Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls Collecting

Jemboi

I'm not going to, sure the movie was great! hell that's why I'm going to buy it once it comes to DVD but as for the other things that came with the movie no, its just not for me.. Sure I have all the MLP:FIM stuff, comics, socks, toys etc but as for going that far for EG. no thanks

They look pretty cool: I'd like to buy some of those as I loved the Equastia Girls movie was pretty aewsome

What store did you see the dolls in?

I found them at Toys R Us. The rest I ordered online from Target so I'm good to go. I can't wait to get them! I also ordered the bluray. :-)
  • Brohoof 1

I've got to say, I loved Equestria Girls, but those toys are ABOMINABLE. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely buy pony merch, if Hasbro would actually come out with something of QUALITY. The clothes resemble nothing that they wore at any point in the movie, the faces all use the same template, and Princess Celestia is only labeled as "Celestia". Don't they know that she has an official title? The doll for the Princess is the exact same shape and size as Twilight, Sunset Shimmer, and Rainbow Dash, and the hair colours are a bit off as well.

If I were going to get anything, I would only buy fanmade stuff, because only fans who are interested in making something of quality (instead of something that is just going to sell to little girls without discerning eyes), are going to produce quality and show-realistic toys.

Edited by Fluttering High
  • Brohoof 2

I've got to say, I loved Equestria Girls, but those toys are ABOMINABLE. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely buy pony merch, if Hasbro would actually come out with something of QUALITY. The clothes resemble nothing that they wore at any point in the movie, the faces all use the same template, and Princess Celestia is only labeled as "Celestia". Don't they know that she has an official title? The doll for the Princess is the exact same shape and size as Twilight, Sunset Shimmer, and Rainbow Dash, and the hair colours are a bit off as well.

If I were going to get anything, I would only buy fanmade stuff, because only fans who are interested in making something of quality (instead of something that is just going to sell to little girls without discerning eyes), are going to produce quality and show-realistic toys.

The dolls actually look rather nice once you wipe their faces off. I bought a Twilight in hopes of doing a repaint to make her look less...sexualized...? Seriously, taking off her lipstick makes a huge difference. I was gonna try my hand at buying and repainting the dolls, but my first and current attempt is looking somewhat tragic...

If I do start collecting the dolls, I'd wipe all their faces, or at least their lipstick; that alone would be an improvement.