Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Promises, Kept and Broken.

Spark_Vision

Take on too many promises and then you've just found yourself with a problem...

Sure I've been a fool saying yes to a lot of things and then turning around wondering why in the world did I not think of the repercussions later. You live some and learn some all the time. Just be honest and know not to take on too many promises you know you can't keep in the first place.

Also by not keeping promises leads to broken trust in a relationship. And trust is one of the hardest things to repair once its severed... Trust me on that, I sure know my share of times in which that has happened.

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 3

Depending on the promise itself. I am a trustworthy person that is able to keep secrets and stuff. However, if the promise request me to do something outside my comfy zone, I will refuse to comply.

Yeah i take promises very seriously. I even make pinky pie promises. Most people dont get it when i make that promise, but i let them know how important it is.

I havent broke a pinkie pie promise, but i have broke promises before. It is a terrible feeling to me.

I usually can't keep promises that start like, "From now on". I just can't study effectively everyday, sorry teacher. :C

I don't really think that I have ever kept a promise about me studying everyday or something like that.

Edit: When it comes to secrets, I will never ever tell them. I don't think I have too. I might do so someday because I might forget about it.

Edited by Hecarim

I take my promises very seriously and I would rather die then give away other people's secrets. I'm loyal but I do sometimes make promises I can't keep but those I can keep, I keep.

I've never promised anything that I can't keep but I've made some hard ones but I usually make a promise with an explanation why I might not be able to fulfill that promise yet if everything works out I would.

I don't think I've ever broken a promise but I may have, I'm not sure. It's not something I do, I'm trustworthy.

I've only made one promise that might be hard to keep but so far I have.

I've learned to only make promises you know for a FACT you can keep, or else you're gonna disappoint someone. It's better to not lie and get their hopes up by saying "I promise" if you can't do something. I try to keep the ones I do make.

I would keep a promise to my grave, because I'm willing to keep secrets and promises to stay true to whoever I'm keeping the promise for. What I hate is when a close friend of yours keeps a promise, then breaks the promise immediately.

I've kept nearly all of my promises. The only promises I have broken are those of annoying people that never left/leave me alone, but I don't consider those promises. I don't let people keep a promise or ever tell them a secret of mine, since many don't really care about whether they break it or not.