Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This is insane but......

Noble

What if there are alicorns for the different galaxys and stars and solar systems? It sounds insane but we know that the sun and moon require magic to move but what about the others?

• Brohoof 3

Well. Ummmm... I have no idea. I mean its possible. That's a very good question but that means there would be billions upon billions of alicorn gods which would be weird. They could have  a meet up every year. XD All the alicorns get together and socialize over there godly awesomeness

• Brohoof 4

It's all about headcanon right now when you think about those things. We don't even know why sun and moon have to be raised and lowered by someone at all in pony-world.

In my headcanon there should at least be a third alicorn for the very earth. The "tripled nature" of sun, moon and earth is a motif we find in many different cultures and religions. I could extend that here right now, but that would be over-interpretation all over again, I think.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It's possible, from what the show's explained so far. It depends on how Celestia and Luna raise the sun and moon. If they move them by actually rotating the planet like Earth, then it would follow that there's a system similar to orbit in place, and there wouldn't be any need for alicorns to move the planets. But if they just move the sun and moon themselves, then there isn't an orbit, and if there are other planets out there, then they would need to be moved by alicorns. 

Edited by Fire_Fly

(edited)

Apparently Celestia and Luna's parents are Alicorns that can control Galaxy's and Stars. It's nothing canon or anything I just saw this beautiful fan art here..

http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Little-Princesses-207762086

( Make sure to give the original artist credit which is NOT me ) 

img-1580341-1-little_princesses_by_spyro

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 1

Well. Ummmm... I have no idea. I mean its possible. That's a very good question but that means there would be billions upon billions of alicorn gods which would be weird. They could have  a meet up every year. XD All the alicorns get together and socialize over there godly awesomeness

imagine the epicness if there was a episode about all of them meeting and maybe fighting like a I dunno.. A rockwolf or something like that

(edited)

ALIEN PONIES EXIST!!! time to bring out the tinfoil hats, guys biggrin.png

jk, i think its a pretty interesting theory. my personal theory was more that alicorn family lineage is more similar to that of greek mythology. the first alicorns were the most powerful and had control over the most abstract things like time/space, the heavens, etc. kinda like the primordial deities of greek mythology. as the generations pass, the new alicorns power is always more sub-categorized than the older/parent alicorn. like celestia having power over the sun, and luna the moon. cadence has power over... love? i think. twilight (the newest alicorn) now has the power of friendship.

also, maybe the "pony titans" doesn't only consist of alicorn ponies. maybe discord is or descended from one of of the original deities.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

Crazytaco probably has it about right.  It looks like there might be (demi-)gods/goddesses for the constellations, like the Ursa Minor and Major (though the dialogue speaks of "an" Ursa Major rather than "the" Ursa Major), so maybe we will one day get to meet "the Capricorn" or "Taurus."  Given its target demo, the show will most likely keep the mythology pretty simple by sticking with the Princesses, but I think it would be pretty cool to see encounters with much older, vaster deities (ancient "Primordial" deities responsible for things like the expansion of space or the creation of light as such, or whoever/whatever governs the precession of the equinoxes, galactic-scale deities to whom "a thousand years" is an eyeblink, and so on.

Another possible view could be that Equestria is a Matrix simulation, or perhaps their "universe" is the interior of a gigantic generation starship, the magic is Arthur C. Clarke's "sufficiently-advanced technology," and the Princesses are the vessel's equivalent of senior life-support technicians (or subroutines?).  In this model, the Sun would be a relatively small (as compared with a real star) source of heat and light that Celestia controls.  Luna controls a similarly-sized Moon (a kind of night-light for the darkened cooling phase of the overall temperature-control system) and the "stars," which are lights on the inner surface of the life-support sphere or dome.  The ponies themselves have long forgotten that their distant ancestors built the great ship and sent it on its way, and have no idea of the plans the Builders set in motion for them when it reaches its destination...