Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello

Walkingdragon

My name is Montana Gale, (as you can tell my Alias is Walkingdragon, I use it for a lot of registration usernames (see if you can find me)) I was recently told about Everfree by a friend who I found is addicted to MLP, I was brought to the Brony community (but never really joined) thanks to one of my RL friends who got me to watch the show. I have done some MLP Drawings (Which I will probably show later on if we get a media board) but I hope to meet some of you at this years Everfree event!

P.S: Favorite pony = Fluttershy!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I use a set of 120 different colors so usually, I can just use a darker shade. But pressing harder works for fine shading. Plus, my pencils are water soluble so I can turn them into water colors too. I'ma have to check out your gallery.

Well all my line art is hand drawn in pen and ink on paper. I just color by computer sometimes. I think I'm better doing it by Hoof.

I have been drawing and sketching things for over 20 years. So that's why I seem to be so good, I have had lots of practice! What I'm saying is, keep practicing! You'll get there! You are already pretty good.

Well I haven't drawn since I was 13 before these drawings, I started when I was 10, then stopped since I didn't have pencils in MX, as for computer drawing I can't do that with just a mouse, has to be a pencil like object and a touchpad... :l

Then maybe try doing what the professionals do... go to an art supply store, and find 'non-repo' light blue pencils/pencil lead (ask the staff if you're not sure, they should know what you're talking about if they're any good), and use that for the sketch outlines, then ink the lines you want, and scan in the result. The scanner won't pick up the blue lines, only the inked version.

Or, while you're at the art store, look into buying what's known as an eraser shield: it's a thin metal stencil for use with erasers so you only erase what you want to.