Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Artist Needed: Fanfiction Cover Image

Legendary Emerald

Helloooooooooh my god I am tired. Sorry, I've spent the entire day writing. I just sent the rough draft of my first MLP: FiM fanfiction to the best editor in the world, Hal 9000, and now that story is his problem. After he's made the necessary edits and given his thoughts, all I'll need to do is make some last minute changes if I deem them necessary and then begin uploading it to the usual round of fanfiction sites.

But before that, I need a cover image, especially if I'm going to suck up the courage necessary to send it in to Equestria Daily.

Story Summary:

"It's the day of the mysterious Glowmelon Festival and all of Ponyville is excited. But Twilight Sparkle is confused by the strange fruit that the forest animals bring in, and hearing that somepony or something named Glowmelina is behind the event only makes her more curious. Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy decide to seek out the truth behind the festival, but not all mysteries are meant to be solved."

I'm not looking for much, just a simple image that could represent the story. The drawing I came up with was this (excuse the fact that prior to drawing this, I'd never drawn a pony before):

Posted Image

Basically, if you can draw something better than that (and preferably in color), then you have what I'm looking for. You don't have to follow the concept I came up with though; you can be original. If you want to read the fanfic to get inspiration, that's fine as well; I'll send it to you.

I thank all of you talented artists in advance for your consideration.

PS: If you are interested, but require a commission fee, I will try to scrounge up the money. But I'm a very poor college student, so if your artwork is truly amazing, I doubt I can afford it.

Edited by Legendary Emerald

Does the melon miraculously do anything spectacular? Like float... or teleport... or something? Those sort of mysterious properties make really good covers!

I could try at some point if any of those are apparent in the fanfiction.

(edited)

Does the melon miraculously do anything spectacular? Like float... or teleport... or something? Those sort of mysterious properties make really good covers!

I could try at some point if any of those are apparent in the fanfiction.

They glow, and are almost obscenely delicious. That's about it though, lol. But for the purpose of a drawing, they can do whatever, as long as its interesting. :)

Threw together a few vectors and schtuff:

post-466-0-72057300-1330551230_thumb.png

That's pretty good! But Twilight is a bit left of the frame, and her expression seems a bit too angry. I suppose it could be construed as determination though, and that sort of works. I guess I should have specified that the glow-melon are good, and not evil or anything. Speaking of, your glowmelon looks perfect.

If both of you are interested in this, then I will use the different cover images at different sites; the story will be on FiM fiction, deviantart, hopefully equestria daily, and any other appropriate site I find.

Also, I've edited my first post to include the story summary. That might help for ideas.

EDIT:

Posted Image

I decided that your image worked, Ezynell. Resized it and added some text, and it looks good to me. At first I tried to edit her expression to seem less intense, but it actually took away from the image, so I decided not to go with the idea.

Edited by Legendary Emerald