MLP Background Submissions?

Zero000

Hey, I notice every now and then our backgrounds to the entire site change. It being Winter we have a snowy background currently.

I just wanted to lay down some suggestions that we make a thread for members to submit new designs. Sites like Equestria Daily change theirs every day or so right? Although you may have some people in charge of this, but I think we have a lot of great artists in our members, and we should try to change our backgrounds more often!

For example, February is upon us, and we could feature Cherilee and Macintosh. :)

Edited by Zero

Yeah, I guess this could be cool.

Really all we'd need from the Admin side of things are the dimensions of the images.

From there I'm guessing a sub-forum in Octavia's Hall could suffice for this purpose.

"Background Submissions"

Although, I'm fairly content with the way things are set up now. I like having the regular background (or in this case the winter background) as the main thing, and then having my own custom background for my profile page. I still wouldn't mind seeing amazing background art though ;)

This could be achieved, but at much stress of our creative members. Our most active contributers are Grendo (the origional vector designer and creator of the origional page background and also the current banner) and Nico (the creator of the current winter theme). Both of these were created at the expense of hours of work and would be difficult to change for every single month, especially with a visually appealing, yet background fitting design. We are also not a site that gets millions of daily hits and hundreds of daily fanart submission, and the art would have to be created by our own users.

This could be achieved, but at much stress of our creative members. Our most active contributers are Grendo (the origional vector designer and creator of the origional page background and also the current banner) and Nico (the creator of the current winter theme). Both of these were created at the expense of hours of work and would be difficult to change for every single month, especially with a visually appealing, yet background fitting design. We are also not a site that gets millions of daily hits and hundreds of daily fanart submission, and the art would have to be created by our own users.

i agree, as o current we may not have the Current pony resources to ahcieve thus, as he has stated.

I say we just blow this up and make it the new background:

Posted Image

I couldn't agree more. ;) Edited by Tom