Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Steampunk is Magic?

Celestial Panzerhund

I loved engineering and ponies. (Yes... including ponies) And then I found steampunk. I always thought of steampunk as an engineering thing so I thought: What would Euquestria be like if it was in the steampunk era? What do YOU think of how it would be? And please; if you know a lot about ssteampunk, explain it to me, in kind of new to it.

Man, i love steampunk.

Simply put, steampunk is a genre that encompesses worlds that had their technology advance through steam power, rather than oil or solar and things. It usually has no real electricity, and is often set in the victorian era style, and often has victorian style dress and building. A good example is the bioshock series, and actually many people point out the steampunk technologies in MLP too.

Well in my experience in game's such as gurp's and The idea's that a few of my friend's explained it to me is think of it this way.

If Steam teck went farther then just steam engines and whatnot what about steam powered Car's, Rifles and grenades this world is all based around that principle that there is nothing better except more advanced machinery. This unfortunately leaves Medicine in the dust as well as sanitation and the danger's of such thing's keep piling up. 

If Euquestria was in this era it would look much like Victorian era earth, Much more Soot on the street's, Mud and grime, And opium on every corner, more Tobacco use along with more Theater usesage as it's main source of Entertainment. Let's look at ponyvill for example apple jack's farm would be ether moved from it's position or Blighted due to the massive polution in the air from the new foundry's making horse shoes by the dozen.

It's not a vary pretty era but the teck would be amazing.

Man, i love steampunk.

Simply put, steampunk is a genre that encompesses worlds that had their technology advance through steam power, rather than oil or solar and things. It usually has no real electricity, and is often set in the victorian era style, and often has victorian style dress and building. A good example is the bioshock series, and actually many people point out the steampunk technologies in MLP too.

I always found that bioshock infinite was a steampunk thing. It looks really cool but I don't have the game unsure.png

Well in my experience in game's such as gurp's and The idea's that a few of my friend's explained it to me is think of it this way.

If Steam teck went farther then just steam engines and whatnot what about steam powered Car's, Rifles and grenades this world is all based around that principle that there is nothing better except more advanced machinery. This unfortunately leaves Medicine in the dust as well as sanitation and the danger's of such thing's keep piling up. 

If Euquestria was in this era it would look much like Victorian era earth, Much more Soot on the street's, Mud and grime, And opium on every corner, more Tobacco use along with more Theater usesage as it's main source of Entertainment. Let's look at ponyvill for example apple jack's farm would be ether moved from it's position or Blighted due to the massive polution in the air from the new foundry's making horse shoes by the dozen.

It's not a vary pretty era but the teck would be amazing.

I always thought of Flim and Flam when they faced the apple family... The brothers that made the cider. They looked as if the closest to steampunk and their machinery that made the cider. What if they came from the steampunk world!? laugh.png

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Indeed, One such famous instance is the Shadowrun universe of 2077 Seattle is a main power and magic came back to the world, The world desolated by the process known as Goblinisation and the Generated H.M.H.V.V (Human, Metahuman Vamparic virus) and the dragon's of old coming to the planet.

Yup real lively universe.

it's pen and paper Rpg, And the virus dosn't kill just changes you into a horrid monster depending on what race you were born (Elf, Dwarf, Human, Orc, Troll,) And let's not forget the matrix... and not the sissy movie, This one will destroy you because it has gained power in it's worship over the year's.

the virus although rare is common enough to scare people, and Dragon's rarely influence people outside of the megacorp's.

And trust me the world is still alive i mean... That's just one nation we haven't even gotten to Chicago and it's bug problem.  

Oh hell yeahs! Steampunk is the shit! img-1571008-1-biggrin.png

I would explain what it is if not those above me had already done that so well. 

If you want ideas on how mlp would look if it were steampunk I advice you to check this out

http://nastylady.deviantart.com/

Sorry bro, but I have K-9 web protection so I can't see what it looks like. dry.png

it's pen and paper Rpg, And the virus dosn't kill just changes you into a horrid monster depending on what race you were born (Elf, Dwarf, Human, Orc, Troll,) And let's not forget the matrix... and not the sissy movie, This one will destroy you because it has gained power in it's worship over the year's.

the virus although rare is common enough to scare people, and Dragon's rarely influence people outside of the megacorp's.

And trust me the world is still alive i mean... That's just one nation we haven't even gotten to Chicago and it's bug problem.  

When you say matrix it reminds me of the movie series "Matrix" but if the game has an RPG base to it then that's even better.

The matrix ripped off basically the book that predicted the internet known as Nuro-Mancer it's one of the SiFi  Dreadnoughts, If you want to see more of cyber punk esk stuff look up, johnny mnemonic, and one of my favorites Blade runner, also if you want just Sifi and you're looking for a crazy world look up Logan's run .

Blade runner has Harrison ford, AkA Badass dood.

Dieselpunk/Cyberpunk master race reporting in.

I love any kind of *punk style, steampunk is my third favorite besides diesel and cyber. There's just something special about all of them styles. No matter who I talk to everyone finds it a pretty bangin' concept. I love the Victorian Steampunk take the most, just anything steampunk is awesome in my eyes, although there are some bad examples too.

If MLP would advance in steamteck I think they would develop more modes of travel for non-pegasi, and a way to make pegasi fly even faster. Of course the obvious prosthetics will also play a main role in society. Life would be simpler through steamteck, we'd have some kind of golems with some intelligence helping the ponies out. We'd have new dressing styles which Rarity can go bonkers over. And of course we'll have more automation, we'd get factories, Applejack will have a hard time competing against them. Perhaps we can go into automatizing writing and a means to save information, making books obsolete.

Oh, and Cloudsdale will become accessible to the ones bound on the ground. The Everfree forest will probably be cut down for more materials as well as the rivers will become more polluted, poor Fluttershy. 

We'll get a new middle-class known as the workers, everyone will have more money unless you're still part of the low-class, which will have close to nothing. There'll be more security against crime and less social interactions. Markets will still exist although they'll be much more smaller than the ones we've seen on the show. And we'll see the uprising of our daily superhero: The mall!

So on one hoof life would be so much easier for the ponies on the other hoof the nature will be in danger as well as many people will be put out of business, there'll be changes for the world on a grand scale. 

Funny, I thought that Ponies kind of WAS in a victorian/steampunk era. 

I mean just look! They have trains and blimps and balloons and whatever the hell the super-speedy-cider-squeezy 6000 is. Twilight has what appears to be Tesla's laboratory in her basement. Canterlot has that giant Observatory. They are practically a steampunk society already!

I'm going to argue that magic is there power source so it's not steam punk, and zeppelin's don't really count because in there world they probably have it filled with hot air and power the propeller with a magical engine. and twilight's lab could all be chemical power/Or magical battery'ed but eh it's just a show maybe there at the brink of becoming that era. 

Okay, so if markets become smaller, will the corporations that make the products become more scarce or stay the same? I can also see fluttershy gathering her animals and start a protest outside of the town saying: "No more pollution!" or "No more animal abuse!" something like that. One more thing, what will the upper class be?