Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Trotting Dead [Reboot/Fresh Start]

The Ponyville Critic

"Well, good. I think I need your help." Ghost took a deep breath. "Doctor, after the outbreak began, I lost most memory of what happened before it. Maybe you could me..." The mention of Zycrin made Ghost stop in his sentence. "What? HE'S coming here?? I guess everypony has a price on their heads these days."

Edited by Stevenearthpony

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand let out a voiced sigh, "So your suddenly a doctor now? This is ludacris! perhaps theres a full moon out tonight and its just a passing case of Lunacy" she said, checking outside, though it was still too light out to properly see the moon. Now clearly I am not pushing any sense into you, so please just watch what you say around Caramel, we dont need her getting all scared" she said, still trying to think of reasons as to why her friends had suddenly become crazy

Grand let out a voiced sigh, "So your suddenly a doctor now? This is ludacris! perhaps theres a full moon out tonight and its just a passing case of Lunacy" she said, checking outside, though it was still too light out to properly see the moon. Now clearly I am not pushing any sense into you, so please just watch what you say around Caramel, we dont need her getting all scared" she said, still trying to think of reasons as to why her friends had suddenly become crazy

Ghost turns to Grand. "No, Grand. You don't understand. Zycrin is the deadliest assassin in this barren wasteland. He's been my arch rival ever since the outbreak began. He's tried to kill almost every remaining pony in the world. I've always been there to stop him, though. If he's after all of you now, I have to tag along. I need to be there if he actually does come so I can stop him."

(edited)

Suddenly, something snapped inside Fire Horn's mind. He clutched his head again. He blinked a few times.

"Sorry, guys." Fire Horn said. "I have no idea what happened." He looks behind him. "Oh, i kinda went a bit nuts didn't i? Well, best thing to do now is to prepare, if i'm right and i usually am, Zycrin will be coming. And by the looks of things, he'll be here soon."

, that's your cue.

Edited by ShyFlutters

((Sorry I am late, laptop died and I had to fix the charger))

Zycrin was outside there 'base' on the rooftops overlooking the enterance to the building, he teleported down to the enterance, making sure not to be seen by anypony. He snuck over into the shadows where he became almost invisable. He slowly made his way to the lab where fire horn and ghost where. With his dagger drawn, He waited for one of the ponies to leave the room, before he attacked one of them.

Edited by The Shadow Alicorn

((Sorry I am late, laptop died and I had to fix the charger))

Zycrin was outside there 'base' on the rooftops overlooking the enterance to the building, he teleported down to the enterance, making sure not to be seen by anypony. He snuck over into the shadows where he became almost invisable. He slowly made his way to the lab where fire horn and ghost where. With his dagger drawn, He waited for one of the ponies to leave the room, before he attacked one of them.

Ghost suddenly felt a disturbance. A disturbance he gets when there is danger. "Everypony, remain vigilant. I think he's here..." Ghost looked at all sides. No sign of his enemy. Zycrin shouldn't be taken upon lightly. He's crafty as well as he is sneaky. Ghost was always able to stop him, though. Hopefully this time will be no different.

Grandt rolled her eyes. "We have gone this far without being assassinated, it doesn't seem like its going to start bothering us now" she said, going to check on her sister. "Let me know when you two stop being crazy ponies" she said, walking out into the main room, sighing as she left.

Edited by Grand_Finale

Zycrin watched as grand left the room, this was an opertunity to hurt one of his targets. Without a second thought he launched himself out of the shadows and at grand, driving his dagger into her chest. (Non fatal, don't want anyone to die too soon). With this done he placed a note down at her side, (you make up what it says). Finaly he teleported away, making sure everypony just saw what had happened to Grand.

Grand gasped, and looked down to see the dagger in her chest before doubling over and collapsing to the ground, passing out from the pain. Caramel walked into the room from her room and saw grand laying on the ground. She screamed before running over to her sister, tears running down her face."grandy? Grandy ya gotta get up" she said quietly, nudging grands cheek, not paying attention to the blood beginning to pool around her feet

Ghost heard Grand's scream and ran out into the lobby. He saw her on the ground with Caramel. "Damn it! I knew he was here. Looks like I missed him." Ghost puts bandages on Grand's feet and kneels down to her. He spoke in a calming tone. "You'll be okay. Don't worry."

Caramel looked at ghost with red eyes and a wet face. "Who would do something like this?" She sniffed, staying close to her sister despite the blood. "What if she doesn't wake up" caramel whispered, closing her eyes and burrowing her face into grands fur. "Why would anyone want to hurt my big sister?"

Caramel looked at ghost with red eyes and a wet face. "Who would do something like this?" She sniffed, staying close to her sister despite the blood. "What if she doesn't wake up" caramel whispered, closing her eyes and burrowing her face into grands fur. "Why would anyone want to hurt my big sister?"

"Zycrin would. Killing and hurting other ponies is what keeps him going through times like these. If he doesn't do that... he'll take his own life if he has to." Ghost puts his hoof on Caramel's shoulder. He could tell she was super upset. "She'll be fine, Caramel. She'll wake up, eventually. Next time he comes, I'll give him what for."

(edited)

"This isn't at all what happened before, Zycrin was never this, how should i say, deadly, i don't think i should assume what's going to happen, we need to keep her eyes open." Fire Horn said, he looked on Grand, there was a note. "Wait a minute, there's a note, probably from Zycrin."

Edited by ShyFlutters

"This isn't at all what happened before, Zycrin was never this, how should i say, deadly, i don't think i should assume what's going to happen, we need to keep her eyes open." Fire Horn said, he looked on Grand, there was a note. "Wait a minute, there's a note, probably from Zycrin."

"It should be. I've known Zycrin since outbreak began, and I know almost everything about him. After he strikes, he leaves a note with his signature." Ghost picks up the note and begins to read it out loud.

"The mare should count herself lucky that I didn't take her life. Now, hello Ghost, old friend. I know you're with this group and they have quite a price on their heads. I suggest you tag along with this lot and protect them with your life from me. You may or may not want to go with them, but you must. It's a matter of life and death.

~Zycrin"

Ghost put down the note. "Well, I guess I don't have many options." Ghost turned to Fire and Caramel. "I'm coming with you guys to protect you from that lunatic. Looks like you have a new member to your lot."

(I'm gonna assume I'm bandaged up or something.)

Grand blinked her eyes open groggily, feeling incredibly weak, and a pain in her chest. "Wh-where did that dagger come from?" She said, struggling to get to a sitting position. Her sister had fallen asleep next to her. She felt horrible for scaring her sister like that

(edited)

"It was Zycrin, he's an assassin for hire, killing for whoever pays the most. It's sick really." Fire Horn was levitating Zycrin's dagger, it was covered in blood, it was profesionally made, definitely, Fire Horn hadn't seen a dagger like this for a long while."

Edited by ShyFlutters

(I'm gonna assume I'm bandaged up or something.)

Grand blinked her eyes open groggily, feeling incredibly weak, and a pain in her chest. "Wh-where did that dagger come from?" She said, struggling to get to a sitting position. Her sister had fallen asleep next to her. She felt horrible for scaring her sister like that

Ghost walked up to her while she was on the ground. "It was Zycrin. I told you he was coming. He left a note saying that he would be coming back to finish you all off. So, I'm coming with all of you so I can make sure you carry on safely." Ghost knew that he didn't have much of a choice. He had to go with them if he wanted to stop Zycrin and keep him from killing the group. He helped Grand back up to her feet. "Minor injuries. Nothing that can hold you back."

Ghost jumped and got back to his hooves. "Let me just grab some stuff from my shack. I'll be back in a minute." Ghost ran out the door and went back to his shack. If he was going to go along with this group, he'll need his battle equipment. As he was gathering his stuff, a signal mysteriously came on his ham radio. The signal seemed unfamiliar to Ghost. What could it be.

(This is where your idea is coming into play, Shadow alicorn)

Caramel woke up sleepily, but as soon as she saw grand her face lit up. "Grandy! Your okay!" She said, hugging her sister tightly. Grand hugged her back, but she was still quite weak. "Alright, so clearly you were right about this assassin character. Now what?" She said, ignoring the pain in her chest

Fire Horn thought for a moment, he had a theory. "Honestly, no clue, if we wait around here without any kind of protection, Zycrin is probably going to kill us all. We need Ghost because he's probably the only one who can actually fight Zycrin." It was a mistake to assume the stream of events would be the same in both universes.

"Well perhaps we need to leave manehattan. Maybe canterlot or las Pegasus? It's certainly not safe here anymore" she said, grabbing a few painkillers from the medicine supplies and giving them to herself. "You don't think he would target caramel would he?" She asked, the possibility just dawning on her now

(edited)

Fire Horn was speechless, he didn't have an answer, there was no guarantee that Zycrin wouldn't go after a child, he has no moral compass, he kills without discrimination, The worst part about it was, if this was his son, what would he expect someone to say to him.

"I'm sure he would never attack a little filly." Fire Horn said, lying to not cause worry.

Edited by ShyFlutters

Ghost started to run back to the hospital with his ham radio and his battle equipment. This new signal seemed very out-of-the-ordinary, and he couldn't make it out. He thought that maybe on of the others knew what it meant. In about two minutes, he was back at the hospital. "There's an odd signal coming from my radio. Can any of you make it out?" He then saw Grand awake on the ground. "Well, look who's up. I brought some medical supplies from my shack. Let me patch you up." Ghost begins to patch up Grand's wounds. He tried to be careful, as he didn't want to hurt her. "How do you feel?"

"Well I'm alive, so that's a plus" she said with a smile. "It could have been much worse, I'm glad I'm still walking and talking" she said, cringing only a little bit. "I don't know what the radio is saying, but perhaps fire would know. He seems to be the scientist of the group anyways"

@@Grand_Finale,

Ghost talked with Grand as he was patching up her open wounds. He didn't know much about first aid, but he tried his best. "Well, he was right about Zycrin coming here. Too bad I couldn't get him. Sorry for letting you get hurt like that." Ghost finished patching up the last of the cut. "And... there we go."

Grand smiled. "Well I don't think anyone expected an assassin to pop up out of nowhere. Don't beat yourself up about it. And thank you for patching it up, should be much better in a few days. Now about this radio business" she said turning to it and listening. "Perhaps it isn't tuned right?" She said, fiddling with the knobs