Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have any other names for Applejack's genderbent counterpart?

Rainbow Eclipse

Twilight Sparkle - Dusk Shine

Rainbow Dash - Rainbow Blitz

Pinkie Pie - Bubble Berry

Rarity - Elusive

Fluttershy - Butterscotch

And Applejack's R63 name is... Applejack

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Anyway, getting back to the point, do you have any names for Applejack's male counterpart? I call him Applebrandy.

Seeing as the only defacto-nym of Applejack is Jack, which is a colloquialization of John, Applejack's name in of itself is arguably tomboy-ish at best when applied to a female character. One might even make the case of the invert of your idea: that Applejack is the best name for a male character, and that default non-R63 Applejack ought to have a different name, like 'Applejane'.

This inversion of name convention in my opinion means that Applejack's name is fine and any sincere insistence that it is not, means one is more concerned with alteration of details from the original than the character themselves.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I just thought about it, but isn't Rarity always calling Applejack, "Jacqueline"? Maybe Applejack is short for Apple Jacqueline? Which would mean that Apple Jack for the R63 version of her would be just fine, wouldn't it? I mean, Applejack works on a farm and Jacqueline sounds like something you'd call a prissy, hoity toity city pony, so it makes sense she'd prefer Applejack to her full name.