to the herd. now he is one of my best friend, and we never would have become friends if not for ponies. This is the best fandom I've ever seen!

I think I have friends in spite of ponies. They're all women, and I am actually the youngest of the bunch, at 24, they don't really like the whole brony thing, both not getting it and finding some of the people disturbing (and I tell them horror stories because lolz)

so they have said they won't be seen with me if I like get a MLP shirt or something to that end

can't say I ever had a mental breakdown about liking a show

Can't visit Ponyville? Show up and say you can't!

Well, I'll be honest. I haven't met anyone in real life because of MLP, but I have met a lot of awesome people online because of it, mainly on this forum.

• Brohoof 1

My OC

Stay pony my friends

"And ALWAYS remember...to never forget." - Someone who I'm sure has said this before I did

Without ponies I never would've found this site, therefore I'd never have met my special somepony. And that would SUCK. ^_^

I think about how ponies have affected my life sometimes, and it makes me laugh. Pretty much everything that makes me happy now has to do with ponies in some way.

Also because of ponies, I never would've found this site, as I said. And that'd suck. Because all you guys are way better than the people where I live. There aren't many bronies where I live either.

We're all friends here in some way..I really do love the fandom. :)

Edited by Princess Nightingale
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I'll be honest. I haven't met anyone in real life because of MLP, but I have met a lot of awesome people online because of it, mainly on this forum.

you gotta get out there and such more often and such. I let my pony magic the gathering tokens talk for me, and they work wonders...though I don't much play the game

Can't visit Ponyville? Show up and say you can't!

I met a couple of friends/mild acquaintances at my school in result of my wearing a Fluttershy bag, and a few odd people who seem to be only half in the know of what Bronies are(one pronounces the term as "Brahnies") and consistently harass me about how much they love my bag and Bronies, whilst not being Bronies/Pegasisters themselves. One of the peepz I've met actually comes out with me to the paintball park every once in a while.

Online, I've met quite a few peepz I consider decent friends/acquaintances due to ponies(e.g. some of you freaks).

However, I haven't converted any real life friends over to the fandom, Mainly due to an overall lack of friends and the fact that I don't normally talk about it unless someone brings up the subject.

καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει
καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

you gotta get out there and such more often and such. I let my pony magic the gathering tokens talk for me, and they work wonders...though I don't much play the game

Pony MtG tokens?  I'm intrigued, where do you find these?  I happen to be a fan of the card game myself, and getting a legion of 1/1 elf tokens with ponies on them would be amusing to say the least.

Concerning the topic, I have never found friends (other than you guys on this forum of course) because of being a brony since I tend to not be very open about it.  It's more that friends I have find out that I'm a brony and I find out whether or not they are one too.

"Ceterum censeo background ponies delendas esse" - Stellafera

AS9001Sig_zps4d1010f8.png

Credit for the Octavia vector goes to the awesome Harmonic Revelations

Credit for the creation of my avatar and signature goes to the amazing Wubsie

Once again, thanks!

I met a couple of friends/mild acquaintances at my school in result of my wearing a Fluttershy bag, and a few odd people who seem to be only half in the know of what Bronies are(one pronounces the term as "Brahnies") and consistently harass me about how much they love my bag and Bronies, whilst not being Bronies/Pegasisters themselves. One of the peepz I've met actually comes out with me to the paintball park every once in a while.

Online, I've met quite a few peepz I consider decent friends/acquaintances due to ponies(e.g. some of you freaks).

However, I haven't converted any real life friends over to the fandom, Mainly due to an overall lack of friends and the fact that I don't normally talk about it unless someone brings up the subject.

I'm sort of lucky in that in my school people really tend not to care when people are odd. I wear my Rainbow Dash sweat shirt to school sometimes and I have yet to get picked on about it. And the shirt as really as girly as a Rainbow Dash sweat shirt can get. Actually the worst remark I ever got from wearing pony merch to school was once a guy said "ew a brony." there actually is a hand full of people in my school who wear pony merch pretty regularly. the odd thing is I have more bony friends in real life then I have on the internet. But that's because I've been real shy in the internet until recently.

Without ponies I never would've found this site, therefore I'd never have met my special somepony. And that would SUCK. ^_^

I think about how ponies have affected my life sometimes, and it makes me laugh. Pretty much everything that makes me happy now has to do with ponies in some way.

Also because of ponies, I never would've found this site, as I said. And that'd suck. Because all you guys are way better than the people where I live. There aren't many bronies where I live either.

We're all friends here in some way..I really do love the fandom. :)

We really are all friends here. This fandom is really a safe place to be. It's an Ideal community that simply doesn't tolerate people harassing on another. It really is a great community to be in

• Brohoof 1

I have only met children who point out the ponies on what I wear/carry...  I am often in a big city too (don't live there but travel there often), and have yet to really have a conversation about ponies to anyone anywhere near my age (21)

I actually lost a lot of friends through ponies :(   , for those who knew me, they thought I went off the deep end and wanted nothing to do with me anymore because they said I had changed (I was no longer a tough, strong woman and such)...some friends they were.  Following this show is drastically different from who I am and it must have just utterly shocked the people who thought they knew me.  But change is part of life, and I am not any softer for it (well except maybe for the color pink but only on Pinkie Pie).

"In fire iron is born, by fire it is tamed"

• 8 years later...